Automatic Review on Scoring Plays

I really hate this new rule. It completely takes away from the excitement of the moment. Not to mention the first half last night completely dragged on because they reviewed the Ravens defensive scores (plus J Johnson's in the 2nd half). I say get rid of the rule next year and just leave it up to the coach to throw a red flag if he wants to.

Thoughts?

I'm ok with it.

The three TD's they reviewed were pretty close (which is what sparked all three reviews) and I rather they get them right then possibly screw them up.

Re: Automatic Review on Scoring Plays

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRock View Post
    I really hate this new rule. It completely takes away from the excitement of the moment. Not to mention the first half last night completely dragged on because they reviewed the Ravens defensive scores (plus J Johnson's in the 2nd half). I say get rid of the rule next year and just leave it up to the coach to throw a red flag if he wants to.

Thoughts?
    I'm a big fan of it. Yeah, it takes some of the excitement out, but in the long run, I'd rather we get rid of scoring controversies. You can't eliminate all of them, but this goes a good way towards helping.

Blog Entries

I just wish they would let the booth official do the review like college instead of trotting the field official over to a booth. Takes more time and is more open to a mistake.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I like the rule a lot. Scoring plays are so pivotal, and I don't think the coaches should have to use one of their challenges for them. I think they could make it faster, but it's the first year.

How many of you expected Mike Carey, of all people, to confirm the fumble ruling on JJ's touchdown? He even baited the crowd by starting his ruling with "arm going forward". I think the view from the end zone, which we only saw once, is what showed that Sanchez lost control before starting the throwing motion.

I think the rule is good. I also think the NFL may more toward a system similar to the one used by the NCAA.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    how many of you expected mike carey, of all people, to confirm the fumble ruling on jj's touchdown? He even baited the crowd by starting his ruling with "arm going forward". I think the view from the end zone, which we only saw once, is what showed that sanchez lost control before starting the throwing motion.

I think the rule is good. I also think the nfl may more toward a system similar to the one used by the ncaa.
    no doubt!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Like most of instant replay its terrible. Too often refs use it as a crutch to pay minimal attention. The Ray Rice TD and the touchback were two of the most obvious plays you can have in a game. Why waste 10 mins reviewing?