Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Would the Rams take Luck?

Say the Rams keep losing and manage to get the number 1 pick in the draft. Do they take Luck even with Bradford?

With the new CBA top draft picks are much more tradable. If the Rams do end up with the first overall they'll either trade down to someone absolutely desperate for Luck or they'll just take the best player available.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Re: Would the Rams take Luck?

No. There's nothing wrong with Bradford. The Colts may end up with that pick though.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

If they do, I would laugh. I do not think that they would though.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Zero chance.

If Bradford had players who can catch he would have won at least two games this year.
    The guy can definitely play QB at an elite level within time, which is something I can't say about Luck.

St. Louis needs so much help that they would have to trade out of the spot anyway.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

If they HAVE to pick I think they'd be looking at these guys:

DT, Jerell Worthy, Michigan State (6'3" 305lbs)
    CB, Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama (6'3" 195lbs)
    WR, Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma St (6'1" 210lbs)
    WR, Alshon Jeffrey, South Carolina (6'4" 235lbs)

Any of those guys would be arguably worth the #1 pick and those are all major areas of need for St. Louis.

Realistically though, I think they trade down to a team like Washington, Dallas, or maybe even Denver.

I think there are going to be a lot of teams scrambling to make plays for Luck.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    No. There's nothing wrong with Bradford. The Colts may end up with that pick though.
    My money is still on Miami getting the first pick. Henne is out for the year, and their front office isn't keen on going after a credible replacement. It really looks like they are targeting that first pick to attract a new coach.

Blog Entries

If the Rams or Colts get the #1 pick they are going to trade it to try and rebuild their teams. I see the Seahawks ending up with a top 5 pick and trading a ton to get that #1 spot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If the Rams or Colts get the #1 pick they are going to trade it to try and rebuild their teams. I see the Seahawks ending up with a top 5 pick and trading a ton to get that #1 spot.
    I think Indy would take Luck in a heartbeat - maybe even try to trade up for it if they aren't #1. But the Rams have a very good young QB so they could deal the pick and get a couple extra.

Miami is likely in the running here too.

What about Mini? They took their QB in the first round but they might have the same dilemma.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Let's be honest about this, St. Louis needs all of the luck they can get.

Get it? Luck!? lololololololololol
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think Indy would take Luck in a heartbeat - maybe even try to trade up for it if they aren't #1. But the Rams have a very good young QB so they could deal the pick and get a couple extra.

Miami is likely in the running here too.

What about Mini? They took their QB in the first round but they might have the same dilemma.
    If they didn't have a new rookie pay scale I would say then those teams would have to take a look at Andrew Luck, but now with the new scale it makes trading in and out of the top 5 picks a lot easier.

If a team like Minnesota or St. Louis are picking at #1 overall I see a team like the Redskins or Cowboys doing whatever they had to do in order to trade up.

I just have a feeling that Dallas is going to make a move for Andrew Luck.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Totally disagree about the Colts. They know the value of a franchise QB and Manning is no spring chicken even if he comes back healthy. They would pull the trigger on Luck in a heartbeat. The Rams would trade the pick.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis