Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Tebo Time In Denver

If you want to read some amusing (and possible some offensive) comments about this, some of these had me cracking up.

http://www.fark.com/comments/6635346...ow-is-thy-name

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    My prediction: He'll back on the bench before the season is over, either because of bad play or injury.
    Barring injury, Tim Tebow will be a hall of fame football player.

I have never been caught up in the Tebow hype, but I did enjoy watching him play last week. Almost had a college feel to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Please tell me you didn't join just to post that pipe dream...

Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    Please tell me you didn't join just to post that pipe dream...
    Mark my words ...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    I have never been caught up in the Tebow hype, but I did enjoy watching him play last week. Almost had a college feel to the game.
    Yea, it was kind of exciting. I mean, I'm not a huge Tebow fan by any means, but I wanted to see him come in and lead the Broncos back to victory. I think it would have been a cool story. Actually, that last pass into the end zone wasn't a terrible throw. It hit a Broncos' receiver in the arm.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    And I thought I heard everything on this board...:grbac:
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Stop hatin' on the man. I'm no fan of his but I don't get all of the hate for him. Lay off of the haterade, there's better stuff you can be drinking.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

I don't hate him, just don't see all the need for the hype around him...

Blog Entries

I don't get the hate for him either. Don't know how Tebow will play, his intangibles should be able to get the Broncos a few wins, I just don't know if he has the arm strength to play QB in the NFL.

At the very least, I can guarantee that he won't curl up into a ball at the first sign of contact like Kyle Orton does, and for that reason alone the Broncos should be better off.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    I don't hate him, just don't see all the need for the hype around him...
    I hate the hype he receives. I get he was dominate in college, but how many players were dominate in college and did nothing in the NFL.

He has very poor mechanics and his arm strength is suspect. Now he is a good leader and has the ability to turn nothing into something. I just dont think that will be enough to lead a team to the playoffs and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I hate the hype he receives. I get he was dominate in college, but how many players were dominate in college and did nothing in the NFL.

He has very poor mechanics and his arm strength is suspect. Now he is a good leader and has the ability to turn nothing into something. I just dont think that will be enough to lead a team to the playoffs and beyond.
    His arm strength? Have you watched Tebow play? He may not have good mechanics or great accuracy (why don't we give him a full season at least to judge that) but he definitely has a strong arm.

The thing that pisses me off is the people who say he can't play on this level before he even gets his shot. They read his stat line and criticize him for TDs on screens, running the ball, or penalize him for players on his team making great catches. He is in his second year! He was a rookie last year and he played damn good for a rookie QB in those last three games. If he plays bad this season his detractors will say he isn't an NFL QB. If he leads the team to wins but doesn't have great passing stats they will still say he isn't an NFL QB. He didn't ask to be different than any other young QB and he deserves the same amount of time to develop.