Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Aaron Curry coming to the Ravens?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of Curry. On one hand it bugs me that under multiple coordinators he's not improved. On the other hand Carroll doesn't seem to want anyone from another regime on his team. I'd at least consider it.
    Maybe the multiple coordinators is why he hasn't improved.

Some new guy comes in and just tries to implement a new strategy and forgets about molding the players, new coordinators typically mean new position coaches.

Not saying that's why just a possibility..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    Aaron Wilson was asked yesterday by another tweeter if the Ravens were interested and his simple answer was: 'Nope'.

So, take that for what it's worth.

I think Carolina may well pick him up - Curry wants to play there and they lost Beason already this season (even if Beason's a ILB mostly). Detroit have been mentioned, though that may only be for past interest.
    Didn't he say the same thing about Evans?
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

The Igles are desperate - that would be my first guess.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Interesting idea, i wonder about his ability to shed blocks inside but he'd also be behind Cody and Ngata. He'd def be an upgrade in coverage and he has the speed to get sideline to sideline. For a late pick could be worth a shot, he'd have to restructure though, maybe that would allow them to extend him a couple years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of Curry. On one hand it bugs me that under multiple coordinators he's not improved. On the other hand Carroll doesn't seem to want anyone from another regime on his team. I'd at least consider it.
    I def agree with you.

However, this is also the same staff that traded their best corner for a bag of chips, let Corey Redding go in favor of Kentawn Balmer (whom they recently cut), and also let their defensive captain and arguably their best/most consistent linebacker (Lofa Tatupu) go.

Pete Carroll is turning the roster over and Aaron Curry is just his latest victim.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Assuming Curry actually is a good player in a wrong situation, I can't imagine Ozzie outbidding the Eagles for him. If he can play, he would help here, but the Eagles are desperate.

On a related note - why has no one picked up Lofa yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Maybe the Seahawks were smart in letting him go.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    He just can't run anymore. The Bears were very interested and put him though a ton of tests. They said that he could do everything perfect but was just too slow. I don't know if this was because of an injury or something else but it sure looks like he's done.

Growing up his father was a legend in my area. The Pats were terrible but Mosi Tatupu was that hustle guy that everyone rooted for. They even used Mosi's name as a joke on the Simpsons. I've always had a soft spot for Lofa because of his father.

Blog Entries

I think Lofa's issue is he put on a bunch of weight (went from around 230 to 250-255) and his injury.

I think he'll wind up somewhere next season when he can prove that he's 100% healthy.

Dropping about 10lbs would be good for him too.

Regarding Aaron Curry - I think that the Seahawks just didn't have a good scheme for him. As a 3-4 ILB he'd be pretty decent I think, but his best defense would be (IMO) the Cover-2/Tampa-2 like what Chicago runs.

I don't know that he'd be a good fit here in Baltimore. He just doesn't seem to have that tenacity and toughness.

Say what you want about Ellerbe and McClain, but they both display the toughness and tenacity that has been made famous in Baltimore.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

First-team All-ACC (2008)
    First-team All-American (2008)
    Butkus Award (2008)
    He's definitely worth consideration. With the right camaraderie and encouragement he could be an elite. Sounds promising.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    I haven't seen the numbers but how has the time at LB been split between Jameel and Ellerbe?
    2011 snaps at ILB:

McClain 84
    Ellerbe 50
    Ayanbadejo 61

I am intrigued that he's available, but I don't see Curry as a good gamble.

He can still play the run, but he's a liability in coverage and he's not an effective pass rusher. That makes him a 2-down LB, and I'm not convinced he'd outplay McClain in that role.

Let me expand on the pass rushing. He's only been asked to rush the passer 6 (!) times this season after 225 pass rush snaps in 2010. On those 225 snaps in 2010 he had 3 sacks and 5 QHs. That's not a mess of production.