Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Suggs on the Jets and the rivalry

I love the idea of a Jets/Ravens rivalry. The Pitt/Baltimore rivalry is great because it's two blue collar towns slugging it out. The Jets/Ravens rivalry is small town vs big city, which is great in its own way.

David Harris is a beter linbacker than he is. He is more disciplined and more athletic. That being said, they have wayyyyyy different rolls on that team. Scott is still super effective against the run when they are in the base package and not facing Marshall Yanda. I also called out that Harris was gonna get a pick of Flacco before after the first series, and when he did I had 8 pairs of eyes on me like I grew a second head. Harris may well be the most under appreciated LB in the NFL. The cat does everything for that team and is very good at all of it. He reminds me of Ray, just not quite as good at everything as Ray used to be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    You can disagree all you want, but that's what he said and I like it..It is true that Ozzie built the team, but Rex did have something to do with their defensive mentality.
    I'm not disagreeing, but it wasn't all him. Try building that defense without Ray Lewis and get back to me.

Marvin Lewis and Mike Nolan both ran good defenses, BEFORE Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    The Ravens had a defense before Rex and have continued to have one after Rex.
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    another Suggs-ism when asked about Rex Ryan.. "He created us, now he has to deal with us" I love it
    I believe that was Jarrett Johnson.

5. Re: Suggs on the Jets and the rivalry

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    I believe that was Jarrett Johnson.
    I think they both said it ;)