Good article on the Jets D

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/44694348/ns/sports-nfl/

Sounds like they've been susceptible to the cut-back runs that Ray Rice excels at.

Re: Good article on the Jets D

Very interesting piece. One other thing I took from it is that, at least in Tanier's opinion, the Jets' safeties are a liability in coverage.

Hello, Dickson?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

The Jets are going to pumped to make a statement about their defense and team as a whole.

Joe Namath's criticism of Rex Ryan not having his team prepared will also have some impact.

They will be ready to play come Sunday. Intangibles will only take them so far but the Ravens better be ready as well.

From that article, it seems like being "pumped up" is getting them into trouble as the d-lineman are overpursuing and leaving the backdoor open.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post
    The Jets are going to pumped to make a statement about their defense and team as a whole.

Joe Namath's criticism of Rex Ryan not having his team prepared will also have some impact.

They will be ready to play come Sunday. Intangibles will only take them so far but the Ravens better be ready as well.
    I am pretty sure both teams will be at maximum motivation, but like you said, that only gets you so far.

The Jets are a good team, but I love the matchup. They seem to have taken a step back on both sides of the trenches, and have not been very explosive on O. Sanchez is not a savvy 3 step drop pinpoint passer like Hasselbeck, and they do not have the double edged sword of CJ2K and Britt as well as bookend tackles. Basically I think we can double Holmes and contain the rest of them with single coverage. They can not run the ball, and they can not stop the run right now, and no amount of scheme is going to be able to cover that up vs an elite team like the Ravens.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post

When our D shows up and smack your offense around. Thank Joe Namath.