Thread: My take.

My take.

Well, 3 things can happen when you throw the ball.... 2 are bad. In the Ravens case, 4 things can happen and 3 are bad. I hope the coaches learned last night that we don't need to play like it's a video game. Hopefully they learned that when you can run 10 straight times on the JETS and average 5-6 yds a carry, you have a strong running game.

Anyhow. The Raven O looked dominating for the first 15 minutes. It was great to see the D back as a turnover and scoring machine.

The bright spots.

1. Ricky Williams adds a powerful dimension to the running game. HOLD ON TO THE BALL Ricky!

2. Torrey Smith looks to be the real deal. He had Revis beat, and that was after he was held 3 different times on the route.

3. L Williams made a nice catch in traffic. I don't love him as a return man though... but it's early. It's not the fumble. He just seems to get a slow start. It would be nice to see him running when he catches the ball. I know that's tough when you are at the back of the end zone. HOLD ON TO THE BALL LaQuan!

4. Danny Gorrer is the first CB in a Ravens uniform to make Santonio Holmes his biatch.

5 Chykie Brown is FAST! Good job getting downfield on Punts and he almost ran down the Kick Returner.

Re: My take.

1. Ricky is indeed a great pickup. If he stops fumbling.

2. As far as i'm concerned if you can beat Revis deep then there isn't a CB in the league that can stop you all game. If Flacco was sharp tonight Smith may have had two TDs.

3. Better WR than he is returner. Once he stops thinking so much he should be better.

4. Played well on the very few plays Sanchez could breath back there.

5. Yea he's fast.

Also are we going to set franchise records everytime we win this year?
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    2. As far as i'm concerned if you can beat Revis deep then there isn't a CB in the league that can stop you all game. If Flacco was sharp tonight Smith may have had two TDs.
    Yup. I'm starting to think about that throw a bit more... It may not have been overthrown as much as it looked at first. Smith was held 3 times by Revis on that play. Twice after the ball was in the air. Had Smith been able to run, the ball might have been perfect. Same with the throw to Dickson in the back corner of the end zone. Dickson also dropped a perfect throw late in the game.

People are crushing Joe this morning. He played a great 1st Qtr. I don't think you just start sucking... I think the Jets D adjusted... and Cam didn't. The coaches just keep calling whatever they want, they don't seem to adjust to the game and what they need and what the other team is giving them. Joe started making mistakes when he was running for his life. Ray Rice stopped on his route... That was just a misunderstanding between the two. It was frustrating, but a win is a win. Lets hope they straighten it out in the next two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Yup. I'm starting to think about that throw a bit more... It may not have been overthrown as much as it looked at first. Smith was held 3 times by Revis on that play. Twice after the ball was in the air. Had Smith been able to run, the ball might have been perfect. Same with the throw to Dickson in the back corner of the end zone. Dickson also dropped a perfect throw late in the game.

People are crushing Joe this morning. He played a great 1st Qtr. I don't think you just start sucking... I think the Jets D adjusted... and Cam didn't. The coaches just keep calling whatever they want, they don't seem to adjust to the game and what they need and what the other team is giving them. Joe started making mistakes when he was running for his life. Ray Rice stopped on his route... That was just a misunderstanding between the two. It was frustrating, but a win is a win. Lets hope they straighten it out in the next two weeks.
    I love Joe as our QB, but after the first quarter, where he was a huge reason for the lead we had, he was not good.
    But these games have a life of there own. It's great to throw the ball 30+ times a game, but when you have a 20 point lead, a huge o-line, the best FB, an all-pro RB, and are playing against the best secondary in the entire league you should NOT be throwing the ball. At that point with the way our D was playing the game was won.

I loved the Leach signing and so far he has been awesome, but you brought him in for a reason. Last year we couldn't put a game away because we couldn't run well, but now that we can run we just didn't even try it.

Personally I'm so happy after this win. We are crushing good teams and yet we still have so much room for improvement.
    This early in the season you just have to get as many wins as possible. We know we can win in the playoffs. We know we can win at home.
    And if we keep collecting wins while improving then we will find ourselves with some home playoff games.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Personally I'm so happy after this win. We are crushing good teams and yet we still have so much room for improvement.
    :word

We have just demolished the two teams that were in the AFC championship last year.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    :word

We have just demolished the two teams that were in the AFC championship last year.
    Yep.

And Grubbs, Evans, Smith, Carr, Reed should all come back soon.

7. Re: My take.

1 - Am I the only one who would rather see some Anthony Allen action if he sees Ricky fumble one more freaking time especially when we're just playing keepaway and not fighting for important yardage or anything?

2 - I am really, really excited about these fast, young WRs. I think their need to develop in-game rapport with Flacco is the best defense for Cam's over-passing.

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoriteboxer View Post
    2 - I am really, really excited about these fast, young WRs. I think their need to develop in-game rapport with Flacco is the best defense for Cam's over-passing.
    You know....? That is the ONLY silver lining I take away from the pass happy O. If they are simply treating games like practice, after they are up by a lot. I'm fine with it.

I'm wondering if this is Joe audibleing into passes and calling some of his own plays? Give him and inch and takes a mile... LOL.

Blog Entries

I don't think that it was Cameron's over-passing. I think that it was Flacco's over-passing. We must remember that Flacco now has more freedom to make decisions at the line of scrimmage and it seemed to me that he was checking out of some called runs, in favor of some pass plays. There was one play in the first quarter where I could see Vontae Leach trying to tell Flacco to let them run the ball more.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore