Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mommathurgoesthatman View Post
    why is stuf is always so personal on here? Lets just talk football bro. I dont care about folks or people being leery.

I recall last yr us losing to the steelers (dec 5 game) and the patriots when we had leads going into 4th. We had the lead at houston and we could of lost that game last yr too. Pitt in the playoffs is another example of 1st half leads disappearing and us not being able to score in 2nd half. This is our weak point.
    Nothing personal at all. If anyone is taking this personal is you, given your reaction when folks challenge your facts.

It's simply not good form to argue one point and shift the debate once challenged. This sites prides itself on a more nuanced fan.

Yes, please talk football but do so accurately. If you mess up, fine. It's all good. I mess up my fair share as well. Just don't move the goal posts.

We try to do our best around here to not compromise quality.

Re: Ravens new off coordinator is...

I honestly think Cam has done a pretty great job, since we hired him 3+ years ago. Esp considering the unsettled situation on our O-line this yr and last.

Gurode et al were allowing a ton of pressure on Joe in the middle of this past week's game. We haven't had a good, solid O-line since – when, 2009 before Gaither & Yanda's injuries? I like the picks Ozzie has made in the last couple drafts, but it would also be nice to invest some picks in O-line talent.

We are THIS CLOSE to being a powerful, explosive, dominating offense. If Lee Evans and Ben Grubbs come back from injury next week, and we get say 4 to 6 weeks of continuity for everyone to grow into their roles together, we could really be something over the last 6 games or so.

A normal offseason with everyone would help too, esp for the young guys like T Smith, Dickson, L Williams etc.

I agree with whoever mentioned Brian Billick.

That's at least as likely as a snowman lasting longer than 30 seconds on a July afternoon in Death Valley.

4. Re: Ravens new off coordinator is...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Nothing personal at all. If anyone is taking this personal is you, given your reaction when folks challenge your facts.

It's simply not good form to argue one point and shift the debate once challenged. This sites prides itself on a more nuanced fan.

Yes, please talk football but do so accurately. If you mess up, fine. It's all good. I mess up my fair share as well. Just don't move the goal posts.

We try to do our best around here to not compromise quality.
    You made it personal when said "you see why people are leery of me." thats not football talk. and you made a comment talking about my facts so i made a comment back when you ask me where i get my facts from. Im just given my opinion about football bro. Comment about my comment not about what internet people think about me. Com'on MAN!

Quote Originally Posted by mommathurgoesthatman View Post
    You made it personal when said "you see why people are leery of me." thats not football talk. and you made a comment talking about my facts so i made a comment back when you ask me where i get my facts from. Im just given my opinion about football bro. Comment about my comment not about what internet people think about me. Com'on MAN!
    That's me acknowledging what folks are saying about you in open threads. Has nothing to do with anything personal.

Whatever. Agree to disagree. Take my advise or don't. But I've been here long enough to know people won't take you seriously here unless you step up your game -- better grammar, spelling and facts.

Sorry folks for the small hijack. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    First of all, I think this thread goes hand in hand with the "What is 1 player the ravens should've signed" thread....We're only 4 games into the season, and you already want to discuss regrets and changes for next year. Might as well start threads saying "Who replaces Ray Lewis next year" and "Who stays and who goes next year". I'm sure you will say that's not your intention, maybe it isn't, but I feel like 4 games is a little soon to be writing Cam off.

That being said, Cam only remained this year due to the lockout. If he can improve our offensive play in the last 3 quarters of the season, he sticks. If he can't, he'll be gone. His replacement, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it'll be a college coach, probably known but not a hot name. I just think it's Harbaugh's style to find an assistant coach somewhere with a loose connection to him or someone on our staff, and make sure he's got someone who will subvert to his authority. Rex was the only guy he's had here who probably would've defied him. Aand that's not talking bad about Rex, I just mean someone who's ego and connection to the team is equally or more strong than Harbaugh's.
    Good post Scally! I stopped reading after this post because this was well said.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I hesitate to post here because the OP seems to follow the Dummy's Guide to Douchebagery.... however, it is never to early to speculate on the future.

Kubiak would be a great addition. If the Texans don't make it to the postseason after it has been wrapped up with a shiny red bow by Peyton's surgery.... Kubiak is on the street. I would take him.

I want no part of Haley. Apparently, he is friends with Harbaugh, but sideline emotional displays with players as HC and OC is unsettling.

Chilly would be a good option, but not the first, IMO.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

How about we not subject our young offense to a new OC. That would not be good
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Blog Entries

It's better to have an existing system, refine it, and continually seek players who are perfect fits for it. There is less disruption this way. Any "system" can work if you have players who fit it, understand it, and can execute it automatically in their sleep.

After that, the coaches must execel in identifying the right adjustments at the right times. That is a separate art from "designing the system."

So it's two things:"desiging the system" and "operating the system." There's nothing problematic with the design except perhaps the inability to deal with cover 2. Part of that may have been personnel, and that may have been or is in the process of being resolved.

In general, Cam's system seems to be set up fine; it's night and day better than Cavanaugh's "dead ball" era.

Where Cam isn't as good is in "operating" - making the adjustments.

If you scrap a system and replace it, do so with the understanding youre losing a couple seasons' worth of institutional knowledge, disrupting the timing of the offense, and generally taking a step back. Consider that, because if you don't like the offense where it is, then you're REALLY not going to like an entire season of it taking a step BACK FROM THERE.

And then there's the whole thing of who's going to ACTUALLY bring a BETTER system, and will they have the wherewithal to not only bring us a better "design" but also have superior "operational" abilities.

Tall order. Good luck finding the right fit.

Especially that we are in a "win now" mode. We're not dismantling or rebuilding. "Win now" teams are usually not well served making radical changes to the systems they run.

10. Re: Ravens new off coordinator is...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    That's me acknowledging what folks are saying about you in open threads. Has nothing to do with anything personal.

Whatever. Agree to disagree. Take my advise or don't. But I've been here long enough to know people won't take you seriously here unless you step up your game -- better grammar, spelling and facts.

Sorry folks for the small hijack. Carry on.

Ok so folks are saying it, why do you have to acknowlege it? Thats not talking football. Thats making it personal. duh! wow. You just prove my point. Step my game up so people can take me serious? huh? how serious is talking about football? its just football. I thought i can make any thread i want about the ravens(this is a ravens fan site right?) I make threads and leave comments about football thats it. People choose if they want to respond or not. Like i said before if you not ozzie newsome or john or in any position where you can affect the team personally than your opinions is the same as mine and everybody else on this board. Get real bro. im done

Well Joe and Cam have been year for 4 years and our offense is slightly better than it was in Joe's rookie year. I was expecting a lot more :(

Peyton Manning