Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T. Smith ++

1. Re: T. Smith ++

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    You don't understand the concept of sarcasm, do you?

I mean I kind of showed that I was being sarcastic with the first comment when I mentioned that Dickson was held also in the 2nd comment.
    Come on Corey, you need to insert the ------> icon

Re: T. Smith ++

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I've pointed this out a couple of times, but it bears being said again - Torrey was held by Reivis on that first pass, three times on the route, twice while the ball was in the air. Otherwise, it would have been a TD. PI should have been called(and a few other times in the game as well).
    You are spot on Race. When will the Refs notice his Jersey pulls? He does it the whole game. Troy is faster and so he tugs his jersey two or three times to slow him down. Troy has to learn to knock his hands down and burn. The Refs need to look more closely and what Revis is doing.

Can't believe any Jet's fan would post here today. Are their boards that pathetic? :insane:

Revis is not that fast... He is a master at angles. He takes the correct angle and limits the WR's space.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MountaineerRaven View Post
    I've always questioned his "self implied...Revis island".... Everytime I watch an attempt against him, he gets two or three tugs to the jersey without any calls.....

I just wonder if his reputation precedes calls?!! Is his reputation predicated on actual coverage ability or his ability to hide his penalties?!
    Agree with this. There is this certain mystique about the guy, but in reality he is just an above average CB. He's good, but not great, and certainly not some kind of superhuman. If you watch him in action most of his coverage involves pushing, grabbing, etc. and well after the 5 yard mark. He is overrated....again good, but not great. He gets away with a lot of stuff for whatever reason. Kind of like Peyton will all of his pre-snap movements and gestures. That junk should really be penalized.

Quote Originally Posted by jefe96 View Post
    but in reality he is just an above average CB.

:grbac:

Kind of like Peyton will all of his pre-snap movements and gestures. That junk should really be penalized.
    I agree 100% about Peyton. Don't think we'll be worrying about that anymore though.

I think given some time, Flacco and Torrey Smith will get their timing down, and we as fans will see better results. I also think as the season goes on, we're going to see the offense click a little better, not necessarily like the Patriots or Packers, but I think we'll see things improve. It's been four games since the offense took a bit of a face lift; same offense different look. The Ravens have McKinney on the left tackle and Oher on the right, and now Gurode filling in at left guard. In addition, the offense is growing, and we're seeing new plays on the field, which will take time to get down better. I'm not making excuses, but sometimes it takes a little while to get things where they're supposed to be. And I think Torrey Smith is just one of the pieces to the puzzle which may take a while to fit in where he belongs.

Obviously you want the offense to click and we win every game 42-0. But that isn't football.......and that type of offense does not beat the Jets anyway.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Agree with this. There is this certain mystique about the guy, but in reality he is just an above average CB. He's good, but not great, and certainly not some kind of superhuman. If you watch him in action most of his coverage involves pushing, grabbing, etc. and well after the 5 yard mark. He is overrated....again good, but not great. He gets away with a lot of stuff for whatever reason. Kind of like Peyton will all of his pre-snap movements and gestures. That junk should really be penalized.
    Totally disagree with this.

Revis is the only one of two CB's that I have see that is a true shut down CB.

The other is Deion Sanders. He's not in Deion's class in terms of playmaking, but he is that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Totally disagree with this.

Revis is the only one of two CB's that I have see that is a true shut down CB.

The other is Deion Sanders. He's not in Deion's class in terms of playmaking, but he is that good.
    He is a shut down corner. I just hope his methods will soon be realized!

T Smith is going to be very important for this O. He has the speed to pull the safeties out of the box, and all he has to do is catch 1 out of every 4 or 5 deep passes -- just be a valid threat. If Lee Evans every plays again (?) they could run deep down each side, leaving the middle open for Q and the TEs. Now is we also had Reed at WR . . . WOW