Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ray Lewis: Love to hate him

At the end of the Titans game, when it became pretty clear the Titans had it in the bag, Ray was still playing with an intensity thatnoticeably set him apart from anyone else on the field.

That's what makes Ray great. He wills himself to be great and he's always going 100%.

It will be a sad, sad day for me personally because from the moment I saw him set foot on an NFL field, he never let his foot off the accelerator.

Greatness from beginning to end and he never expected anything less of himself or his teammates. There's a reason that 60-70% of the stadium is filled with #52 jerseys, folks.

We do need to groom someone capable enough to step into the MLB role however. I feel sorry for whoever that dude is because he'll never replace Ray.

Blog Entries

Lightning struck twice in Baltimore. First Johnny U. and then Ray

You can add Ed Reed to that GOTA.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Lightning struck twice in Baltimore. First Johnny U. and then Ray
    Four times? Ogden and Reed.

Blog Entries

baltimore has had alot of great players come through...ray and unitas are unique in the way that they became the face of their franchises. unitas was the heart and soul of the colts same as ray has been the heart and soul of the ravens. they are bigger than just their contributions at their respective positions. only other baltimore guy you could probably throw in there with those two is cal ripken.

and i have to add that ed reed is my favorite alltime raven and the most exciting athlete i have ever seen. but ray has been the face of the ravens since day 1.
    Last edited by ballhawk; 09-23-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Vontaze Burfict. Young still but he plays with Ray's intensity. Also, Ray has already spoken to him in a mentor like capacity before.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    The interesting thing about the question is that in the last 15 years the game has changed so much. Ray was once considered too small to play ILB, which is why he fell as far as he did when the Ravens drafted him. Now he's almost too big. The rules have turned it into such a passing game that teams are moving toward linebackers who can drop into coverage as well, if not better than they can hit a runner the hole. It's why we're seeing Brendon Ayenbadjo get 20-30 snaps a game at linebacker.

No one can replace Ray, even if he could, he wouldn't necessarily fit the profile. I wish the game would go back to what it was, but I think that ship has sailed.
    I totally agree. I think we are seeing the beginning of the end of an era in football-with Ray Lewis and the changing of the game.

I will really miss seeing Ray Lewis when he's gone.