Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: nitpick with telecast last night

Michaels and Collinsworth did a fine job
    And as said, it's a primetime game and they look for background stories and talking points.
    Mangold was certainly one of these.
    It was a good production from NBC

I caught the last quarter of the Big Ben lovefest, otherwise known as the Texans game.
    Have never heard such bias, it was cringeful

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KidSampson View Post
    Yeah, that was ridiculous. I made sure to watch that game because I just knew that the Texans D Line was going to thrash the Steelers O Line and Ben. Good thing the Texans didn't give that game away like it looked (2 nullified return TDs).

I think Dierdorf is like that for every Steelers game though, so it was expected.
    Yeah, he's praising Ben for staying alive long enough to throw an INT, never mind the guy that made the play on the ball. Horrible, flat out horrible commentator now.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Yeah, he's praising Ben for staying alive long enough to throw an INT, never mind the guy that made the play on the ball. Horrible, flat out horrible commentator now.
    I think you may have missed his point.

Ben could have thrown that INT in a time of leather helmets without facemasks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLSmokey View Post
    I think you may have missed his point.

Ben could have thrown that INT in a time of leather helmets without facemasks.
    Yeah, I heard it between the slurps...

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Because, you know, usually QBs just cock their arm back and then leave it there, rather than preceding to move their arm forward. It was every bit as close as Michaels made it out to be. There was no indisputable evidence either way so it was the right call to uphold the call on the field, which just so happened to be that it was a fumble.

Also, "Snatchez"? Youre clever
    The first one was close. When Ngata hit Sanchez his arm was still going back. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    And as said, it's a primetime game and they look for background stories and talking points.

I caught the last quarter of the Big Ben lovefest, otherwise known as the Texans game.
    They sucked. No mention of the Ravens injuries. Purely biased. Collinsworth especially.

Some fans reckon the whole world is conspiring against their team

I guess I don't follow why anyone would care what any TV commentator has to say about the Ravens.

Games are won between the lines - not in a broadcast booth.

Much ado about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post

Agreed. I watched the entire Texans/Steelers game, and having to listen to Dierdorf fawn all over Roethlisberger was sickening. But it was good to see the Steelers lose and Ravens win!

:happyanim
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    slightly OT but did anyone watch the Houston / Pitt game and hear Dierdorf slobbering all over Ben for the entire broadcast? "You just have to marvel". "That's gonna be an ow - ie" He literally said owie...
    :word

I'm used to Dierdork but this was an inordinate display of love for "Big Ben".

At one point Ben scrambled out of the pocket and threw downfield to Ward in traffic on 3rd and 10. The ball hits Ward in the chest and he gets leveled by a Texan. Dierdork starts to say "Wow... that was just a marvelous play by...". I was sure he was going to name the Houston DB, secondary, or Defense. Nope. "...by Ben Roethlisberger"

Oh yeah? A great play is getting your WR decked on 3rd and 10?

11. Re: nitpick with telecast last night

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Boh View Post
    What did he say?
    Seconded. Anybody? I can't imagine what might've happened that could have been even close to on-topic to discuss tax politics, unless they were yammering about Ngata's big contract.

Yeah, I actually enjoyed the broadcasting. Collinsworth and Michaels are perhaps the best duo in the business. I didn't think the broadcasting was all that biased. I was watching the game with friends and made the same comments to them that Collinsworth or Michaels made, but before they said them:

"Oh shit, that could be roughing the kicker... wait, why wasn't that called?"

"That's really close to an incompletion, but they could call 'empty hand.'"

Jets' fans saying that having Mangold back gives them at least 17 more points is a reach. You still have Sanchez back there, you still have our D confusing and terrorizing him. And like someone else said, football is a game of injuries. If you want to have a bunch of rickety old guys and crappy back-ups, that is your problem and you must deal with it.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh