Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Harbaugh: "Kindle isn't good enough"

I realize he wasn't drafted that high, but Kruger took 3 years to see the field didn't he?
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

I wouldnt look too deep, I think its clearly a special teams thing, what Kindle has to do is look directly at Mclellan and beat him out. Pagano has found niches for many bench players, they probably view the rotation as full so the "other" guys will just boil down to who are the best ST guys. He already offers value as a guy that could disrupt kicks, i'd imagine his coverage isnt up to snuff yet, or maybe just slightly worse then Mclellan, once he closes that gap he'll be fine. I think you'll see him get some snaps here and there on 3rd down and its up to him show them he's a force.

3. Re: Harbaugh: "Kindle isn't good enough"

Quote Originally Posted by KLynch View Post
    The issue is called Pernell McPhee, it also doesn't help that JJ is playing great and Kruger is getting pressure.
    huh? How is a DLineman taking the place of a linebacker on the gameday roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Harbaugh is anything but transparent, please go back and see any of his press confereces since he's been hired. He tells the media everything they already know and I can't remember the last time he said anything provacative at at press conference. He is a disciple of Andy Reid and learned everything about media relations from him.
    To be fair though, most good coaches today are this way: McCarthy, Payton, Belichick, Reid, Tomlin...

Only successful coaches I can think of who really run their mouths about anything are the two from New York (gee, what a surprise).

Quote Originally Posted by KLynch View Post
    The issue is called Pernell McPhee, it also doesn't help that JJ is playing great and Kruger is getting pressure.
    JJ is playing great? I appreciate his edge setting and all that, but great isnt the right word. Solid, maybe.......

Blog Entries

This must be code for being in Harbs' doghouse. I would think that Kindle is not trying hard enough and his Special Teams performance has been weak. The fact that Rookie FA Albert McClellan has been active for 3 weeks and not your 1st pick of the 2010 draft says a lot about Kindle.

It is unfortunate, but to be honest I'm not terribly surprised. Kindle still seems a bit immature.
    Nah....It's code for he isn't good enough. If Kindle wants to stay in the NFL he better start improving

Blog Entries

He said that after explaining why certain players suit up certain players don't. Then somebody asked him directly about kindle. Its not like he singled kindle out. It was mostly coach speak anyway, nothing to be alarmed about. We all know kindle isn't ready yet, that's why he hasn't been activated. The thread title is kind of misleading.

I think people are skeptical of Harbaugh on these issues because he has been so clearly wrong in the past. Last season I believe Josh Wilson didn't see the field for 6 weeks. It turned out he was one of our best corners. We have seen the same with Ellerbe and Kruger as well. If a guy was good enough to be drafted with a high draft pick, I would think he would be good enough to at least get out there and see what he can do. If it is still due to his injury problems than I would think Harbaugh would have said that.

huh? How is a DLineman taking the place of a linebacker on the gameday roster.
    I believe he is implying that Mcphee has a greater impact than Kindle would, regardless of position. I would agree with him as well. McPhee is commanding double teams and teams are paying the price when they dont do so.

10. Re: Harbaugh: "Kindle isn't good enough"

again, this is an Albert McClellan vs. Sergio Kindle thing. These two play the same position & one guy has been active for 3 weeks and the other hasn't. It has nothing to do w/ any other players on the roster. On top of that, the more Kindle sits, the sillier the FO looks for taking him in round 2.

I distinctly remember Kindle almost blocking 2 punts in the preseason and playing well on Teams. Don't really recall McClellan doing that. Not a knock on McClellan, hats off to the guy earning a gameday check each week. But Kindle was known as an athletic freak coming out of college. I would think his athleticism would play well on Teams.

I think Harbaugh sent a shot across the bow to Kindle yesterday and there is a lot more to this then Kindle "not being ready"

Smart teams use their best players regardless of draft position. Do you think the Jets regret cutting Danny Woodhead (undrafted) for Joe McKnight (3rd round draft pick -- hasn't done anything)? Harbaugh's sending a great message: if you want playing time, earn it.

12. Re: Harbaugh: "Kindle isn't good enough"

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfaninhbg View Post
    I believe he is implying that Mcphee has a greater impact than Kindle would, regardless of position. I would agree with him as well. McPhee is commanding double teams and teams are paying the price when they dont do so.
    they go w/ 6 active DLineman on gameday regardless. McKinney has sat most weeks because of McPhee's contributions. McPhee also doesn't play on Special Teams.