Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Greetings Ravens, Texans fan here.

Assuming Evans, J Smith, Grubbs, and Carr are back and effective, AND that Andre J does not play, we will win if Flacco continues to play well in odd numbered games. He's been very good in games 1 and 3; much less effective in 2 and 4. Texans have a rep for being a "soft" or "finesse" team, and they did not get any tougher by losing Leach and Pollard, probably their most physical players, to us. I'm looking forward to those two playing like rabid Ravens against their old team. Texans are a fine, team, but I don't think they will match up well with us. We just need to keep Foster from pulling a Peyton Hillis on us . . .

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Assuming Evans, J Smith, Grubbs, and Carr are back and effective, AND that Andre J does not play, we will win if Flacco continues to play well in odd numbered games. He's been very good in games 1 and 3; much less effective in 2 and 4. Texans have a rep for being a "soft" or "finesse" team, and they did not get any tougher by losing Leach and Pollard, probably their most physical players, to us. I'm looking forward to those two playing like rabid Ravens against their old team. Texans are a fine, team, but I don't think they will match up well with us. We just need to keep Foster from pulling a Peyton Hillis on us . . .
    Noticed the rollercoaster, too, eh? I hate thinking that way because that means he's gonna tank in Pittsburgh :celery
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Blog Entries

Schaub seems like the kind of qb who can do well against the Ravens. He worries me, for sure. And as someone above mentioned, the Mario Williams/Michael Oher matchup could throw a wrench into our offensive gameplan. It'll be interesting to see how much effort Cam makes to run those slower developing (but more effective) 9 routes and crossing routes if Williams starts disrupting Joe. Everybody knows what happens next - the defense keys on the checkdowns to Rice, and everything bogs down.

My prediction is we might see some Pitta/Dickson lined up in the backfield to show as an extra pass protector on that side, with the bonus being obviously that they can get out and make more plays as receivers than Leach.

Blog Entries

Welcome, Texans fan.

I think this game is going to come down to the O-lines: which one does a better job protecting the QB. Houston can score a ton when Schaub can throw. Arian Foster helps with that because even a good run defense has to respect him. It's a plus for the Ravens that Super Mario (and don't the Texans look smart for taking him over Bush now?? I thought so then!) is really the Texans only big pass rusher. They don't play aggressive D like we're used to seeing in the AFC North.

If the Ravens can control Williams and give Flacco time to look downfield the Ravens can win even with Johnson in the line-up. I think our defense is good enough to make enough stops to win.

Blog Entries

One thing worries me about this game...cam cameron..you best believe with the texans front they will be playing cover 2 and there will be zone blitzing which kills cameron schemes I'm more worried joe and this offense than anything else.

Should be a good game.. although I expect the Raven's D to hold the Texans enough and their D doesn't scare anyone.

But if the Texans make the penalties they made against the Steelers, they'll be in for a LONG day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    One thing worries me about this game...cam cameron..you best believe with the texans front they will be playing cover 2 and there will be zone blitzing which kills cameron schemes I'm more worried joe and this offense than anything else.
    Texans have been creating a lot of pressure this year. I can see Cameron trying to use a similar game plan to the one he used against the Jets.

We are going to have to bring our physical game.....the Saints did against the Texans and it paid off. I think this mostly comes down to our offensive line controlling their pass rush, or opening lanes for Ray Rice.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Texans have been creating a lot of pressure this year. I can see Cameron trying to use a similar game plan to the one he used against the Jets.
    And that's what I am afraid of because that didn't work too well and jonathan joseph have always gave us problems at corner. I'm tellingyou the cover 2 is coming its the same problems flacco and cam has had since teams figured it out.