Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mason in the doghouse in NY

http://mike-freeman.blogs.cbssports....64363/32637082

I liked both Mason and Rex when they were with the Ravens, but damn this is kind of humorous to see. A million props to Bisciotti and Ozzie for going in a different direction.

Blog Entries

Re: Mason in the doghouse in NY

They barely used him yesterday and it's hard to blame them. Mason was one cut I was happy to see

Blog Entries

I think he had 1 reception, but I only saw him out there for maybe 2 or 3 snaps.

Jeremy Kerley has taken the slot position.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

He got one key first down on a slant play and that was his contribution for the day. The dude can move the chains if they use him correctly but I guess if he's disgruntled that's another issue.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I don't know what it is but I love seeing the former Ravens fall on their faces with new teams. Maybe its because the media constantly blows Raven player losses out of proportion and make the player leaving seem more important then they are.

I miss Heap but I am glad the Cards suck.

I am happy as hell the Chiefs suck.

I am not upset about how Landry's stint with the Jags is starting off.

The Jets falling apart and Mason turning into TJ 2.0 is awesome.

I do wish McGahee the best and he's actually doing well but I hope being humbled on a sucky Denver team makes him appreciate his time as a winner with the Ravens.

Sucks for Derrick. He's a good wide receiver but this will be his last season. He went from one of our top 2, to being...I don't even know his role with the Jets. I wish him the best but his time with us needed to end.

Flacco's #2 from last year is essentially done, and his #3 is unemployed. Makes me appreciate what he did last year a bit more.

Reports are now coming out that Rex benched Mason because of his mouth.

Not really surprising that Mason would mouth off, although the irony of Rex benching anyone because of their mouth is pretty rich!
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post

Not really surprising that Mason would mouth off, although the irony of Rex benching anyone because of their mouth is pretty rich!
    What's surprising is that he would mouth off so soon after getting there.

When Mason was delivering on the field, his mouth was tolerable. Now that he can't go anymore (and couldn't really last year, either), his mouth is more trouble than it's worth. He thinks he's still 30 and should be the #1 guy, and everyone else but him knows he's not and shouldn't be. The Ravens new this, and that's why they cut bait this offseason. He hurt the team last year when he started moaning about not getting the ball enough. Flacco tried to placate him, he started getting balls that should've gone to Boldin, and the offense suffered a drop in productivity. Doesn't make him a bad guy, and doesn't diminish the efforts he gave the Ravens from '05-'09. It just is what it is.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post

:word Well played!:D
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

The best part is that we're starting to see why Rex's "system" doesn't always work.

The last two years, the brash, ego filled team has worked because they kept winning at the right times. So they continued to handpick the guys who would take big games, look like superstars, have big egos.

Now that they're struggling, you see some of the good vibes going away, and true natures are reeling their ugly heads. Mason is starting to act like he did at his worst in Baltimore. Calling for the ball, running his mouth... If they go into any more of a tailspin, I wonder if you'll start to see the divide like Billick had here, where you'll have one unit ahead of the other. In this case, I'm not really sure which unit could claim the better performance though.

Rex made comments before the game that "Belichick was the champ, but I'll take my swing at him". It was only a year or so ago when he said "I'm not here to kiss the rings (of Belichick)". Time is causing him to have to start eating his words.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!