Media Watchdog article

Just finished reading the Media Watchdog on 24x7 and I must say I really enjoy reading the column. I did not think I would enjoy it that much but it is growing on me. the only issue I have with today's article is the bashing of MASN for their Tejada promo. theu author should keep in mind that these promos are produced "before" the season so to compare Tejada to the Brewers shortstop "right now" is cheap shot that was not warranted. Besides that, I must take issue with good old sexpot Anita Marks. I dont mean that by the way....she is in no way a sexpot but I digress. Listen, I was born and raised in Baltimore and Witchiepoo's affinity for Miami is galling. that dose not fly in Baltimore. On top of that, you mix her up with a guy from the "U" who talks like he has marbles in his mouth isn't compelling radio....Gag, barf....Thoughts?

Re: Media Watchdog article

BB:

I agree on the Marks affinity for Miami thing...it got old a LONG time ago. I wonder why she ever left Miami in the first place. Maybe that Playboy spread didn't skyrocket her career like she maybe thought. She wouldn't know a lacrosse stick from a chopstick either.

As far as your comments on Tejada....I read the piece and didn't really think it was a cheapshot at MASN. If you tout a player as the "best" anything...it should be accurate if you ask me.

Would the Golf Channel run a promo touting Davis Love III as he best player on the PGA tour...I doubt it?

FM

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    BB:

Would the Golf Channel run a promo touting Davis Love III as he best player on the PGA tour...I doubt it?

FM

It seems to me it's more similar to if ESPN were to advertise Nadal as the best Tennis Player on Clay... He may nto be RIGHT NOW, but he was for the last couple of years...

That was my point. when they produced the promo before the season, I think Tejada was considered the best power hitting shortstop. And since the promo was made before the season, you can't very well compare what is happening right now to a promo made 8 months ago and make fun of masn for it...

If that promo was made 8 months ago and is still running after how Tejada is playing now then MASN is dumber that the article makes them out to be.

FM

The guy is in a slump, it's still MAY... maybe by mid June if his slide continues it will be worth scrapping, but as of right now, the average viewer looking to maybe see watch the games, wouldn't know the difference.

Even an avg. viewer watching the MASN broadcast and seeing Tejada's stats would scratch their heads if they saw that promo. Who would ever think a SS w/ 2 HRs and 18 RBIs is the best power hitting SS in the game. It's a joke.

He should be traded while he still has some value and before he gets hurt.

FM

Got to agree. MASN should pull promos that make themselves and the players look bad. When will they go HD?

anyone else notice how Marks takes a lot fewer calls compared to WBAL and WNST? And she never, ever talks about lacrosse. You might think this week she would...even a little bit...they only expect 60,000 there this weekend...but she would rather talk to Jimmy Patsos about his incoming class next fall. WEAK.

FM

I always thought a good show gets good calls. The daytime NST guys all regularly get relatively knowledgeable callers, which reflects well on them.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Well said festivus...I agree. I think maybe 1300 doesn't get as many calls and maybe also she just chooses not to take as many. I like hearing the fans chime in w/ their 2 cents as much as what the host has to say. It's just WAY too much national sports and off topic BS for me on the Anita Marks show.

FM