Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Andre Johnson to miss 3 weeks....

I know everyone wants to play a team when they are at their best, but injuries are a part of this game and I can honestly say i am elated that he won't be there (supposedly) for the ravens game. This is a necessary win in the race for top seeds in the AFC.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e-on-hamstring

Blog Entries

Re: Andre Johnson to miss 3 weeks....

The Texans' offense was pretty pedestrian without Andre Johnson in there against the Steelers.

Now, all they really have to focus on is Arian Foster and devote a bit of time to Owen Daniels because he is a pretty good TE as well.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

That greatly increases our chances. We'll be able to stack the box and focus on Foster.

I hope he is okay in the long run which I'm sure he will be, but I'm extremely relieved he'll be missing this game next weekend.
    90% of the game is half mental

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The Texans' offense was pretty pedestrian without Andre Johnson in there against the Steelers.

Now, all they really have to focus on is Arian Foster and devote a bit of time to Owen Daniels because he is a pretty good TE as well.
    Agreed. At least Pollard won't be able to kill us like he did in our last game too.

Quote Originally Posted by itsernst View Post
    I know everyone wants to play a team when they are at their best, but injuries are a part of this game and I can honestly say i am elated that he won't be there (supposedly) for the ravens game.
    Nah, I love playing injured teams. Would I feel bad if Andre Johnson wasn't on the field? Hell no. Jimmy Smith isn't on the field for us, Foxworth is on IR, Carr hasn't been healthy. At the end of the year, there aren't any asterisks next to teams who's stars were injured. I'm with you man! :happyanim

Blog Entries

Yeah, I wouldn't say injuries "even out" over time (Manning's injury comes to mind; no amount of opposing injuries will save the Colts season), but everybody gets 'em.

As far as wanting to beat teams "at their best", maybe a rival like Pitt so you don't have to keep hearing "yeah, but...." all the time (like with Rapistburger being out all those times we won) but other than that, doesn't matter.

I could care less about another teams injuries.

We are right up there with the most games missed by starters so far this year and I don't think anybody cared about us...I don't like seeing injuries, but it's part of the game.

With Johnson out, have to concentrate on Foster and don't forget about Owens...we'll probably have to give our LB's a lot of help on him.

Guys i hate to say it but we might have killed two birds with one stone.

Steelers get a loss, and it will be much easier to beat the Texans without Johnson, i hope to God he makes a quick recovery, but just not vs us let him take a vacation go fishing relax.

Pagano better have a plan for Owen Daniels, he's excellent as a Tight End
    A player I realy like

Texans leading receiver yet again on Sunday

I have a feeling that we will see him, even if he's not 100% in two weeks.

Jacoby Jones is quick.

Matt Schaub is one of the better QBs in the league. He is similar in some aspects to Matt Hasselback several weeks ago.

It wouldn't be wise for the Ravens Defense to sleep on this Texans team, even without Andre Johnson.

Blog Entries

The reports are 1 to 3 weeks. I wouldn't count him out yet.

Sucks for me, he's on my fantasy team. Just when I finally get Arian back, Johnson goes down, figures. I definitely don't think he'll be back for the Ravens game, they're saying October 23 is his target date.