Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RavenTerp Guest

Re: Jets fans planning a pre-party Sat/Sun at this Fed Hill bar???

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    You didn't go to the Tennesee playoff game three years ago did you?
    No, but i saw the footage and if i was a Titan fan i would be appaled at that! lol...

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTerp View Post
    No, but i saw the footage and if i was a Titan fan i would be appaled at that! lol...
    So by your logic, the bar that hosts my Houston Ravens group here in Houston should be put out of business because it does not solely cater to the Texans all day, every day?

Hate to break it to you but there is also a Bills, Steelers (multiple), Redskins, Titans and Raiders bar also in the city limits, including some in Federal Hill. Assuming you frequent bars in Fed Hill, you've probably been to one or more of these places and didn't even know it.

RavenTerp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So by your logic, the bar that hosts my Houston Ravens group here in Houston should be put out of business because it does not solely cater to the Texans all day, every day?

Hate to break it to you but there is also a Bills, Steelers (multiple), Redskins, Titans and Raiders bar also in the city limits, including some in Federal Hill. Assuming you frequent bars in Fed Hill, you've probably been to one or more of these places and didn't even know it.
    I don't care what happens in other cities and that was not my logic at all...all i am saying is that any bar/restaurant that openly promotes a Pep Rally and having a Block party during the week of a Raven home game against that said team, would never get my business. Again, you guys seem ok with this so whatever.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Furry--
    If you had mentioned a whistle in your post, I was going to accuse you of being The Reincarnation of Steve Mario! :D ;)

R-Terp--
    I guess I'm getting too old to worry about stuff like this, but consider - maybe this is a way for this bar/owner to drum up needed business. Sure, Ravens fans may not like it when visiting teams are courted by local bars, but (and I say this with respect to you) it may be your "youth" ;) that creates the "outrage" you seem to offer in your posts.

I tend to agree with the idea that it's not a big deal, that Ravens fans should offer a classy response and welcome visiting fans - make their stay a great one, so they come back and patronize local businesses, have them returning to THEIR chat boards talking about what a top-notch, class experience they had in Baltimore and how cool the Ravens fans were. Sure, offer them some good-natured crap, but some of the stuff I hear about is not really all that different (other than to the degree it's carried out) than the stuff creating international strife. (and my apologies, I don't mean to veer this onto a political path)

We do our best on road trips to invade bars in other cities.. This is a non issue. Let them have their fun. They'll be sulking come 11:30 on Sunday night.

There is a bar in Fells Point that caters to Stealers fans on game days.

I know both of the owners and they do quite well on game days. They also have an amazing kitchen with some of the best mac & cheese I have ever tasted. I still go to this bar, just not on game days.

Why? Because seeing a business do well in the city I love is far more important to me than some kids game played by grown ups. If this bars actions outrages you, simply don't go. That's your right. But to get upset about it? Seems silly to me, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Furry--
    If you had mentioned a whistle in your post, I was going to accuse you of being The Reincarnation of Steve Mario! :D ;)
    I'm not him.. haha ;) But It's great to have another old timer who gets some of my references. Now if we just had the Rex Ryan's hotel room number.

I'm disappointed at the way some posters are reacting to this. This is behavior I'd expect out of Jets fans; obnoxious and thin skinned.

Let them have their fun. Do you really expect a few lone Jets fans to want to wander into bars that are going to be flooded with purple? They have every right to enjoy the game in a safe and welcoming environment.

This isn't apartheid, Jesus people...

Blog Entries

Tourists spending money in Charm City is a good thing. Let em eat drink and be merry because they're gonna be crying after the game.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Instead of not frequenting this place, why doesn't everyone show up in full force and show them that that Baltimore is RAVENS country?

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Ravenalytics--

I think "This isn't apartheid, Jesus people..." needs another comma, or else you've just created a religious controversy! :D ;)

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTerp View Post
    Thats fine and it is his decision, but the fact is he owns a bar/restaurant in the heart of BALTIMORE and to me its disgracefull to hold a Pep Rally and Block party all weekend for Jets fans. So they can do this for 2 days and lose potential business ALL YEAR from Baltimore fans!
    And that is their business decision to make. And if there are enough Jets fans to keep him in business when the Jets don't come to town, then he will be ok. Otherwise, it won't last that long.

In the meantime, Ravens fans can find a place to go that supports the Ravens.