Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrows game?

Tomorrows game?

Is anyone worried that we could come out of this game 1-2?
    I know it seems like a weak week for us, but we tend to play to our competition.
    Blast away on me now but I am worried! :bag:

Blog Entries

Re: Tomorrows game?

we haven't been a team that played to the competition since the billick years.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    we haven't been a team that played to the competition since the billick years.
    Weren't you the same one who questioned me after I predicted the Ravens would lose to the Titans? And you sure we don't play down to our competition? Did you watch last week? Did you watch last year?

I'm a bit worried, but not too much. I seriously doubt the Ravens are gonna come out and preform like that two weeks in a row.
    90% of the game is half mental

Blog Entries

i don't remember about questioning you. does it matter? we came out flat last week, but under harbaugh, the ravens have routinely blown out alot of inferior teams. under billick it seemed like they made a habit of playing to the competition. like in 2007....we almost beat the undefeated pats...right there with them the whole game yet just a few weeks earlier we barely beat the 49ers 9-6 i think. i have always felt that that has been one of the biggest differences with the harbaugh regime.

i don't remember about questioning you. does it matter? we came out flat last week, but under harbaugh, the ravens have routinely blown out alot of inferior teams. under billick it seemed like they made a habit of playing to the competition. like in 2007....we almost beat the undefeated pats...right there with them the whole game yet just a few weeks earlier we barely beat the 49ers 9-6 i think. i have always felt that that has been one of the biggest differences with the harbaugh regime.
    My biggest beef is that we NEVER put teams away. Last year we let every team hang around.

Don't forget losing to the previously winless Dolphins :grbac:
    90% of the game is half mental

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    My biggest beef is that we NEVER put teams away. Last year we let every team hang around.
    i hear ya man. i went into this season trying to leave last season in the past. you have to admit that we did put the steelers away...hopefully in the next game that we have a second half lead we will do the same thing.

I think there are gonna be plenty of Ravens out there playing with their heart on their sleeves. Zeus was pretty close to quite a few of these guys and you can bet that they are gonna be thinking about him. Expect the defense to be lights out tomorrow.

Blog Entries

The Titans are better than people thought. They had some defensive linemen that missed the Jacksonville game.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

That's a legit worry, with our injuries. We're down two WRs in the top half of our depth chart, our primary KR, our starting LG, one of our starting CBs, possibly his top replacement CB as well.

That said, St Louis is banged up too. At least one of their starting WRs, a bunch of their best CBs...

Just as much chance we come out and play at a top level. Stop banking on us to fail before the game even starts!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

"...we NEVER put teams away..."

Ding, ding ding !!!!! That is a good point to highlight the angst. Playing in the dome against the Rams should not be as much of a concern, but it is because the Ravens have not consistently shown that dominance that keeps some teams out of the contest. In the NFL, allowing any team to hang around asks for bounces/plays/calls to be the deciding factor. Sixty minutes of football, like the Steelers' game, should be the order of the day.

Maybe the Titans are like the Rams the year that the Ravens lead off the season and lost. Everybody asked how they could lose to that team - who then went on to the Super Bowl. Nobody saw them coming, so they were not seen early as a threat and to lose to them meant there was something wrong with your team. If that is true, then losing to them is losing to a competitive team. If not, then losing was a dog. Losing to the Rams would be losing two of those and questioning the season.

Come out and play like every team is a playoff contender - or that you are an elite one.