Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: OT- Portis is an idiot...

CrazyRaven and Clinton Portis......This is what he should be allowed to do b/c it's his dogs and his house (note these are not his dogs but here is the result of dog fighting. p.s. this is the dog that won.)

*********WARNING VERY GRAPHIC*************

CrazyRaven and Clinton Portis......This is what he should be allowed to do b/c it's his dogs and his house (note these are not his dogs but here is the result of dog fighting. p.s. this is the dog that won.)
    Dude I said it was a crime. If its a crime then I think it shouldn't be allowed to pit them against one another. You can show all the mangled pitbulls all you want but those things scare the ever living crap out me. I have no pity for them. I don't want them getting chewed up but theyd do it to you in a heart beat if you were alone with one in a room.

The only one laughing was Samuels, in a "I can't believe you're saying this shit on camera, dude." Portis, as you said, was clearly not joking around. He was clearly defending dog-fighting, in fact. Of course, he apparently didn't realize until this interview that it's a felony.
    Portis was clearly joking. Look if Samuels thought he was serious I'm sure he wouldn't have laughed.
    Actually. Im not surprised one bit about your thoughts.
    and I'm not surprised that you are more concerned about killer dogs--who you dont even like--than the safety of human beings put at risk by irresponsible drunk drivers. it makes no sense at all.
    Whimsical statements? I watched the whole thing and he wasn't joking around. They were giggling because they are DUMB. Portis has said dumb things before and he did it again
    if you feel he said something dumb then you agree that it was whimsical as well. He said something without giving much thought to it. Again he was chuckling all the way through the interview. I mean he could have put on his dollar bill outfit and it would have been taken the same way.

plenty of them are as gentle as can be if raised by a loving and patient owner, not some inner-city gangsta who wants a mean dog for clout and to make money fighting him
    I have never ran across one of those things that were gentle or kind. The ones that have the good owners are the ones you see walking around with a muzzle cause they cant trust them.
    Last edited by crazyraven; 05-23-2007 at 12:18 AM.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

CrazyRaven, please save yourself some embarassment and give it up.

Look at the pictures above. Thanks to whoever posted them. Thats why dog fighting is illegal. Its cruel and inhumane, and really just plained sadistic and disgusting. Not suprising that a borderline sociopath like Vick would support it.

A picture says a 1000 words. There's a reason that shit is a felony, and morally reprehensible. Disgusting. Poor animals. . .

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    I have never ran across one of those things that were gentle or kind. The ones that have the good owners are the ones you see walking around with a muzzle cause they cant trust them.
    And the ignorance keeps on spewing from your lips. You really have no idea what you are talking about, so you go by what you have heard about pit bulls and form an opinion that it's ok to have them tear each other apart. I will tell you from experience that I have met many pit bulls who were very loving and friendly. They weren't put through a cruel killing machine regimen by thug pieces of shit like Vick or Portis either. So please just keep your misguided opinions to yourself before you continue to make an ass of yourself.

You guys are nuts. I did a Google search in the news on "pitbulls" and this is what comes up

http://origin.wcbd.com/midatlantic/c...5-22-0006.html
    http://www.tampabays10.com/news/loca...?storyid=55375

The vick story was the 3rd story.

Checkout the video too. on the first link. These dogs where not trained to kill each other. they just got away from their owners.

You go hug one of those dumb animals. Loving and friendly? Have you lost your mind Losac?

edit I found this one as well : http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...cal&id=5317810
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis

CrazyRaven, honestly, for you own sake, just back down off this stupid opinion.

There isn't a leg to stand on here; its not humane or moral to fight animals. Personally, I'm not even sure how humane it is to even race them, I wish horse racing would die out.

Pitt bulls can be good dogs, and there is no way to justify fighting them against eachother.

If a pittbull is found to be an insane dog, just put it down, put it to sleep, thats the humane thing to do. You don't fight them against eachother unless you're a crazy cracked out thuggish POS like Vick or Portis.

We should take a bunch of Vick's boys who are thug pieces of shit who are in jail and have them fight it out deathmatch style because, hey, they're bad people anyway. Perfectly acceptable.

Dude, just give it up.

BTW, how old are you? You confuse me, because there are time I think you could be early to mid twenties and times where you say things that might come out of a 14 year old. This is just an honest question.

CrazyRaven, honestly, for you own sake, just back down off this stupid opinion.
    Stupid opinion? I think what Vick allegelly did was illegal. I've said it from the start. I've also said I dont like that people fight these dogs for sport. That aint cool. However I dont think its as serious as Drunk driving. Its a problem that the animal police are handling, and I have complete faith that they will stop dog fights whenever they happen.

Personally, I'm not even sure how humane it is to even race them, I wish horse racing would die out.
    I like to go the races and place bets. I have no problems with that.

If a pittbull is found to be an insane dog, just put it down, put it to sleep, thats the humane thing to do. You don't fight them against eachother unless you're a crazy cracked out thuggish POS like Vick or Portis.
    CLeric did you see that video I passed along? A father and son where walking home and two pitbulls come out of nowhere and attack. Dude I did a half hearted search and came up with major stories as to why pitbulls are the scum of the earth. Seriously Id rather have a pet lion.

We should take a bunch of Vick's boys who are thug pieces of shit who are in jail and have them fight it out deathmatch style because, hey, they're bad people anyway. Perfectly acceptable.
    If its true, then yes...I agree.

BTW, how old are you? You confuse me, because there are time I think you could be early to mid twenties and times where you say things that might come out of a 14 year old. This is just an honest question
    What does it matter. You already made up your mind about me so It doesnt matter how old you think I am.

Crazy, 'pit bulls' needn't be fighting machines. You did some research, so did I. From this large on-line encyclopedia of dog breeds:
    Modified Boxer-like head with powerful jaws set off by small upright ears, he is 50 pounds of responsibility. If raised with children, he is loving and trustworthy and he should never be people-aggressive. He is not however, one that can ever be allowed off lead as he may confront another dog as is always considered the "bad guy" no matter who started it.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    Vick supposedly once said "I have two weapons--my arm, my legs, and my brains."
    Not only did Portis once play for the Steelers, he left to play for Snyder & the skins. how smart can he be?
    one thing what irritates me; Ray Lewis has been clean as a whistle since that one incident; Jamal Lewis (now departed) paid his debt and went straight...and some folks still think the Ravens are an outlaw bunch. They are far and away the cleanest group at least in this division.
    He played for the steelers? Huh? When? Where? Wow, did I fall to sleep for 20 years?
    Rip Van Winkle
    :insane:

Festivus, with all due respect the website you are referring is called the "thedogplace.com" they wouldn't say a bad thing about a killer dog. and quite honestly I wouldn't raise a child anywhere near those things, click on that second link i provided and see how "loving and trustworthy " that two year old is feeling about pit bulls.

Crazyraven - again, you have no experience of your own with pitbulls, so you base your opinion on sensational news stories you hear and the breed's bad reputation. I see you can use Google. Can you also use Wikipedia? Here's a few snippets:

APBTs can be very sweet, curious, intelligent, and clownish. They are noted for their outgoing, affectionate, eager-to-please disposition and their fondness for people; they love attention and relish the company of humans. When raised with a firm but fair hand an APBT can make a wonderful family pet, however, APBTs can also be stubborn and prone to display aggression towards other dogs.
    Despite the stereotype, the average, sound-minded pit bull is not a threat where children are concerned. Though the AKC and UKC recommend that no child be left alone with any dog, the APBT, like many of its relatives, is a breed more likely not to know its own strength and knock a toddler down totally by accident rather than by force. Pit bulls were bred to have a high tolerance for pain and thus will put up with a child's tail yanking, horseplay, and tumbling with little complaint and no snapping. Though if the animal has reached a mature age it is not advisable to have a child left unattended. It is also a breed that is very strong for its size and weight, so adults and older children are better recommended to take the dog on its leash.
    APBT and APBT-looking dogs are often associated with the urban and hip hop culture, and many young, predominantly male, people purchase them on the grounds of wanting a 'tough dog' — sadly, dogs of any breed acquired for such purposes often end up maltrained, misused and in poor health.

This breed is also often the most common target of dog abuse in urban areas. Outside of dog fighting and guarding property, the APBTs have been found beaten, starved, burned, mutilated, and mistreated to make them particularly aggressive. After the owner no longer has any use for the dog, the dog is left for dead, turned loose to die, or finds its way into animal control services, where it will most likely have to be destroyed.
    Yes, I have pet pitbulls owned by caring and responsible owners before, and every time was greeted by a happy, tail-wagging dog. If you don't like the dogs, that's fine, you don't have to be around them. But secretly advocating fighting the dogs because you consider them "the scum of the earth" is cruel and reprehensible. I think people like Vick and Portis are the scum of the earth, personally.

But secretly advocating fighting the dogs because you consider them "the scum of the earth" is cruel and reprehensible. I think people like Vick and Portis are the scum of the earth, personally.
    See, why are you putting words in my mouth? WTF? I've said a million times that this is bad. And Just because I dont want to be an advocate on dog fighting, like You, doesnt mean you have to make me one too. Why cant you just leave it at that? Sorry and excuse me if I dont give a crap about killer dogs and their plight. Sorry if I have other concerns.

Edit:BTW Wikipedia is the worst source for information-- Totally non credible