MOJO's Picks for Week 4 & the NFL Crying game

The crying game begins with FOX’ Mike Pereira, the former head honcho of NFL zebras. Apparently Pereira thinks another crybaby, Michael Vick should be fined for comments suggesting that game officials don’t give him the same protective respect that they extend to other quarterbacks.

“I think what [Vick] did was basically throw the 17 referees in the National Football League under the bus and put them in a very difficult position,” Pereira said. “A referee now based on what Mike said, as far as I’m concerned, is in a lose-lose situation. If he calls roughing the passer on a hit against Michael Vick, then everybody is going to say that they taunted him into the foul. If he doesn’t, then they more heap criticism on him based on what Mike said.

“To me, that’s a reason why the league should deal with comments made by players. But they traditionally don’t.”

Hey Mikey P, if your former comrades just call the game right, no one will care!

Mojo for the record disagrees with Vick. If a quarterback is on the run as often as Vick, he opens himself up to more hits. Maybe if you get rid of the ball a little sooner you might make it through a game without another sidelining boo-boo.

Oh and one more thing for the record – Vick is the most overrated player in the National Football League, BAR NONE!

Joining in on the crying game is Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie who claims that the league’s emphasis on safety for defenseless receivers makes it more dangerous for those defending said receivers.

Ok, so let me get this straight…Anquan Boldin goes over the middle focused on the ball and Cromo has a clear shot at him – that’s dangerous for the Jets corner?

C’mon man!

Cromartie claims that “I tried to change the way I hit him because I didn’t want to get a fine. At the last second, I put my shoulder in too much and went from there.” And the result was a Cromartie rib injury.

Look Cromo-man, Mojo gets that you have so many kids to feed that you don’t even know all their names and that those fines just might enough to jeopardize a round of Happy Meals for those little toddlers. But we’ve seen how accept an invitation to tackle – with all the willingness of a vampire to a sunny party on the beach.

One of Mojo’s favorite all-time players is Walter Payton. Now some dude named Jeff Pearlman who makes a living churning up dirt on people is trying to sour the taste of Sweetness. In a new biography on Payton, Pearlman claims among other things that the Bears Hall-of-Famer abused painkillers after retiring from the NFL, had extramarital affairs, and contemplated suicide.

Asked what he’d like to do to Pearlman, Payton’s former head coach Mike Ditka said, “I’d spit on him! I have no respect for him. “Pathetic. Despicable. It serves no purpose.”

Rumors that world renowned spitters Roberto Alomar, Bill Romanowski, Le’Ron McClain and Bill Cowher will join Ditka are unconfirmed as of this writing.

Now, to this week’s picks…
    LINK
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: MOJO's Picks for Week 4 & the NFL Crying game

I'm with Vick on this one. other players are concentrating on hitting and being hit, but qbs (and receivers) are looking elsewhere, which leaves them vulnerable.
    difference between a qb in the pocket, and a qb running, who is a legit target.

and we've seen how the zebras look out for qbs like Peyton and Brady. the real problem, I guess, is lack of consistency. does anyone doubt that a hit on Brady is more likely to get flagged than a hit on Vick?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Re: MOJO's Picks for Week 4 & the NFL Crying game

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    I'm with Vick on this one. other players are concentrating on hitting and being hit, but qbs (and receivers) are looking elsewhere, which leaves them vulnerable.
    difference between a qb in the pocket, and a qb running, who is a legit target.

and we've seen how the zebras look out for qbs like Peyton and Brady. the real problem, I guess, is lack of consistency. does anyone doubt that a hit on Brady is more likely to get flagged than a hit on Vick?
    I agree 100% BUT if he really is on the ground after every pass play they need to do something about that OL.