Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Aaron Curry coming to the Ravens?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Knox -

I don't really know if it is a shitty move or not. Maybe he fits into the Raiders' scheme a bit better than the Seahawks.

To me it kind of seems like Pete Carroll is just continuing to do what all new HC's do and clean house to get "their" guys in there.
    I think he will. He looks more like a 3-4 ILB than a 4-3 guy to me. He is pretty huge and should be able to take on Gs and blow up FBs, but may not be able to be a rangy 4-3 side to side kind of guy.

:T2:

right player, right price, as Ozzie says.
    speculation is fun; reality sux.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I think he will. He looks more like a 3-4 ILB than a 4-3 guy to me. He is pretty huge and should be able to take on Gs and blow up FBs, but may not be able to be a rangy 4-3 side to side kind of guy.
    I don't think the Raiders are really operating out of a 3-4.

They run a 4-3, but I've noticed in the little I've watched them that they'll shift to a 2-4-5 nickel set on passing downs where Wimbley drops down as a DE.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I don't think Crabtree is a bust yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't think the Raiders are really operating out of a 3-4.

They run a 4-3, but I've noticed in the little I've watched them that they'll shift to a 2-4-5 nickel set on passing downs where Wimbley drops down as a DE.
    You may be right, I thought I heard they are running a 3-4, but if they are not, they probably should be. Thier best defensive players (Seymore, Wimbley and McClain) were 3-4 guys and I think Curry would make a much better 3-4 Jack than 4-3 Sam or Mike.

:T2:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I saw it as a conditional 7th in 2012 and a conditional mid rounder in 2013.
    I saw that too. Typical news going with the story before they get all the actual details. This morning Pete had to tell them that this deal wasn't even official yet despite the reports.