Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 73
  1. #31

    Re: OT- Portis is an idiot...



    CrazyRaven, honestly, for you own sake, just back down off this stupid opinion.
    Stupid opinion? I think what Vick allegelly did was illegal. I've said it from the start. I've also said I dont like that people fight these dogs for sport. That aint cool. However I dont think its as serious as Drunk driving. Its a problem that the animal police are handling, and I have complete faith that they will stop dog fights whenever they happen.

    Personally, I'm not even sure how humane it is to even race them, I wish horse racing would die out.
    I like to go the races and place bets. I have no problems with that.

    If a pittbull is found to be an insane dog, just put it down, put it to sleep, thats the humane thing to do. You don't fight them against eachother unless you're a crazy cracked out thuggish POS like Vick or Portis.
    CLeric did you see that video I passed along? A father and son where walking home and two pitbulls come out of nowhere and attack. Dude I did a half hearted search and came up with major stories as to why pitbulls are the scum of the earth. Seriously Id rather have a pet lion.

    We should take a bunch of Vick's boys who are thug pieces of shit who are in jail and have them fight it out deathmatch style because, hey, they're bad people anyway. Perfectly acceptable.
    If its true, then yes...I agree.


    BTW, how old are you? You confuse me, because there are time I think you could be early to mid twenties and times where you say things that might come out of a 14 year old. This is just an honest question
    What does it matter. You already made up your mind about me so It doesnt matter how old you think I am.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray...
    _________________
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--




  2. #32

    Re: OT- Portis is an idiot...

    Crazy, 'pit bulls' needn't be fighting machines. You did some research, so did I. From this large on-line encyclopedia of dog breeds:
    Modified Boxer-like head with powerful jaws set off by small upright ears, he is 50 pounds of responsibility. If raised with children, he is loving and trustworthy and he should never be people-aggressive. He is not however, one that can ever be allowed off lead as he may confront another dog as is always considered the "bad guy" no matter who started it.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  3. #33

    Re: OT- Portis is an idiot...

    Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    Vick supposedly once said "I have two weapons--my arm, my legs, and my brains."
    Not only did Portis once play for the Steelers, he left to play for Snyder & the skins. how smart can he be?
    one thing what irritates me; Ray Lewis has been clean as a whistle since that one incident; Jamal Lewis (now departed) paid his debt and went straight...and some folks still think the Ravens are an outlaw bunch. They are far and away the cleanest group at least in this division.
    He played for the steelers? Huh? When? Where? Wow, did I fall to sleep for 20 years?
    Rip Van Winkle




  4. #34

    Re: OT- Portis is an idiot...

    Festivus, with all due respect the website you are referring is called the "thedogplace.com" they wouldn't say a bad thing about a killer dog. and quite honestly I wouldn't raise a child anywhere near those things, click on that second link i provided and see how "loving and trustworthy " that two year old is feeling about pit bulls.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray...
    _________________
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--




  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perry Hall
    Posts
    2,888

    Re: OT- Portis is an idiot...

    Crazyraven - again, you have no experience of your own with pitbulls, so you base your opinion on sensational news stories you hear and the breed's bad reputation. I see you can use Google. Can you also use Wikipedia? Here's a few snippets:

    APBTs can be very sweet, curious, intelligent, and clownish. They are noted for their outgoing, affectionate, eager-to-please disposition and their fondness for people; they love attention and relish the company of humans. When raised with a firm but fair hand an APBT can make a wonderful family pet, however, APBTs can also be stubborn and prone to display aggression towards other dogs.
    Despite the stereotype, the average, sound-minded pit bull is not a threat where children are concerned. Though the AKC and UKC recommend that no child be left alone with any dog, the APBT, like many of its relatives, is a breed more likely not to know its own strength and knock a toddler down totally by accident rather than by force. Pit bulls were bred to have a high tolerance for pain and thus will put up with a child's tail yanking, horseplay, and tumbling with little complaint and no snapping. Though if the animal has reached a mature age it is not advisable to have a child left unattended. It is also a breed that is very strong for its size and weight, so adults and older children are better recommended to take the dog on its leash.
    APBT and APBT-looking dogs are often associated with the urban and hip hop culture, and many young, predominantly male, people purchase them on the grounds of wanting a 'tough dog' sadly, dogs of any breed acquired for such purposes often end up maltrained, misused and in poor health.

    This breed is also often the most common target of dog abuse in urban areas. Outside of dog fighting and guarding property, the APBTs have been found beaten, starved, burned, mutilated, and mistreated to make them particularly aggressive. After the owner no longer has any use for the dog, the dog is left for dead, turned loose to die, or finds its way into animal control services, where it will most likely have to be destroyed.
    Yes, I have pet pitbulls owned by caring and responsible owners before, and every time was greeted by a happy, tail-wagging dog. If you don't like the dogs, that's fine, you don't have to be around them. But secretly advocating fighting the dogs because you consider them "the scum of the earth" is cruel and reprehensible. I think people like Vick and Portis are the scum of the earth, personally.




  6. #36

    Re: OT- Portis is an idiot...

    But secretly advocating fighting the dogs because you consider them "the scum of the earth" is cruel and reprehensible. I think people like Vick and Portis are the scum of the earth, personally.
    See, why are you putting words in my mouth? WTF? I've said a million times that this is bad. And Just because I dont want to be an advocate on dog fighting, like You, doesnt mean you have to make me one too. Why cant you just leave it at that? Sorry and excuse me if I dont give a crap about killer dogs and their plight. Sorry if I have other concerns.

    Edit:BTW Wikipedia is the worst source for information-- Totally non credible
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray...
    _________________
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--




  7. #37

    Re: OT- Portis is an idiot...

    CrazyRaven, you've basically inferred from everything you said here that you agree with Portis at least when it comes to Pittbulls fighting.


    Sometimes, its not a bad thing to just admit you were wrong about something and then move forward.




  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perry Hall
    Posts
    2,888

    Re: OT- Portis is an idiot...

    No one is putting words in your mouth. This is a direct quote from you:

    Do I think it a crime, yup. Do I hate bulldogs or pitbulls or whatever the hell there called...Yeppers. BUT Those dogs are the most F'd up animals, sorry brother I do not shead a tear for those people eating killing animals. Send them back to hell for all I care
    Sounds like you either advocate it, or are just apathetic and can accept it happening. You also said Portis was right about this being no big deal.

    Bottom line, if YOU don't like pitbulls or think they are nothing but mindless killers, you don't have to be around them. But watch the comments because you are clearly basing your opinion on non-firsthand experience.

    And the information Wikipedia has on pitbull terriers is spot-on accurate, but your mind is made up so I'm through wasting my time on you.




  9. #39

    Re: OT- Portis is an idiot...

    Why are you guys even trying to talk sense into crazyraven? This is just like his moronic insistence that's it's okay for him to leave ice on the roof of his car so it can fall off on the interstate and fly into someone else's car. I think he just enjoys the attention he draws with these out-of-left field opinions.

    BTW, I heard this morning on the radio that the Commish was so impressed by Portis' comments that he issued a release, saying that he (the Commish) was "disappointed and embarrased for Clinton Portis."




  10. #40

    Re: OT- Portis is an idiot...

    Pitbulls, which in itself isnt really a breed of dog anyway, have been around in this country for a long time. Why have they gotten a bad rap in the last 20 or so years? Thug culture has made owning one a status symbol and many people who have no business owning any dog get them for that reason. Then they get bored with it and chain it or pen it in where the damn thing goes stir crazy. Ever had cabin fever? Imagine that over months or years. And without tv, internet, or any other entertainment to add to it. Imagine what impact that has on a simple dogs mind. The breed is a powerfull one, but the current social problems we are having with these dogs has everything to do with the people that buy them for the wrong reasons (and thats without getting into the problems of fighting them. Those that are neglected are bad enough. many fighting dogs are fed gunpowder because the toxens lead to insanity. Are they the ones at fault?)
    Crazyraven- I'm pretty sure the National Geographic show "The Dog Whisperer" is availible on DVD. Sounds like he could show you a thing or two about dogs.




  11. #41

    Re: OT- Portis is an idiot...

    i agree with Portis in this sense:

    Affluent white people are given trophies and awards for shooting animals. Our vice president was on a hunting trip when he SHOT a man. Killing deer and other animals is not even the slightest bit frowned upon.

    Yet you mention dogfighting and the place goes up in arms?

    No, I don't support dog fighting. But i certianly do appreciate the double standard that exists.




  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perry Hall
    Posts
    2,888

    Re: OT- Portis is an idiot...

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    i agree with Portis in this sense:

    Affluent white people are given trophies and awards for shooting animals. Our vice president was on a hunting trip when he SHOT a man. Killing deer and other animals is not even the slightest bit frowned upon.

    Yet you mention dogfighting and the place goes up in arms?

    No, I don't support dog fighting. But i certianly do appreciate the double standard that exists.
    You are comparing taking out a deer or game bird for food with a shot from a rifle to having 2 dogs slowly rip and tear each other apart for gambling purposes?

    And why do you have to bring race into this?




  13. #43

    Re: OT- Portis is an idiot...

    Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Why are you guys even trying to talk sense into crazyraven?
    Ding ding ding! Good question. This is one of those threads that has clearly brought out Crazy's :troll: side.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  14. #44

    Re: OT- Portis is an idiot...

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Stupid opinion? I think what Vick allegelly did was illegal. I've said it from the start. I've also said I dont like that people fight these dogs for sport. That aint cool. However I dont think its as serious as Drunk driving. Its a problem that the animal police are handling, and I have complete faith that they will stop dog fights whenever they happen.
    First of all, it's not the "animal police" that are handling this. Yes, animal control etc.. came to the house to remove to the dogs but you can damn well be sure that this is a criminal investigation being done by police.

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    and I'm not surprised that you are more concerned about killer dogs--who you dont even like--than the safety of human beings put at risk by irresponsible drunk drivers. it makes no sense at all.
    And you're accusing others of putting words in your mouth? I showed you complete hypocrisy while comparing your reaction to McNair and Vick. Not about the crimes but about you jumping to conclusions. You convicted McNair on the spot yet somehow brush this Vick thing off. You used the fact that McNair gave his car to his BIL to drive. Are you ignoring that Vick gave this house to his cousins who decided to make it into a dog fighting home? Yes, you are.

    I think the Commissioner's statement today pretty much clears up any misconception that this isn't a big deal. I didn't see him take time out to release a statement about McNair.

    Not only that, but the laws regarding dog fighting also show how serious a crime it is.

    It's sad that this thread has gone on this far.

    Like Colin Cowherd has been saying all week. Some people "get it" and some people don't.

    PP




  15. #45

    Re: OT- Portis is an idiot...

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    i agree with Portis in this sense:

    Affluent white people are given trophies and awards for shooting animals. Our vice president was on a hunting trip when he SHOT a man. Killing deer and other animals is not even the slightest bit frowned upon.

    Yet you mention dogfighting and the place goes up in arms?

    No, I don't support dog fighting. But i certianly do appreciate the double standard that exists.


    Thanks for the laugh.

    O, you're serious?

    My bad.

    PP




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland