Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Ngata fined $15K for hit on Sanchez (merged discussions)

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    The only thing Ngata did wrong was slightly lower his head. Which is more dangerous to himself than Sanchez.
    If he doesn't lower his head, wouldn't his helmet have hit Sanchez's helmet? Looks like that could've been the case from looking at the still BaltimoreBoy posted earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    If that hit was in the 2000 highlight tape we would watch it over and over calling it one of the best hits in franchise history.

Football is going soft.
    I honestly have no idea how they're supposed to go about it, anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    Ahh ok. I did miss the point. I can't argue with anything you said, although since there was no flag, I don't think it's a big deal
    No problem, and I agree. When there's a ref staring at the play in real time and he doesn't throw a flag, it's really dubious for that to go to a $15K fine.

What was Ngata supposed to do there? I'm not being rhetorical or flip, I mean really--how are you supposed to tackle people now? Like in a bear hug???
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    No problem, and I agree. When there's a ref staring at the play in real time and he doesn't throw a flag, it's really dubious for that to go to a $15K fine.
    I think any player in the game would rather the refs let them play and if a fine comes after the fact, so be it! At least on the field the play ran its course. Once the refs become the judge and jury on a questionable call, it takes more from the game itself. I do see the refs letting the play go on more so now...I hope it stays that way.