Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Orleans Saints game Oct 29th

Roll call & where to tailgate?:)

Re: New Orleans Saints game Oct 29th

T . . . still haven't heard from Philly about where the seats are.

Where's my smokin' icon . . . are we now too politically correct for me to smoke on the board?
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

T, where are you sitting in the stadium? It'd be cool to be near each other.

I'll be there. I don't know where our group will be hanging out. We will probably do a Satruday night 'tailgate party' and just head into the game on Sunday at about 11am. Remember the game starts at 12 noon La time.

T - let me know if you have time for any of our events and I'll give you a heads up.

Green Wave: Our seats are Section 618, Row 27, Seats 1 thru 4

Hurting: If you can get your butts out of bed, let's meet up in the large Plaza in front of Gate C around 10 am to 10:30 am. If as in past Saints games I have attended, this will be a large outdoor party with rock, country, or blues band. Dollar beers and inexpensive food are sold in the mall which you must traverse leading to the Plaza from La Salle Street.

Hey All,
    I'll be there with my girlfriend, I'm sitting with a bunch of people in Ravens Roost 18. Our seats are in the lower endzone, not sure the section just yet.

Mista T, what are the sightlines like in the Dome? I understand its not the greatest place to see a football game. But hell, its N'Awlins!
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Thumbs up Re: New Orleans Saints game Oct 29th

Mista T, what are the sightlines like in the Dome? I understand its not the greatest place to see a football game.
    I don't know where you got that understanding, but I am of the opposite opinion! I have been to half or more of the NFL stadiums, and I have sat at every level of the S-Dome, and I cannot think of another NFL stadium which has better sightlines than the S-Dome. At least in the mid and upper levels. I don't know the dimensions, but the Superdome appears to have more of a vertical orientation than other stadiums, i.e. the upper level seats are thrust forward. And it does not have the two-tiered suite levels that forces the upper deck into the stratosphere.

Maybe I'm biased because I used to attend many games there, but IMHO it is still the best stadium in the NFL for fan comfort, such as theater-style cushioned seats not found in other domed stadiums, plenty of escalators and elevators, and restrooms. Plus: they sell beer in the 4th Quarter. It will be interesting to see how it looks (and smells) after the post-Katrina refurbishment.

Caution: if you are a smoker, you have to leave the entire stadium to smoke (with a re-entry pass), and the escalators do not run both ways! If that's important to you (hint: LR 127), you may opt for lower levels.

Last edited by Mista T; 08-24-2006 at 01:48 AM.

Don't know where my seats or tailgate party are, but I'm traveling with a group of Nest people.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I am patiently awaiting the Ding! fares to be available for late October. There are deals here and there for BWI-MSY but they haven't hit that time frame yet. $64 one way for one flight, $74 the other way but only through September thus far.

I am hoping to take the kids and visit some family and I can't afford $200 plus per ticket coupled with a rental car. And it is 2300 miles round trip to drive, which is more expensive when you factor in maintenance and depreciation, not to mention 4 days of driving.

And I still have to tell my aunt and uncle we will be crashing at their house!

I am patiently awaiting the Ding! fares to be available for late October.
    Me too! I am also looking at Jackson and Little Rock as alternates. There have recently September Ding! fares in the $65-$75 range for both (including today). I've never been to SE Arkansas, and the drive from Jackson to NOLA via Vicksburg, Natchez, and many plantation estates is leasurely worthwhile, or it's 3 hours direct via Interstate. Rental care are also cheaper.

When one of those DING fares come up can someone post it in the main forum, so I don't miss it, please.

Upper, upper corner huh T. To be honest, I was going to try to get more mid-field if I could. What's interesting is I don't think I saw any seats in the 600's lower than row 16 anywhere. The ones I was thinking about getting were 35th row (aisle though). I've only been lower level in the Superdome, so I'm not sure how far away I'm going to feel or if I should be concerned about the pushed forward seats (ie vertigo).

Does anyone from the nests know where they will be sitting exactly?

When one of those DING fares come up can someone post it in the main forum, so I don't miss it, please.
    "Ding!" fares usually are only up for a few hours. I've posted them before on the old board and never got a response. I suggest you go to the Southwest site and download Ding! to your PC.

Upper, upper corner huh T. To be honest, I was going to try to get more mid-field if I could.
    Free tickets. I've sat there before. They are about 10-15 yardline. Better perspective than Ravens upper sideline seats due to slant. These are aisle seats next to the ramp entrance to upper concourse. Very important: no climbing -- the escalator ends about 100 feet from the seats, and the men's room and two beer stands are within 50 to 75 feet.