Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries

Re: Does anyone else think we'll be 6-1 going into the 2nd Steelers game?

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Without AJ, the Texans passing game went anemic against the Steelers.
    That was by design. They had no problem moving the ball on the ground and had a 10 point lead. It's not like Schaub had a ton of incomplete passes. He only threw the ball 21 times and they ran it 32 times.

It seemed to me that they were moving the ball much better before AJ went down. Remember, they lost that 10 point lead, partially from an inability to sustain any offense.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    It seemed to me that they were moving the ball much better before AJ went down. Remember, they lost that 10 point lead, partially from an inability to sustain any offense.
    I thought the main reason they lost the ten point lead was because of a needless block in the back to end the first half (costing them 7) and the Steelers scoring on the opening drive of the second half.

Still, missing Johnson certainly cannot improve their offense, especially if other teams focus on stopping Foster.

After the Titans game most of you guys thought the Ravens would be 1-3 going into the bye week. Now you think the Ravens will be 6-1 going into the week 9 game against the Steelers? That must be one interesting rollercoaster you guys are on.

I'm still sticking with my prediction from earlier this off-season:

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    Steelers - W
    @ Titans - W
    @ Rams - W
    Jets - L
    bye
    Texans - W
    @ Jaguars - W
    Cardinals (game vs Todd Heap's new team) - W
    @ Steelers - L (I always predict the Ravens spilt with the Steelers)
    @ Seahawks - W
    Bengals - W
    49ers - W
    @ Browns - L (I always predict a split with the Browns also)
    Colts - L (only because I think I may have too many W's on this list already)
    @ Chargers - W (many say the Steelers have our number, I think the Ravens have their number)
    Browns - W
    @ Bengals - W (too much turn over to say that they will split this year)

That is 12-4, which may be too homerific, but I like the chances based on the teams the Ravens play this year. This is also based on the Ravens not getting bit by the injury bug. I also think that the Ravens will win the AFC North and be the only team from the AFC North to make the playoffs, AFC South and East providing the wildcard teams.

I know it was just supposed to be one prediction, but I couldn't help myself.
    I thought the Ravens would beat the Titans and lose to the Jets, but I was right about 3-1 going into the bye and I am sticking with the wins against the Texans, @Jaguars, and Cardinals. I may change the loss @Steelers unless they show signs of life before week 9.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

In order to predict 6-1 on November 7th, we need to take a look at the matchups so far and the ones that haven't take place yet.

Steelers (W) - we are a lot better than them overall, and if you don't believe that they are aging, listen to a clip of Mike Tomlin reading off the injury report from Sunday. Good stuff, and very telling.

Titans (L) - ex-factor team we didn't know anything about.. new coach, new veteran QB who can obviously still play given the right supporting cast. I also believe in the "Steelers hangover". We spent the entire off season trying to build a team that matched up with them. So after the big emotional win on opening day, a letdown against a virtual unknown was not suprising. And Tennesee is 3-1 too, so it's not like we lost to the Browns or something.

Rams (W) - Kill the bad teams like you are supposed to (we did)

Jets (W) - yeah our offense was ugly, but part of it was trying to throw the ball all night against a stingy pass defense. Dumb game plan, but luckily our D was so amped up to try and kill Sanchez, the scoreboard made it look like a blowout either way.

Texans (predicted W) - AJ is a game changer and from the looks of it will miss a couple weeks. Who does Houston have to throw to now beside a good TE? Jacoby Jones? Please.. We will beat the Texicans by 10+ coming off a bye week and with a home game to boot.

Jacksonville (predicted W) - Jax has scored 39 points total in 4 games and their defense is soft. I can honestly see us going into Jax and pitching a shutout or close to it. I'm looking forward to attending that one.. I'd be shocked if they sniff the end zone that night.

Arizona (predicted W) - Outside of Fitz, they have nothing.. No worries on this one, although some may say "trap game" a week prior to the second showdown with the mullets.

That brings us to Pittsburgh on Nov 7th. My take? Yes, we will be 6-1, and the Steelers will be at least 2 games down in the loss column and will treat this like their Super Bowl. A win for us gives us the season sweep and breaks the most important tie-breaker should we finish with the same record.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I just can't see how they don't go 5-1 in the division. With the way the Steelers' OL is we'd have to play a pretty shitty game to not beat them in November.

I think we could absolutely sweep the division.
    If there's one thing I've learned about the NFL, it's that division games are an absolute toss-up, regardless of how good or bad either team is.

7. Re: Does anyone else think we'll be 6-1 going into the 2nd Steelers game?

Quote Originally Posted by mfdoom42 View Post
    If there's one thing I've learned about the NFL, it's that division games are an absolute toss-up, regardless of how good or bad either team is.
    YES! Especially Cincy. Their defense always gives our off probs. But i still say we go undefeated for the rest of the yr. Realisticly maybe 12-4 or 13-3

RavenTerp Guest

Here is my take on the rest of the season:
    3-1 at the bye
    Texans - W (Without AJ, we win this by 14+ at home)
    @ Jaguars - W (should be a good amount of Ravens fans at the game to make this like Carolina last year)
    Cardinals - W (West coast team traveling east for a 1pm game is never good. Plus the Cards are not a great team to begin with.)
    @ Steelers - L (I think we may have a clunker somewhere and this may be it. We could win by 14+ or it could be very close...i expect the latter)
    @ Seahawks - W (Traveling out west could be a problem and Seattle is tough to play. Could lose 2 in a row here, but i see the Ravens bouncing back and winnng a close game)
    Bengals - W (Andy Dalton at M&T is not going to be good for the Orange and Black. Big win for the Ravens)
    49ers - W (Another West Coast team coming east on a short week...will be close early on then our D breaks them!)
    @ Browns - L (Browns seem to play us tough in Cleveland, see this as a trap game)
    Colts - W (By this point in the season the hapless Colts will have packed it in and we win easily)
    @ Chargers - L (Traveling out west to take on a quality team is not a good recipe. Think we lose a close one here)
    Browns - W (revenge from 3 weeks ago)
    @ Bengals - W (lock up a 12-4 record, the division and possibly home field)

So i have us going 12-4 and think it will be easier to improve to 13-3 than it will be to drop a game and finish 11-5. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTerp View Post
    Here is my take on the rest of the season:
    3-1 at the bye
    Texans - W (Without AJ, we win this by 14+ at home)
    @ Jaguars - W (should be a good amount of Ravens fans at the game to make this like Carolina last year)
    Cardinals - W (West coast team traveling east for a 1pm game is never good. Plus the Cards are not a great team to begin with.)
    @ Steelers - L (I think we may have a clunker somewhere and this may be it. We could win by 14+ or it could be very close...i expect the latter)
    @ Seahawks - W (Traveling out west could be a problem and Seattle is tough to play. Could lose 2 in a row here, but i see the Ravens bouncing back and winnng a close game)
    Bengals - W (Andy Dalton at M&T is not going to be good for the Orange and Black. Big win for the Ravens)
    49ers - W (Another West Coast team coming east on a short week...will be close early on then our D breaks them!)
    @ Browns - L (Browns seem to play us tough in Cleveland, see this as a trap game)
    Colts - W (By this point in the season the hapless Colts will have packed it in and we win easily)
    @ Chargers - L (Traveling out west to take on a quality team is not a good recipe. Think we lose a close one here)
    Browns - W (revenge from 3 weeks ago)
    @ Bengals - W (lock up a 12-4 record, the division and possibly home field)

So i have us going 12-4 and think it will be easier to improve to 13-3 than it will be to drop a game and finish 11-5. What do you guys think?
    It is hard to pick out losses on this schedule. The only game I do not expect the Ravens to be favored is at SD. The steelers and browns could win, but from what I have seen of them, I doubt it.

I will stick with 15-1 until I see them lose (12-4 or 13-3 was my preseason prediction). I do not see GB, NE, NO or any really elite teams on the schedule. We could have another Titans type suprise on the road like SD, but we seem to own them like the Jets recently.

:T2:

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought it was a riff on the "Does anyone think we'll be 1-3 going into the bye" thread of a couple weeks ago.

Funny how the worm turns.

My answer's the same, though: Maybe. Probably not. It looks like it'll be a good season.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.