Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MNF HANK WILLIAMS theme to be pulled...

ALL MY ROWDY FRIENDS is done....

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...10-03-18-42-48

wow

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Re: MNF HANK WILLIAMS theme to be pulled...

"While Hank Williams Jr. is not an ESPN employee, we recognize that he is closely linked to our company through the open to 'Monday Night Football,'" ESPN said in a statement. "We are extremely disappointed with his comments, and as a result we have decided to pull the open from tonight's telecast."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

The guy had arguably the cushiest job ever. No credentials, no achievements and he had a lifelong income all set.... and he had to open his dumbass mouth.

oh well, I was kinda tired of that song anyway... but COME ON, MAN!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I do not follow politics in a tentative manner, but I do not have an idea as to what he possibly thought would be accomplished by making those comments. Perhaps, it was one of those moments where one is without thought in preparation for their speech. I'm not naive enough to think that no one talks in this manner, behind the scenes. Some of all races talk a certain way in public and a certain way in the comfort of their own environment. However, I fail to see any justification for what he said.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Haha! My blog is justified, the end of that miserable song. Anyway, I have referenced Hitler from a historical standpoint because often people are too quick to forget him and the horrors he did out of political correctness, but his analogy was absurd in the mere fact that both men are elected officials of the United States. Not the supreme leader of genocide and the leader of the people he tried to extinguish.

Even more, Hank is simply an idiot for trying to make a point when no one cares about his opinion on politics in the first place.

AMF!

If his comments disturb you.....check out this article! Pretty much the same article, but continue to the bottom of the page to the comments.... Im patriotic...don't agree with everything going on, but where the hell do these people come up with some beliefs???!

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age1663100/pg1

7. Re: MNF HANK WILLIAMS theme to be pulled...

When you're being so crazy in an interview that the hosts of Fox & Friends are pushing back, that's pretty bad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    The guy had arguably the cushiest job ever. No credentials, no achievements and he had a lifelong income all set.... and he had to open his dumbass mouth.

oh well, I was kinda tired of that song anyway... but COME ON, MAN!
    No credentials and no achievements? That was sarcasm wasn't it? He won 4 emmy awards and appeared
    in movies and made mega hit records. Note all his greatest hits albums.

http://www.amazon.com/Hank-Williams-.../dp/B000000D7C

He helped developed country rock and put it on the map. How do
    you think he got the gig to begin with? He didn't care when he made the statement. Some of his songs
    have worse political tones than the hitler statement complete with racial slurs that would get me banned
    from here for mentioning them.

Not that Bocephus isn't engaging in some posturing here already--the preposterous "Texas Women," for example, could stand unaltered as a Saturday Night Live parody of redneck lechery.

I'm a country plowboy, not an urban cowboy,
    and I dont ride bulls but I have fought some men,
    drive a pickup truck,
    trust in God and luck and I live to love Texas women.

For years they had a bonafide red neck on.

Williams didn't need the gig. He's a millionaire many times and that song contributed a lot to
    that over plus he inhereted his famous father's wealth. He had a cool song and it was perfect for football.

All this proves he was right about Hitler. OBY has gone after just about
    everyone that criticized him on air including Rush, Hannity, Coulter and
    even Jim Cramer who just gives stock advice.

Freedom of speech is long gone under this administration. The White House even had a snitch site at
    one point. ILMAO

Here's his statement. He's tired of the media calling the Tea Party racist and there's no back lash.
    The working class is hurting so you see both sides high fiving it on the 18 hole.

http://www.hankjr.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Williams,_Jr.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 10-04-2011 at 04:45 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    All this proves he was right about Hitler.
    No. As a World War II historian, and someone who has actually stood on Omaha Beach and been to the cemetery there. There is no earthly way Barack Obama is in anyway, shape, or form to be compared with a man that is responsible for over 53 million deaths worldwide.

To compare him thus is not only a slap in the face of Democracy, the American way, and an elected president, but it is an insult to those that fought against such tyranny.

I am not one of those people that runs and screams at the use of Hitler's name. I think it should never be forgotten, least people forget their history and repeat it. But I don't think you can use him to make a ridiculous analogy or defend a point of view because you don't like the current administration.

Read a book. Obama is no Hitler.

Blog Entries

I meant taking our freedoms away, not the millions Hitler killed and standing on Omaha Beach is a lot
    easier than fighting on it. I was drafted during the Vietnam War as a kid and trained to kill
    commies. The Army didn't send me
    over but I showed up. Reporting for my physical knowing that was the first step in getting killed
    was pretty freightning.

A lot of students called LBJ a lot worse than Hitler and they called us baby killers.

BTW, if you're a history student you should know that OBYs campaign slogan was the
    same as Hitlers: CHANGE
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 10-04-2011 at 07:43 AM.

Blog Entries

If it wasn't for his daddy he'd of been parking cars

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Get a dictionary. Look up the definition of irrelevant. Admire the picture of Hank Williams,Jr. Have a great day.