Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: OT- Portis is an idiot...

CrazyRaven, you've basically inferred from everything you said here that you agree with Portis at least when it comes to Pittbulls fighting.

Sometimes, its not a bad thing to just admit you were wrong about something and then move forward.

No one is putting words in your mouth. This is a direct quote from you:

Do I think it a crime, yup. Do I hate bulldogs or pitbulls or whatever the hell there called...Yeppers. BUT Those dogs are the most F'd up animals, sorry brother I do not shead a tear for those people eating killing animals. Send them back to hell for all I care
    Sounds like you either advocate it, or are just apathetic and can accept it happening. You also said Portis was right about this being no big deal.

Bottom line, if YOU don't like pitbulls or think they are nothing but mindless killers, you don't have to be around them. But watch the comments because you are clearly basing your opinion on non-firsthand experience.

And the information Wikipedia has on pitbull terriers is spot-on accurate, but your mind is made up so I'm through wasting my time on you.

Why are you guys even trying to talk sense into crazyraven? This is just like his moronic insistence that's it's okay for him to leave ice on the roof of his car so it can fall off on the interstate and fly into someone else's car. I think he just enjoys the attention he draws with these out-of-left field opinions.

BTW, I heard this morning on the radio that the Commish was so impressed by Portis' comments that he issued a release, saying that he (the Commish) was "disappointed and embarrased for Clinton Portis."

Pitbulls, which in itself isnt really a breed of dog anyway, have been around in this country for a long time. Why have they gotten a bad rap in the last 20 or so years? Thug culture has made owning one a status symbol and many people who have no business owning any dog get them for that reason. Then they get bored with it and chain it or pen it in where the damn thing goes stir crazy. Ever had cabin fever? Imagine that over months or years. And without tv, internet, or any other entertainment to add to it. Imagine what impact that has on a simple dogs mind. The breed is a powerfull one, but the current social problems we are having with these dogs has everything to do with the people that buy them for the wrong reasons (and thats without getting into the problems of fighting them. Those that are neglected are bad enough. many fighting dogs are fed gunpowder because the toxens lead to insanity. Are they the ones at fault?)
    Crazyraven- I'm pretty sure the National Geographic show "The Dog Whisperer" is availible on DVD. Sounds like he could show you a thing or two about dogs.

i agree with Portis in this sense:

Affluent white people are given trophies and awards for shooting animals. Our vice president was on a hunting trip when he SHOT a man. Killing deer and other animals is not even the slightest bit frowned upon.

Yet you mention dogfighting and the place goes up in arms?

No, I don't support dog fighting. But i certianly do appreciate the double standard that exists.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post

Affluent white people are given trophies and awards for shooting animals. Our vice president was on a hunting trip when he SHOT a man. Killing deer and other animals is not even the slightest bit frowned upon.

No, I don't support dog fighting. But i certianly do appreciate the double standard that exists.
    You are comparing taking out a deer or game bird for food with a shot from a rifle to having 2 dogs slowly rip and tear each other apart for gambling purposes?

And why do you have to bring race into this?

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Why are you guys even trying to talk sense into crazyraven?
    Ding ding ding! Good question. This is one of those threads that has clearly brought out Crazy's :troll: side.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Stupid opinion? I think what Vick allegelly did was illegal. I've said it from the start. I've also said I dont like that people fight these dogs for sport. That aint cool. However I dont think its as serious as Drunk driving. Its a problem that the animal police are handling, and I have complete faith that they will stop dog fights whenever they happen.
    First of all, it's not the "animal police" that are handling this. Yes, animal control etc.. came to the house to remove to the dogs but you can damn well be sure that this is a criminal investigation being done by police.

and I'm not surprised that you are more concerned about killer dogs--who you dont even like--than the safety of human beings put at risk by irresponsible drunk drivers. it makes no sense at all.
    And you're accusing others of putting words in your mouth? I showed you complete hypocrisy while comparing your reaction to McNair and Vick. Not about the crimes but about you jumping to conclusions. You convicted McNair on the spot yet somehow brush this Vick thing off. You used the fact that McNair gave his car to his BIL to drive. Are you ignoring that Vick gave this house to his cousins who decided to make it into a dog fighting home? Yes, you are.

I think the Commissioner's statement today pretty much clears up any misconception that this isn't a big deal. I didn't see him take time out to release a statement about McNair.

Not only that, but the laws regarding dog fighting also show how serious a crime it is.

It's sad that this thread has gone on this far.

Like Colin Cowherd has been saying all week. Some people "get it" and some people don't.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post

Thanks for the laugh.

O, you're serious?

My bad.

PP

I showed you complete hypocrisy while comparing your reaction to McNair and Vick
    The big difference you seem to be overlooking is that Mcnair is a Raven. If Vick were a raven you can bet I'd be all over this clown for this stupidity. the difference is endangering people vs people killing dogs. sorry but I admit it, I'm turning a blind eye in regards to the dogs.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

The big difference you seem to be overlooking is that Mcnair is a Raven. If Vick were a raven you can bet I'd be all over this clown for this stupidity. the difference is endangering people vs people killing dogs. sorry but I admit it, I'm turning a blind eye in regards to the dogs.
    Sigh.

I think you've made it clear where you stand on this.

Congrats.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    You are comparing taking out a deer or game bird for food with a shot from a rifle to having 2 dogs slowly rip and tear each other apart for gambling purposes?

And why do you have to bring race into this?
    Because, like it or not, it plays a big role in this.

And i'm not talking about people who hunt for their food. I'm talking about the people who hunt and then put the deer head on a wall in their office. They win trophies for that type of thing. And you're telling me its LESS cruel than dog fighting? How?