Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft to reflect the standings so far this season.

You can check it out here: 2012 NFL Mock Draft

I fixed some of the backgrounds to make the text more readable so let me know if you can't read any.

Also I would love to hear your feedback!

Blog Entries

Re: New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

32. Stephon Gilmore - CB - South Carolina - 6'1'' 193lbs

Historically, the Ravens did pick two CBs (Starks - 1998, McAlister - 1999) in back-to-back drafts...and won Super Bowl XXXV. So if your mock is correct, we would have chosen two CBs (Jimmy Smith 2010) in a row too... Bc

no way ravens take another cb in the 1st round. Im expecting ravens to pick up a center or some OL. Or maybe trading out the 1st round. I think teams should only draft in the 1st round if they need a starter in a position right away. Our defense and offense dont really have holes in it.if anything the o-line because of age and contracts about to expire.

I don't think we are going CB 2 years in a row...especially another guy with off field issues.

We have 3 needs above CB going into next year IMHO...ILB, OT, and C.

Unless an obvious top 15ish talent drops to us, I'd expect us to address one of those needs. I'd love to have Te'o FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't think we are going CB 2 years in a row...especially another guy with off field issues.

We have 3 needs above CB going into next year IMHO...ILB, OT, and C.

Unless an obvious top 15ish talent drops to us, I'd expect us to address one of those needs. I'd love to have Te'o FWIW.
    This...i'd even say that finding an heir apparent to Ed Reed ranks higher then corner, especially if Webb and Williams get extensions

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    This...i'd even say that finding an heir apparent to Ed Reed ranks higher then corner, especially if Webb and Williams get extensions
    I think Ed Reed replacement is already on the team. We have depth at corner. so i would not be suprise to see a corner move to that free safety spot. Maybe move Zomboski over to that spot since he had so playing time there and have pollard at SS. Haruki Nakamura will be in the mix also so im not worried about the safety position.

Blog Entries

The Eagles picking in the Top 10? Come on man.

Also, I like some of the picks. I think your assessment of Landry Jones is pretty spot on. I don't see him being a top 15 pick though. I think he'll be floating around into the bottom of the 1st maybe top of the 2nd. There is probably little chance of him being a Top 10 pick. Especially to the Chiefs who took Ricky Stanzi last draft and still have Matt Cassell, who under Charlie Weiss was pretty darn good.

Lastly, no chance the Ravens take Janoris Jenkins. For starters we don't need a corner. Secondly, just because Jimmy Smith HAD issues early in his college career and the Ravens took him doesn't mean that every dumbass in college is automatically "ok" for the Ravens to take. Jenkins has had troubles EVERY YEAR while in college. Not only troubles, but some pretty serious allegations IIRC.

If the MLB Kuechly or Lt Adams are still on the board as you have them I'd bet that Ozzie pulls the trigger on one of them before another corner. However, I see the Ravens making a play for Mike Brewster. He's probably the best center prospect to come out since Nick Mangold.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Jimmy Smith last year in the first.
    Carr, Webb, Williams all playing at a high level.
    Gorrer and Brown look like they can play some too.
    Foxworth is expendable.

I think there's pretty much no chance we draft a corner in the first next year.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Jimmy Smith last year in the first.
    Carr, Webb, Williams all playing at a high level.
    Gorrer and Brown look like they can play some too.
    Foxworth is expendable.

I think there's pretty much no chance we draft a corner in the first next year.

- C -
    There's definitely a chance. If a corner is the best player available we'll take a corner.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

10. Re: New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    There's definitely a chance. If a corner is the best player available we'll take a corner.
    Were young at corner so i think we will be good off drafting another corner.That will mean we will have to pay a corner 1st rd money. I dont think their budget is that big for corner especially with other players having to resign.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    I def think that BPA is a factor, but who knows how they'll rank their board out. My guess is Janoris Jenkins won't even be on their big board.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I def think that BPA is a factor, but who knows how they'll rank their board out. My guess is Janoris Jenkins won't even be on their big board.
    I'd sure as hell hope not. That dude has issues.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66