Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Notes from May 22 OTA

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    "Clueless in the 7 on 7 drills" is an opinion that isn't mine alone after watching today's practice. I just happened to bring it to you on this site and this forum. You don't have to agree. But then again, the only thing that would make you disagree since I assume you weren't there, is your devotion to the team and your hope that Boller will someday be the quarterback that the Ravens envisioned when they drafted him.

Good luck with that thinking. I hope you are right. But I don't think so.
    Not my intention at all...I like Boller, but am a far cry from a "hugger". I have a legitimate concern though. Why was Billick not up his ass if he looked clueless? I have more of a concern about that. I was not there so I cant say one way or another but, why? I am only devoted to my team...not to any one player and I don't like hearing any "veteran player" looking clueless without hearing about any repercussions. There is competition behind him, cut him and move on with young talent. Hell, I am available if we have a player who is clueless. I am sure I can do just as well as clueless. So basically my concern comes not for Boller as much as it does for lack of desire to rid themselves of deadwood. I just wonder if the Clueless time was not misinterpreted. I HOPE!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Why was Billick not up his ass if he looked clueless?
    Keep in mind this is a non-mandatory organized team activity. It's one thing to reprimand a UDFA...another to reprimand a 5 year vet in front of a slew of UDFA's, rookies and free agents.

You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    My favorite part, a good omen for the shape of the changed defense:

:watching:
    Yes, very impressive - Quinn is a big dude.

Yeah I'll talk this with a grain of salt because, honestly, I know the bias of the city of baltimore, of this community, and this message board.

I think it was the 1st OTA I read about Steve McNair throwing balls all over the place, with balls dying and lame ducks. Then to read a pretty trite line about finishing up strong and how its all good. hmmmmm

Honestly, it wreaks to me. Very few people in this town are unaffected by the biasses, 24x7, Scout, the baltimore sun, all included. And I know I have my bias and opinions and won't make bones about it.

When i read some of the reports and articles the bias is hidden, sometimes it jumps out at me. I'll call this one of those times that it jumps out at me.

I think people watch these practices and often infer what they want from them.

So I'll take it all with a grain of salt until I get out to training camp myself to see whats crack-a-lacking.

And even then, we'll see, because last year when I saw McNair at camp I saw missed recievers and lame balls with no zip on more occasions that Kyle and then I came over to scout / 24x7 to read the daily camp reports which said McNair looked great and Kyle was bumbling. Perception and reality often are two very distinct and far apart concepts.

Ok, CBD. You urinate all over this thread, and on TL's powers of observation, and go check out a team activity for yourself. I look forward to your unbiased, sophisticated report when you get back.

Did you even *read* the article?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Ok, CBD. You urinate all over this thread, and on TL's powers of observation, and go check out a team activity for yourself. I look forward to your unbiased, sophisticated report when you get back.

Did you even *read* the article?

Please come down off your high horse here.

I read the full article, and respectfully take it with a grain of salt.

Stating that Boller looks clueless without a further elaboration isn't good journalism. Meanwhile, later that paragraph he admits the defense has good coverage of the recievers and nothing was open, so he ate the ball. Is that a bad thing? In game, wouldn't he either scramble to create a play or want to throw it away?

I'm giving you my honest opinion here. I went to camp for 1 week 1/2 last year and read reports from here and scout and talked to fans at camp, and I can say 2 people can see different things.

Ever lame duck and off target pass Steve threw usually slipped through the cracks; on the days Boller had good days there was nothing to report or a statement like the one above that "he was clueless" w/o explanation.

So no, I'm not shitting or pissing on anyone else's opinion, I'm saying I'll take it with a grain of salt. Theres a reason that expression exists.

To say he's clueless, I need a bit more explanation there.

And, like I said, I read a previous report by TL on the 1st day of minicamp where McNair was supposedly off but it was ok because he finished the last part of drills strong. OK. Sure. But again, I know that words are words and are written by humans. There is always a bias there.

What a surprise, CBD supporting Boller! In other news, the sun rose in the east this morning.

My first post on the thread had to do with Johnson jamming Sypniewski at the LOS. You even quoted it, but now you only want to talk about Boller. What did my quote have to do with this 'bias'?

Anyway TL explained the Boller quote early in the thread, and he has had kind words repeatedly about Boller's performances at other practices, unless I'm misremembering, because I'm not looking it up.

And it's my high horse, I don't have to get down if I don't want. :)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Festivus:

I wasn't responding to whatever quotation you put up. I was responding to the general thread, the article, and the questions about the assertions that Boller looked "clueless"

I'm saying I take it with a grain of salt because I dont expect this town, or its media, to give Boller a fair shake at this point. The Troy Smith era is already being heralded and the the guy hasn't played a preseason game, and training camp isn't even here

Tony explained more in this thread, but why not in the article? Those are the sort of things that show an individual bias. Ommision of information is probably the easiest way to spin things a certain way.

Yeah obviously I support Boller, but also I take media takes with a grain of salt. I pay more respect to what players and coaches say.

Some people arent like that. If Tony Lombardi or Mike Preston or Aaron Wilson has an opinion, it must be right!!!!

CBC, it seems that you are suggesting that if a media member has a negative thing to say about Kyle Boller, there is a hidden agenda. I can tell you that nearly everyone likes Kyle Boller and to continually write things that aren't positive about him really makes no one happy. It would be great to write positive things about a man who has a lot of character. The performance just hasn't been there.

I can only speak for myself but it would actually make me happy to eat the negative things I've written about Boller...for the light bulb to finally come on and stay on...for him to realize his physical potential. But after years of watching the same things in practice, the proof isn't there. I would bet in never will be there. And that's a bet I'd like to lose.

As a general rule, we approach the Ravens with eyes wide open and assemble what we see and hear and read and deliver what we hope is balanced journalism. We think we do but if you disagree, that's clearly an opinion you are entitled to.

I want to bring your attention to a piece that I wrote about Boller last month that I hope is evidence of such intent. The link is below.

BOLLER PAYS PRICE FOR RAVENS' QB ANXIETY

Didn't infer that you have an agenda.

I inferred that you have an opinion. That that the opinion is your opinion. But that's not going to stop me from having an opinion, and taking yours with a grain of salt.

When opinions are stated at near fact w/o much support, then i can take them with some skepticism.

I'm not saying you're anti boller or pro boller, and really, who cares. he's not the starter.

But reading the report from camp and read the "boller looked clueless" seemed like you saw what you wanted to see. It wasn't until this thread that you explained, and then in teh explaination, went into depth on the actually situation.

I'm at this site and enjoy it, TL. I also go ahead and enjoy the Sun, scout.com, NFL.com, etc

Doesn't mean that I have to agree with a statement that is at the very least 50% opinion.

I can have an opinion as a fan that differs. Difference of opinion.

Some people are going to read the media and take anything stated by a member of the media like TL, Preston, Aaron Wilson, etc as "fact". I'm not one of those guys.

Good example: on the scout.com site, someone said (a fan) that Boller has put on 15 lbs in the offseason. Other fans said no way, Aaron Wilson said he hadnt noticed a difference, and said no way, and the fan with the info was basically laughed at. Then a week later (a few days ago) in the sun Preston notes that Boller has put on weight and its noticeable in the chest and midsection. Who is correct there?

The point is, who knows. But just because Aaron Wilson says no, or Tony Lombardi says yes, doesn't mean I have to agree.

CBD, you are confusing 'infer' with 'imply', and in one breath you say you *don't* think TL has an agenda, then in the next you say you think he has an agenda because he drew a conclusion.

Well, now I've drawn a conclusion too. :)
    Festivus