Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Looking Ahead to Rex and Gang Green

The Ravens won't overlook the Jet's, no chance of that. These teams flat out don't like each other due no doubt to the cross pollenization of players, and Rex always running his mouth.

But moreso than that, is that the Jets don't match up well against the Ravens. Sanchez really isn't good at anything other than short range passes, and he's not particularly quick about it either. Nobody is going to run on the Ravens, so it's really up to Sanchez to beat us. Not gonna happen. Especially not in our house.

The Jet's defense looks weak too. Both the Raiders and Cowboys ripped it apart, I can't imagine what the Ravens might do, especially if Evans is rested and ready. Good lord.

I felt better about this game than I did the Rams game...

I made the remark to Nicki earlier today that the second week of the season is the Raven's albatros.

Last year it was the four INT Bengals game. This year it was the not very good Titans basically whipping us up and down the field.

I think the Ravens will be perfectly fired up for the Jets. We should win convincingly because their offensive line can't stop our pass rushers.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

I only hope that loss doesn't haunt us like the Bengals game did last year. We should've swept the Steelers, but because of that loss to the Bengals, we lost the AFCN. If we'd won that game, which we should've, that split with the Steelers doesn't sink us and their loss to the Jets gives us the AFCN crown.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I only hope that loss doesn't haunt us like the Bengals game did last year. We should've swept the Steelers, but because of that loss to the Bengals, we lost the AFCN. If we'd won that game, which we should've, that split with the Steelers doesn't sink us and their loss to the Jets gives us the AFCN crown.
    Don't forget God making Steve Johnsom drop that TD pass ;)
    90% of the game is half mental

Blog Entries

It does worry me a bit that they just lost to Oakland...

Rams beat writer was interviewed on Friday on Vinny and Kenny show, and made the point that when the Ravens lost to the Titans, everyone in St Louis groaned. Because a pissed off Ray Lewis, T Suggs, and Ed Reed is NOT what you want to see when you are banged up.

And that is what we saw today. These guys were pissed about being humiliated last week and just kept coming, relentless, again and again.

Now, the Jets are coming off a loss to the Raiders....The Raiders. That's a long flight back for Rex to crawl inside their heads and rile them up for next week.

Harbaugh better get inside our guys heads and pump them up for this, because the Jets are going to be coming at us full force.

Today's game got everyone back to the beat and they'll be just as hi
    going vs Rexy boy as Jets. Ray, Ed and Suggs will desperately want to
    beat their old mentor and pal.

They did it last year up in their new stadium in prime time and we're
    even better this year.

Anyone want to guess how Rex plays Torrey or Evans if he's back.

Does Revis go man to man and do they leave Cromarten on Boldin?

Boldin and TJ did well with TJ getting the big play in end zone at the end of the game
    when he was held and then we scored. Boldin and TJ caused all types of flags and now
    we have Evans and Torrey. Pick your poison.

Ray will have his guys hi as a kite. Afterall, it's the Rex Ryan Bowl in prime time.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-26-2011 at 02:39 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I think the loss to the Tits last week may have been a good thing for this team. Woke them up to the fact that anything is possible when you don't prepare. That goes for the coaches too.
    I never subscribed to a 'good loss' but in this case I agree with you. Any given Sunday - they were embarassed by a lesser opponent and reminded you better bring your A game every week. I dont think there will be any relaxing; expecially with 52 around.

Should be a great game and Mangold is still out.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

7. Re: Looking Ahead to Rex and Gang Green

Still early in the week, but I'd be really surprised if Cromartie plays Sunday night. Kyle Wilson is not much of a cover corner IMHO, so there should be some plays we can make in the passing game.

Jets front 7 besides David Harris is not really all that good. And I'm still confused as to why people refer to them as an "elite" team?

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    And I'm still confused as to why people refer to them as an "elite" team?
    I really don't know, but it's no secret that I don't think the Jet's are very good. They have been far more lucky than good over the last couple of years. Sure, their defense has been great, but their QB had 18 dropped picks last year, more than twice as many as the next QB.

I'll give them their props for the Pats game in the playoffs, and the Colts game the year before, but outside of that, I don't see an "elite" team at all.

This year, their defense seems to be middle of the road at best.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    i have a feeling the jets are going to be pretty quiet this week.
    I don't think that's genetically possible.

Blog Entries

Does anyone really think that the Ravens won't be 'amped' up for this one?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Tell you something im looking forward to: with the next 2 games at home, there is a pretty decent chance that ed reed sets the alltime int return yardage record (he is 20 yards short) in bmore. Be awesome if he did it in primetime against the jets. Of course I would rather see the ravens win...hopefully we can get our cake and eat it too. :D

I'd rather them talk...Get that big old foot shoved in the mouth, like the Steelers did.
    Rex might actually like that.
    Founder of The J. Peterman Company - JPeterman.com - Follow me on Twitter