Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Notes from May 22 OTA

"Good competition!" It's all HERE

Re: Notes from May 22 OTA

"Kyle looked clueless". Care to elaborate? Was he fumbling, bumbling clueless. Or can't read the defense and throw the ball 5 feet short clueless?
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Kyle historical has had problems with the 7 on 7 drill. Who could forget when he tripped over the garbage can a few years back.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

"Kyle looked clueless".
    F, you did leave out, "in 7 on 7 drills."

Anyway, he couldn't find his receivers, twice eating the ball, once tossing a pass end over end to Wilcox at the line of scrimmage while rolling towards the sidelines; he forced throws into a congested middle of the field; once had to throw it out of bounds (in part b/c his receivers weren't open but I'll add that he was the only QB to do that all day); and then he tucked and ran with it into the secondary nearly running into the unsuspecting secondary coach Mark Carrier (not sure what that was supposed to prove).

This is his fifth season in the system and if someone showed you film of what we saw today in 7 on 7's, you would think it was 2003 and he was still a rookie. It's not and he's not. And that's what I mean by clueless.

Sorry to ramble on with this but I was hoping for more. Like many of you, I hoped someday the light bulb would come on. It's obvious that he still needs to place a call to GE.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Sorry to ramble on with this but I was hoping for more. Like many of you, I hoped someday the light bulb would come on. It's obvious that he still needs to place a call to GE.
    Yet I'm sure a good bulk of this board will still insist he is "the future" and want to see him starting over McNair. :insane:

It's obvious Kyle is gone after this year. May he have a long and prosperous career as a backup for some other team.

if he can't complete a 7-on-7 in May, what's he going to do against the Patriots in January? I can see a year or two to get comfortable, and accounting for the poor pass protection, but I think he's about out of excuses now. I've really been hoping he'd do well, but maybe they were wrong on him.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Could you elaborate a little bit more on how Troy looked?

Thanks in advance.Keep it coming.

The stuff on DWilliams sounds good. So nice to have some decent young WRs for a change, can't wait to see him and Clayton in action.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6 View Post
    The stuff on DWilliams sounds good. So nice to have some decent young WRs for a change, can't wait to see him and Clayton in action.
    Smith+McGahee+Clayton+Williams+Heap=

My favorite part, a good omen for the shape of the changed defense:
    Jarret Johnson then took on Quinn Sypniewski and jammed the tight end at the line of scrimmage – a jam that Sypniewski failed to shake before the play was blown dead.
    :watching:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

If Kyle truly looked "Clueless" as described, I seriously doubt with the talent behind him that he would not be cut. Looking clueless is obviously an opinion, however, I doubt after all these years and his progression in this league(no negatives please) that he truly was "clueless". I hope for the Ravens sake that Kyle continues to grow and to become a truly reliable back up. I did not hear where Billick exploded on Boller when he was acting "Clueless", so I am going to take this opinion with a grain of salt and assume this opinion was slightly misguided. I hope the other competition at the QB position proves to live up to their potential.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    If Kyle truly looked "Clueless" as described, I seriously doubt with the talent behind him that he would not be cut. Looking clueless is obviously an opinion, however, I doubt after all these years and his progression in this league(no negatives please) that he truly was "clueless". I hope for the Ravens sake that Kyle continues to grow and to become a truly reliable back up. I did not hear where Billick exploded on Boller when he was acting "Clueless", so I am going to take this opinion with a grain of salt and assume this opinion was slightly misguided. I hope the other competition at the QB position proves to live up to their potential.

"Clueless in the 7 on 7 drills" is an opinion that isn't mine alone after watching today's practice. I just happened to bring it to you on this site and this forum. You don't have to agree. But then again, the only thing that would make you disagree since I assume you weren't there, is your devotion to the team and your hope that Boller will someday be the quarterback that the Ravens envisioned when they drafted him.

Good luck with that thinking. I hope you are right. But I don't think so.