Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast
    Pats4now Guest

Why are you a ravens fan?

Why did you guys chose the ravens???

What would you tell a fan looking to switch teams to the ravens? How would u sell the ravens to a fan who's choosing a new NFL team to root for?

Re: Why are you a ravens fan?

Cut yourself and report back what color you bleed

Pats4now Guest

So you bleed black? I'd like to see it! Ha

4. Re: Why are you a ravens fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Pats4now View Post
    Why did you guys chose the ravens???

What would you tell a fan looking to switch teams to the ravens? How would u sell the ravens to a fan who's choosing a new NFL team to root for?
    I was a BALTIMORE Colts fan and my team left town..I started watching more college and Maryland football was on the menu. Boomer Esiason was taking Maryland to a Bowl game every year and I was hooked. He got drafted by the Bengals and I started rooting for the Bengals..He left the team and I tried to hang on to the Bengals, but that was the Jeff Blake years and I finally had enough. Baltimore finally got a team and I said I would stick with them through thick and thin because it was my hometown.

Ravens football is hard hitting, knock your teeth out, defensive football! It's "Old School Football"...You don't have to buy it, but I did and I am hooked :D

It's simple..... I'm a homer, and I love football....not museums! (PT)

Any other explanation is unnecessary.

If you want a convincing argument or talk about team stats.... I'm sure this mb is full of individuals that can fill your bucket! I hope they step up....because when you see the veracity of our fandom, if you have to ask again..... You just don't understand us, our team, or our town.

MR

6. Re: Why are you a ravens fan?

Quote Originally Posted by MountaineerRaven View Post
    It's simple..... I'm a homer, and I love football....not museums! (PT)

Any other explanation is unnecessary.

If you want a convincing argument or talk about team stats.... I'm sure this mb is full of individuals that can fill your bucket! I hope they step up....because when you see the veracity of our fandom, if you have to ask again..... You just don't understand us, our team, or our town.

MR
    :word and I wished this sign said "BRING IT" --->:read

My question is to YOU!! Pats4now is your s/n..... Are you moving to Baltimore in the future and thinking of routing for us?? or just a bandwagon fan looking to find a new wagon?

Not being a Dick.... I can understand..... I'm moving south soon, and will be surrounded by JAX fans. Though I'd never create a name of...Ravens4now..... I will always be a solid Ravens fan! Will I route for my new home team once I move?...hell yeah!...but the day the Ravens come to town....there is only one wagon I'm hitched upon.... My purple dream!

That day is soon coming on MNF, and I'll be sitting in my dads season ticket seats wearing my RAVENS jersey surrounded by Teal!

I guess you have to ask yourself.....who do you want to be a fan of??

Pats4now Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MountaineerRaven View Post
    My question is to YOU!! Pats4now is your s/n..... Are you moving to Baltimore in the future and thinking of routing for us?? or just a bandwagon fan looking to find a new wagon?

Not being a Dick.... I can understand..... I'm moving south soon, and will be surrounded by JAX fans. Though I'd never create a name of...Ravens4now..... I will always be a solid Ravens fan! Will I route for my new home team once I move?...hell yeah!...but the day the Ravens come to town....there is only one wagon I'm hitched upon.... My purple dream!

That day is soon coming on MNF, and I'll be sitting in my dads season ticket seats wearing my RAVENS jersey surrounded by Teal!

I guess you have to ask yourself.....who do you want to be a fan of??
    Yeah man.... Planning on moving to MD in the coming years. My fiancee and I love the area. (I've always secertly loved watching the ravens, because of their D.) But I can say that up here in NE! I'd be killed! ha
    I'm a defensive guy at heart, so watchin Ray & Ed lay wood all over the field is awesome.

Plus when they are blacked out its bad ass! : )

They combine two of my favorite things: Literature and football.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

10. Re: Why are you a ravens fan?

- Some of the most exciting players in the entire sport (Ray Rice, Ed Reed)
    - A competent owner who doesn't mind spending money
    - A very skilled front office that almost always hits with its draft picks (and anyway does so much better than the majority of the league that we're really spoiled when it comes to crowing about the occasional busts), thus making the team exciting to watch every year as new talent develops and contributes (aka we don't try to solve our problems through overpriced, dumb free agent signings a la the Snyder Redskins -- it is more fun to watch young and hungry guys prove themselves than to evaluate whether Albert Haynesworth, etc., is worth his $200 million)
    - Coaching staff that is above average
    - The result? A team that is almost always in the mix. Maybe 2 out of the last 10 years we were just completely out of it. Even, say, in 2002, that team was pretty much nothing but scrubs but we were 7-7 and in playoff contention in December. But nowadays we don't even have salary cap hangover years like that because the front office has improved. I think the early successes of the 2011 squad have shown that this is a franchise that is still improving, and learning from its mistakes.

Yeah man.... Planning on moving to MD in the coming years. My fiancee and I love the area. (I've always secertly loved watching the ravens, because of their D.) But I can say that up here in NE! I'd be killed! ha
    I'm a defensive guy at heart, so watchin Ray & Ed lay wood all over the field is awesome.

You can come down here and STILL be a Pats fan. We hate Brady, but doesn't everybody?! By the way, why would you get killed in clam country by saying you like the Ravens? It's not like you live in Pissburgh or somethin...

Ok than... I can fully accept that!

I'm soo looking forward to my move, but hating the fact of no more home games to route for my team....:( I'm sure I'll be blowing some bucks to head home just for the feeling!!

If d is what you want....you are heading to an eternal bliss!! Your first game at your new home will show you what no one else in this league seems to understand.... What it feels like to be a Ravens fan!

Maybe at that time your s/n will change to....PatsWHO

MR