Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Lardarius Webb only in his 3rd year at Cornerback.

I was kinda hoping for Taylor mays in the draft....dude lays people out!

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    No team will EVER convert a very good to great cornerback into a safety.
    At least not until he's too old to spin his hips, eg. Rod Woodson.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

No chance. No team will EVER convert a very good to great cornerback into a safety.

- C -
    Exactly right!

Webb hits like a SS but he's too small to play in that meat grinder between the tackles.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Webby has been doing an awsome job this year. I expect he'll only get better the longer he plays corner.

Blog Entries

I always thought Webb's injury stunted his growth. I think had he been able to finish his rookie season and come into last season healthy, he would have beat out a couple of guys to lockdown that starting job. Right now he's only got it because of injury.

I like Webb's growing confidence. In the offseason he was asked if he was worried that the Ravens drafted Jimmy Smith. Webb's reply was 'No, we are going to be great CB tandem for a long time' or something of that nature.

With Jimmy, Cary, and Webb, I think we've got a nice trio of corners for the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    He's good at corner... he'll only get better.
    Yep as good as he has already been....I think he gets WAY better.

Blog Entries

No chance. No team will EVER convert a very good to great cornerback into a safety.

- C -
    They did that with Ronnie Lott and we're not talking about an older player or someon who was inffective either. Lott was a 1st round pick at CB and had 7 interceptions there as a rookie. In his 5th season he was moved to free safety.

Blog Entries

I dont see Webb switching positions. You need 3 good CBs in this league. although I do understand why people would want him there. I guess it is plausible with Reed likely to retire in the next year or so and maybe chykie brown, McCann or even Gorrer stepping up in the future. Id be open to it in the future I guess, but It would have to be FS I think hes too small for SS for 16+ games.

I think a lot of people dont realize just how green Webb is, I take it for granted that hes only playing the position a few years because hes been pretty solid since hes been here, minus an injury recovery year that still had its moments.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I dont see Webb switching positions. You need 3 good CBs in this league. although I do understand why people would want him there. I guess it is plausible with Reed likely to retire in the next year or so and maybe chykie brown, McCann or even Gorrer stepping up in the future. Id be open to it in the future I guess, but It would have to be FS I think hes too small for SS for 16+ games.

I think a lot of people dont realize just how green Webb is, I take it for granted that hes only playing the position a few years because hes been pretty solid since hes been here, minus an injury recovery year that still had its moments.
    I think you're right. One thing I should have pointed out in my post about Lott is that Lott outweighed Webb by 20 pounds.

I also don't think Reed is going to retire any time soon. Last year when he was on PUP you could see he was dying to get back on the field. Ever since he returned his play has been tremendous. Reed loves the game way too much to give it up. He was even talking about wanting to sign an extension in the preseason. Reed will be around for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    He's definitely one of the guys the Ravens need to re-sign this offseason not named Ray Rice or Joe Flacco.
    He is a restricted FA. He will be here. He is playing very well.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I also don't think Reed is going to retire any time soon. Last year when he was on PUP you could see he was dying to get back on the field. Ever since he returned his play has been tremendous. Reed loves the game way too much to give it up. He was even talking about wanting to sign an extension in the preseason. Reed will be around for a while.
    You don't think he goes if he finally gets a ring? Also, you have to wonder how much longer the Ravens will keep on paying him.