Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 727374
  1. Re: Week 6 - Ravens vs The State of TX - GAME THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    This defense could get scary once we get Smith and Carr back. That's a huge upgrade from Gorrer and Nakamura.
    I think that kid Gorrer has played his ass off.

No I don't want him over Smith or Carr, but he did a really nice job filling in.

Seems like a kid just happy being on the field doing anything.

He's a nice insurance policy in case something happens later. The Ravens have valuable info knowing that he can be a decent fill in player.

Re: Week 6 - Ravens vs The State of TX - GAME THREAD

That's weird, Irish.

All of the jerseys off NFLshop are the same color of purple.

Of course, living down here I have to order my Ravens stuff from the internet so I don't know where people get the fake jerseys.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

3. Re: Week 6 - Ravens vs The State of TX - GAME THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    I think that kid Gorrer has played his ass off.

No I don't want him over Smith or Carr, but he did a really nice job filling in.

Seems like a kid just happy being on the field doing anything.

He's a nice insurance policy in case something happens later. The Ravens have valuable info knowing that he can be a decent fill in player.
    Agreed. He could be another Cary Williams down the road, but I would be much more comfortable against Green Bay or New England with Smith and/or Carr in the game.

Blog Entries

I just want to say I much I appreaciate this thread every week. I'd rather come here
    and watch the game with you guys than at the water hole with my pals.

I love all you guys. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Way offtopic

But there are some amount of shoddy fake jerseys out there, saw them all during the game when they show the fans

I'm not posting about the rights or wrongs of buying fakes, spend your dollars as you wish

But these jerseys are blue, not even a shade of purple but blue

If you're going to buy a fake, make it a decent one, it looks ridiculous and a blue Flacco jersey is like a shining beacon in a sea of Ravens jerseys. You can't help but see them on TV
    :word

My often mocked crusade has found its way to your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Way offtopic

But there are some amount of shoddy fake jerseys out there, saw them all during the game when they show the fans

I'm not posting about the rights or wrongs of buying fakes, spend your dollars as you wish

But these jerseys are blue, not even a shade of purple but blue

If you're going to buy a fake, make it a decent one, it looks ridiculous and a blue Flacco jersey is like a shining beacon in a sea of Ravens jerseys. You can't help but see them on TV
    LOL, the guy that sits next to me has one of these. It's just bizarre!

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I don't understand what people want.

Flacco was close to 60% for 305 yards, 1 INT, 1 fumble and a rushing TD. Considering how much pressure Joe was under today, I'll take those stats.

Yes, I would prefer to not have the kicker have to nail five FGs but how often did we have good field position? None. Our offense actually drove down the field for the points.

As for putting 40 up on the board, how often do you see that in the NFL? Not very often at all. In fact, our offense is, with two games left to play, the highest scoring offense of the week.

With the game on the line, Joe stood up and made the plays we needed. Ray Rice continues to be a beast and Smith is a stud in the making.
    Let's be fair here, he made good adjustments in the second half. He made all those mistakes in the first half and kept the Texans in the game. My frustration happened then because we started to see the same thing we saw in past weeks. Flacco has fumbled in what seems like every game (although I know it hasn't been every game).

I loved the deep throws tonight. The throw to Boldin was actually more impressive to me than the throw to Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Let's be fair here, he made good adjustments in the second half. He made all those mistakes in the first half and kept the Texans in the game. My frustration happened then because we started to see the same thing we saw in past weeks. Flacco has fumbled in what seems like every game (although I know it hasn't been every game).

I loved the deep throws tonight. The throw to Boldin was actually more impressive to me than the throw to Smith.
    Outside of the Steelers, he might have fumbled every game. I, personally, would like to see more rollouts so the defense doesn't have a static point to aim at.

My point is that people don't seem to give Joe any credit. We keep hearing about Joe missing open WRs but completeing 60% of his passes means he was finding them more than he wasn't.

Scallywag said on another thread that the stat line didn't tell the whole story. That's kind of the thing. We, as fans of the Ravens, watch Joe more than we do any other QB. Naturally we're going to see more of his terrible passes than we do from anybody else, so we think he's worse.

He's a good QB. He makes plays to win the game and with his receivers maturing and Cam not being an idiot in the redzone, we'll see a balanced offense that we've always dreamed of.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock