Blog Entries

Match Up of the Week - Week 3

Nothing like looking at the NFL schedule each week and picking out the most interesting match ups. This week the clear winner is the game that features the Houston Texans at the New Orleans Saints.

Both teams typify the vision the NFL had when they tinkered with the rules to boost passing offense. The line up in multiple spread looks, let their quarterbacks throw the ball all over the field and are able to run the ball while still in passing formations. The result are offenses that explode. Expect some huge plays and some big turnovers from the Saints. The Texans are more focused on offense and have been using less options but this is the game where we finally could see someone like Owen Daniels getting involved and really shining.

Defensively the Texans currently lead the league in total defense while the Saints are 12th. It's still early to judge these type of rankings but since neither team seemed to be able to stop anyone last year the improvement is noticeable. I'm looking for aggressive pressure from the Saints and some big game changing plays from the Texans. Wade Phillips made converts of his 3-4 system after the first week of training camp. Shaun Cody looks like a real 3-4 NT. Mario Williams seems to be great in any system. Rookie JJ Watt you can tell just loves the game and has been incredibly impressive.

The Texans block 2 field goals against the Dolphins last week and we all saw how well the Saints do on returns week 1. Special teams for both teams have the ability to win games.

For the Texans this is a chance to go 3-0 for the first time in franchise history and gain some converts. For the Saints this is just another opponent they need to beat to remain at an elite level. For the fans this could be an early Super Bowl preview and a treat to watch. Best news is that this is a 1 pm start and the Ravens game isn't until 4. Enjoy

Re: Match Up of the Week - Week 3

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Nothing like looking at the NFL schedule each week and picking out the most interesting match ups. This week the clear winner is the game that features the Houston Texans at the New Orleans Saints.

Both teams typify the vision the NFL had when they tinkered with the rules to boost passing offense. The line up in multiple spread looks, let their quarterbacks throw the ball all over the field and are able to run the ball while still in passing formations. The result are offenses that explode. Expect some huge plays and some big turnovers from the Saints. The Texans are more focused on offense and have been using less options but this is the game where we finally could see someone like Owen Daniels getting involved and really shining.

Defensively the Texans currently lead the league in total defense while the Saints are 12th. It's still early to judge these type of rankings but since neither team seemed to be able to stop anyone last year the improvement is noticeable. I'm looking for aggressive pressure from the Saints and some big game changing plays from the Texans. Wade Phillips made converts of his 3-4 system after the first week of training camp. Shaun Cody looks like a real 3-4 NT. Mario Williams seems to be great in any system. Rookie JJ Watt you can tell just loves the game and has been incredibly impressive.

The Texans block 2 field goals against the Dolphins last week and we all saw how well the Saints do on returns week 1. Special teams for both teams have the ability to win games.

For the Texans this is a chance to go 3-0 for the first time in franchise history and gain some converts. For the Saints this is just another opponent they need to beat to remain at an elite level. For the fans this could be an early Super Bowl preview and a treat to watch. Best news is that this is a 1 pm start and the Ravens game isn't until 4. Enjoy

While i think it will be a good game I'm personally not interested in these scorefests.

Jets at Oakland is IMO the best of the week.

You have two nasty defenses waiting to tee off on each other and two offenses that need to run the ball to survive.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

Raiders defense didn't look so nasty giving up a 21-3 lead to the Bills last week

Blog Entries

Bills v. Patriots. I would love to hear the sound the talking heads would make if the Bill pulled off that upset.

Talked to my brother, he said it's like gearing up for the Super Bowl up there, 2-0 with the possibility of beating the Pats (Not that he or I think it will happen), but hell the Browns smashed the Pats last year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Bills v. Patriots. I would love to hear the sound the talking heads would make if the Bill pulled off that upset.

Talked to my brother, he said it's like gearing up for the Super Bowl up there, 2-0 with the possibility of beating the Pats (Not that he or I think it will happen), but hell the Browns smashed the Pats last year.
    My brother the Pats fan laughed when I asked him if he was worried based on how the Bills have played this year. He told me their next real game was the Jets in the middle of November. Those Pats fans are an arrogant group. I'd love the Bills to stun them. Especially if it was Fred Jackson running it down their throats. I love that kid.

Blog Entries

My brother the Pats fan laughed when I asked him if he was worried based on how the Bills have played this year. He told me their next real game was the Jets in the middle of November. Those Pats fans are an arrogant group. I'd love the Bills to stun them. Especially if it was Fred Jackson running it down their throats. I love that kid.
    I know, I am praying to the Any Given Sunday God.

Blog Entries

I am really interested in Pats at Bills - this could be like an old AFC match with 100 passes thrown. If the Bills can't get their running game going they may be in trouble.

I am pulling for the Bills but they haven't beaten the Pats in so long they may not know how.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I know, I am praying to the Any Given Sunday God.
    It's looks like we were both right. Bills/Patriots and Texans/Saints were amazing games. Great for 4 quarters. My son also had a great day watching his Lions come back from 20 points down to win It's funny because the Ravens game seems incredibly dull after watching the early matches.

Blog Entries

It looked as though Buffalo was going to get into that 'We have to throw with their QB' mode, which got them down early via two turnovers. Once they started getting Jackson some touches and regained a sense of balance, they were able to regain some momentum. He still did not have a lot of carries, but became more of a part of the offense as the game went on.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

It's looks like we were both right. Bills/Patriots and Texans/Saints were amazing games. Great for 4 quarters. My son also had a great day watching his Lions come back from 20 points down to win It's funny because the Ravens game seems incredibly dull after watching the early matches.
    I know, the Bills/Pats is on NFL Replay tonight!