Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Worst game I have ever seen the Ravens win?

The game against Cincy to close out the 2010 season was far, far uglier. That game gave the appearance that neither team was too interested in wining. At least last night, you could get a superb sense of passion and nastiness from our defense. It wasn't a pretty game, but I still considered it entertaining.

I agree with this thread in the fact that I felt worse after the game then I did going into it.

What I wanted to see was some offensive consistency from game-to-game, Joe to separate himself from Sanchez, and a return to the run game to own the game. We got none of it and I left disappointed. My biggest concern as that we have no idea what Offense is going to show up week to week. Some might point to injuries but that only tells a small fraction of the story. We still should have run the ball. I don't know if it was Flacco getting pass-happy after last week but he didn't fair to well if he was in-fact checking off. This is the season that Flacco needs to show week-by-week consistency... yes, he is entitled to a bad game, but this is the SECOND bad game in FOUR weeks. Just saying... that's not 'Elite'... that's Tony Romo.

I hope I am wrong going forward but we need consistency from this Offense. Hopefully the bye will put them in gear.

I definitely understand what this thread is about... a win is a win, but I feel much worse after the game than I felt going into it.
    Rise and rise again until lambs become lions.

The year we won the Superbowl, The Ravens beat the Jaguars 15-10. It was all field goals and I think the Ravens had less than 200 yards total offense. That always stood out to me as the worst win ever.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzin_ravin View Post
    a win is a win, but I feel much worse after the game than I felt going into it.
    So what you're telling me is.....if Flacco throws for 240 and two 2 TDs and we narrowly win 24-21.....you're happier? Even if that means that our defense doesn't dominate the way it does.

I don't get this mentality at all. We just took the New York Jets, two time defending AFC runners up, behind the woodshed and clubbed their entire offense over the head in a game that really was never close, and you leave feeling worse than before the game started?

Not even close to the worse! All those game mentioned above, plus many more games that were punt-fests with defensive TDs.

Unless one has to have lots of fancy offense to enjoy the game, I judged last night's game to be one of the better Ravens wins. Knocking off a playoff competitor with three defensive TDs was thrilling.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

There is no such thing as an ugly win.

7. Re: Worst game I have ever seen the Ravens win?

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    The year we won the Superbowl, The Ravens beat the Jaguars 15-10. It was all field goals and I think the Ravens had less than 200 yards total offense. That always stood out to me as the worst win ever.
    That reminds me, that time we beat the Titans in the '00 playoffs was about the ugliest win imaginable, and also the most important game in our franchise's history.

[Bonus: And I have since watched the entire game more than once, but on that particular Sunday in 2001, I was a 13-year-old who was forced to miss the game because his mom made him go to confirmation practice at church. No wonder I lost my faith... (In fairness I did attend the Broncos playoff win and got to watch the entire Raiders game and Super Bowl)]

Obviously a bandwagon fan who has only been paying attention for maybe 3 years.

How can a game where the defense was utterly dominant and scored three touchdowns on their own even be remotely considered the worst win we've ever had?

It was an ugly win, but damn it was fun. The offense was terrible, yes. Flacco had an awful game statistically. Sanchez and the Jets had it worse. The Jets D did a decent job at throwing confusing schemes at Joe. Joe tres to respond by making plays where they were available. Sometimes it worked, most if the time it didn't.

The Ravens decimated the Jets. Pagano's defense was better than Ryan's and I love seeing that.

Flacco will be just fine. He is a competent/good QB who turned in an awful game. The Ravens are 3-1 heading into the bye. That is a great place to be. Outside of the turd they left on the field in Tennessee, they have played fantastic football. Sometimes it is the offense that stands out and sometimes it is the defense. When the two units both play at their best, look out NFL.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

An ugly win is a beautiful thing. Especially against Rex or Pig Pen the rapist.

This game was great. "Ugly"? Nahhh.

The Jets defense came to play. No, Flacco didn't have the best game of his career, but the Jets defense is built to stop the Pats' passing attack - as we are built to beat the Steelers - and on top of Flacco's off day you have a Jets team with good corners and a solid pass rush.

This didn't rank in the top 10 of Ravens Ugly Wins.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.