Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe's Accuracy

Re: Joe's Accuracy

Joe is a liitle off this year but he is trying to get on the same page with his new Wr's. He just needs to get his timing right with them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BMore4Life79 View Post
    You are going to be flammed to death for posting this thread on this board. People will defend Flacco to the bitter end just becuase he wears a Ravens jersey and they can't see past that.

But if you go on the Green Bay or New Orleans or New Englad or San Dieago boards, I bet you never see these type of threads. In Baltimore, it's basically all we talk about anymore. If so many people are upset about Flacco, on radio and on-line, maybe that should be a big wake call that we have a serious problem under center.

Even if we are just amatuer, non-football people, 250,000 complainers against #5 each week can't be wrong.
    Wow. Do you read other teams message boards?

Let me explain something to you. The grass is not always greener on the other side. There are fans from every team that call into radio shows to complain about their QB. Flacco and Ravens fans are not exclusive in that.

Read the Falcons message board. They won this week,so there will be lots of praise but check back when they lose again. You'll see 10-15 threads questioning if Matt Ryan is the guy.

Check out the Eagles message board or listen to a Philly sports talk show. Mike Vick is one of the most polarizing topics that there is.

Week 2, I was in a bar watching the Titans game talking to two Steelers fans and the two of them started arguing about whether the Steelers offensive line is really as bad as it seems or does Ben make them look worse because of his playing style and how long he holds the ball.

Some Colts fans complain about how Peyton Manning chokes in the playoffs almost every year.

When Aaron Rodgers and the Packers were swept by Favre and the Vikings, some Packers fans were clamoring about they should have never let Favre go.

My point is just because SOME fans bitch and complain about a player does not mean the front office should "take notice" and get rid of that player. If the front office got rid of players based on fan response, the QB position would become extinct.

Thumbs down Re: Joe's Accuracy

Wow! 250,000 Ravens fans want Joe's scalp for missing low % passes, so we should panic?

I would say that's about 250,000 fans who do not understand basic premises of the NFL passing game. Ever look up the stats of the NFL's greatest QB of all time, Johnny Unitas? Or Darryl Lamonica, Ken Stabler, even the young Bert Jones? All these guys threw intermediate to long.

Long bombs are low percentage passes. They look great when they connect, such as the three TDs against the Rams, but it's a roll of the dice, especially against a quality pass defense like the Jets'. Rookie WRs are just rookies, and the front office axed two sure-handed receivers (Heap & Mason) in favor of unproven replacements.

Flacco is our future. He will be here a decade. Get over it.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

4. Re: Joe's Accuracy

I think Joe is a pretty accurate QB. Nice deep ball. I can see the concern when he is only completing 50% of his passes. I think you can throw play calling, route running, new recievers, drop balls in the mix for why his completion percentage is not up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They're trying to open up the offense and there are going to be some growing pains. Obviously it's not what we want to see but if they can keep winning while they work out the kinks in the passing game the Ravens will be a better team down the stretch because of it.

:word

And I would add that Rex Ryan has made better QBs than flacco look just as bad as joe did. And for the titans game, turns out they have a very good defense. Through 4 games the titans are #1 in ppg allowed at 14ppg. Ravens are #2 at 14.2ppg.

6. Re: Joe's Accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    :word

And I would add that Rex Ryan has made better QBs than flacco look just as bad as joe did. And for the titans game, turns out they have a very good defense. Through 4 games the titans are #1 in ppg allowed at 14ppg. Ravens are #2 at 14.2ppg.
    Very true. But the time is going to come where Flacco has make plays in 4th qt and in crunch time situations against these elite defenses to win games for us. He can do it, he already did it a couple times. but he has to be more consistent. Honestly that wont happen until cam leaves :(

Quote Originally Posted by BMore4Life79 View Post
    Even if we are just amatuer, non-football people, 250,000 complainers against #5 each week can't be wrong.
    Wow. That's false on so many levels it's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Been 4 games. < 50% passing.
    Rivers and Roethlisberger both have thrown more INTs than TDs. They suck. Awesome quarterbacks like Drew Brees have never had four game stretches early in their careers where they had QB ratings under 80.

Oh, waitaminute...

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

8. Re: Joe's Accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Wow. That's false on so many levels it's amazing.

Rivers and Roethlisberger both have thrown more INTs than TDs. They suck. Awesome quarterbacks like Drew Brees have never had four game stretches early in their careers where they had QB ratings under 80.

Oh, waitaminute...

- C -
    It really depends on the system and team you are in. Rivers is a great QB, so is ben(2 rings). Lets be honest, some qb's are ask to do a lil more than others. Joe was a starting qb since his rookie yr. thats not fair to him when other guys like rodgers or brady had time to sit and learn.

It's certainly not all doom and gloom or anything, but don't act like it's not a bad sign that it's been a quarter of the season and he's completing less than 50% of his passes.

Joe is a great Quarterback. He will lead us to multiple Super Bowls. Ravens put up 34 points and folks are still finding fault. Geez.

Blog Entries

Joe had almost 50 pass attempts against the rams and 25 in the first half alone against the jets. Both games we had sizable leads early and I think cameron took the opportunity to try to establish some rythim and timing with the 3 rookie wr's and the young te's. Little bit of a gamble, but we won both games and def got to see the youngins get alot of snaps. It will payoff going down the stretch. Cam is kind of making a habit of coming out early season and airing it out alot. He will tighten it up in a few weeks I am sure.

Joe is not elite now and may never reach that level. But he is good enough right now to be part of an SB team, and he will get even better. We are very close to being an SB team: the O needs only a couple young stud linemen and the D only another top ILB. One good draft -- and Joe F -- and we could be a dynasty. Joe will frustrate us at times, but when we calm down and take the long view, I think we have a lot to be optimistic about. ("about which to be optimistic" for you English teachers)