Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    RavenTerp Guest

Jets fans planning a pre-party Sat/Sun at this Fed Hill bar???

Saw this on a Jest site:

No Idea Tavern will start celebrating the Jets vs. Ravens weekend this Saturday night at 8pm. Drink and food specials for all people wearing team apparel.

All you can drink til 1pm for $9, (rail drinks, house wine, and Miller Lite draft) on Saturday and Sunday during the day. After that:

Drink and food specials will include
    $2.50 Miller Lite bottles
    $4 25 oz. Miller Lite drafts
    $5 25 oz. Blue Moon drafts
    $5 Wings, burgers, and cheeseteaks
    $8 A beer and a shot

No Idea is blocking off Heath Street on Sunday from 10am-8pm. Beer pong, cornhole and lots of fun!!!

Plenty of room for everybody!

No Idea Tavern
    1649 S. Hanover Street
    Baltimore, MD 21230
    410-685-4332
    www.noideatavern.com

They are even promoting this thing to Jets fans on the bars website uder the events tab:
    J-E-T-S, JETS! JETS! JETS!
    No Idea Tavern shows every NY Jets game with sounds. Every Jets fan receives drink and food specials during the game. No Idea has the NFL Ticket

I guess this place likes Jets fans and caters to them. Now businesses can do what they please and i understand that, but do these business owners understand that people (like my friends and family) will see this happening and NEVER frequent that establishment because of this? Seriously your business is in Baltimore and you are "celebrating" the Jets - Ravens game for Jets fans??? There is a tab for contacting the owners and i sent a message letting them know my family and friends will never frequent this place now. Probably doesn't matter but this just rubbed me the wrong way.

Re: Jets fans planning a pre-party Sat/Sun at this Fed Hill bar???

A part of me thinks you're overreacting a little and the other part of me wishes everyone in this city would make every experience for a Jets fan absolutely miserable. I mean "Flies" in their burgers and "loogies" in their beers... Even put Bed Bugs in their hotel rooms.. But another part of me realizes that in the end, this is recreation and life is good.

How is the food at this place? If it's great then you are the one missing out by not going after this all blows over. If the food is not special, then why would you go anyway?

I think this place has "No Idea" that the are in Baltimore.

RavenTerp Guest

Listen they can do what they want but hosting a block party in the heart of Fed Hill for Jets fans is a bit much for me...so they obviously don't care about pissing off local fans, so why in the hell should i or any other Baltimore Ravens fan frequent this place? Seriously, lets just have more bars/restaurants hold parties welcoming NEW YORK Jets fans!!!??? WTF?

I see that place on the way to the stadium. I want opposing fans to have a good time when they come here. It's a game and I would hope that Ravens fans would be ambassadors of our area instead of spitting on people's food.

Blog Entries

If no one went they wouldn't still be in business. Anyone who doesn't like it just shouldn't go there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If no one went they wouldn't still be in business. Anyone who doesn't like it just shouldn't go there.
    This.

I don't understand getting all worked up over it. Just don't go there.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    I see that place on the way to the stadium. I want opposing fans to have a good time when they come here. It's a game and I would hope that Ravens fans would be ambassadors of our area instead of spitting on people's food.
    C'mon it was a joke... ;) and I totally agree with you.

I wonder why a place like that doesn't market something like "Cornhole tournaments against the Jets. Make half the alley for Ravens and the other half is for Jets and have Ravens vs Jets Cornhole tournaments... They should do it every week! They should make white Cornhole sets and then change the opposition's team decals every week.

RavenTerp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    I am not saying to spit in peoples food or anything like that, just that this place would rather cater to Jets fans then the hometown Ravens fans ALL YEAR round. So since they want to hold a Pep Rally and Block party all weekend for NEW YORK Jets fans that are in town, i think BALTIMORE Ravens fans who live here all year round should just boycot this place!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTerp View Post
    I am not saying to spit in peoples food or anything like that, just that this place would rather cater to Jets fans then the hometown Ravens fans ALL YEAR round. So since they want to hold a Pep Rally and Block party all weekend for NEW YORK Jets fans that are in town, i think BALTIMORE Ravens fans who live here all year round should just boycot this place!
    Maybe the owner is a New Yorker and grew up rooting for the Jets.

RavenTerp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    C'mon it was a joke... ;) and I totally agree with you.

I wonder why a place like that doesn't market something like "Cornhole tournaments against the Jets. Make half the alley for Ravens and the other half is for Jets and have Ravens vs Jets Cornhole tournaments... They should do it every week! They should make white Cornhole sets and then change the opposition's team decals every week.
    I agree, but they are having a Jets PEP rally for crying out loud and blocking off some street for Jets fans only...IN THE HEART OF FED HILL ALL WEEKEND!!!??? WTF?

Blog Entries

I'd hope the owner is from NY do be providing such thing for Jets fans, as the owner in Indy does for Ravens fans. Regardless they're coming to our town so eff em' and the place that's hosting it!
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"