1. Trade advice. Gore for which WR1?

PPR, 12 teams. I'm 5-0, 3rd highest in points scored thanks to Brees, my WRs and some good D/ST switching from week to week.

Other guy has Gore, needs WR help very badly. My horrid RB situation is as follows:

Chris Johnson (slow start, need him to get going)
    Ernest Graham (so-so in PPR leagues)
    Joseph Addai (crap start, injured, most likely a crap finish)
    Steven Ridley (Belicheck has Shanahan syndrome)
    Ladainian Tomlinson (Jets "Ground n' Pound" apparently means "The Shonn Greene Show")

I have Wallace, Bowe and Stevie Johnson.

Which would you trade straight-up for Gore? Or should I not mess with a 5-0 team?

Would leave me with James Jones as my WR3.

Re: Trade advice. Gore for which WR1?

Hi shock. Sorry I couldnt respond on sunspot. My 15 page views ran out.

Can you start all 3 of your receivers in 1 week? If you can, I wouldn't trade any of them for Frank Gore. He has too much of an injury risk.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, who are the rest of the players on your team. You still do need another RB. I don't think CJ and Addai are going to be winning a fantasy championship anytime soon.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

3. Re: Trade advice. Gore for which WR1?

Hey, yeah I guess I left some important info out.

We start a QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE. No flex.

My team is:

Brees
    Cassell
    Chris Johnson
    Graham
    LT
    Addai
    Ridley
    Bowe
    Wallace
    Stevie Johnson
    James Jones
    Owen Daniels
    Ed Dickson

I see your point. Trading straight up like that wouldn't help me at all. Especially when we start 3 WR and it's PPR.

Should I try to trade someone like Bowe for a tier 2 RB and WR? Getting 2 guys that average over 10 points a game would be a help.
    Last edited by shocksyde; 10-13-2011 at 08:43 AM.

unless you can get megatron I would keep him. You have a good 3 reciever corp there. RB's that dont share the load are a must have on a team, and cj is getting back into football shape. so with him a gore you are in a good position.

5. Re: Trade advice. Gore for which WR1?

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedChaos View Post
    unless you can get megatron I would keep him. You have a good 3 reciever corp there. RB's that dont share the load are a must have on a team, and cj is getting back into football shape. so with him a gore you are in a good position.
    I'm not the one with Gore. I was trying to get a better RB by trading Bowe.

Ahh my fault, misread it. Thats a tough call only because of Gore's health questions. You have the reciever to spare so it wouldnt hurt you in the long run. Are there any other backs that could be traded for?

How do your waivers work? Is it first come first serve? If not, I would try to gain the best waiver position, keep what you have and wait for an injury to promote a RB to starter status and claim him off of waivers.

8. Re: Trade advice. Gore for which WR1?

Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdaddy1213 View Post
    How do your waivers work? Is it first come first serve? If not, I would try to gain the best waiver position, keep what you have and wait for an injury to promote a RB to starter status and claim him off of waivers.
    It's numbered waiver positions. I'm currently 10 of 12 due to grabbing Graham so I didn't have to start LT and Ridley.

After looking at other rosters and the amount of points I've scored, I'm with you on riding it out for now. Chris Johnson has to pick it up. Right? Haha.

9. Re: Trade advice. Gore for which WR1?

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedChaos View Post
    Ahh my fault, misread it. Thats a tough call only because of Gore's health questions. You have the reciever to spare so it wouldnt hurt you in the long run. Are there any other backs that could be traded for?
    We start 3WR, which is why I'm not going to do it anymore. PPR league, WRs are worth a ton, and I've got 3 top 12 guys right now.

That's what I'm doing now in mine. I'm riding it out hoping to land a big waiver catch like I did the last couple of years with Vick, Warner, and Charles.

11. Re: Trade advice. Gore for which WR1?

It appears I made the best decision ever.

Grabbed Graham to fill in this week, turns out Blount has an MCL tear and will be out 4-6 weeks. Mwahahahahaha!

I picked up graham as well, but keep an eye on him and his hammy. Hes been on the injury report with it. Hopefully he will fill in nicely for them in Blounts absence. Who is their 3rd rb behind graham?