Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Why Ravens Fans Should Love Steve Bisciotti

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Plus they've made the POs while usually beating us along the way.
    They've played us 4 times in 16 years and are 3-1 against us, hard to claim that that constitutes a pattern.

Meanwhile we've made the playoffs 7 times in the last ten seasons same as they have. We both have the same number of Super Bowl titles in that time span. We have 2 more playoff wins in the last decade than them.

In other words, they're very good. We're very good. Any comparisons between our franchises in the last decade is going to reveal two relatively equal teams.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Exactly right, man.

That's what I was trying to say - two equal teams in last decade both winning a
    SB and making the POs with one spending the other not spending.

Great post.

Blog Entries

you don't have to spend as much when you have a HOF QB replaced by another potential HOF'er. green bay has been pretty lucky in that regard.

Blog Entries

They always had good people. In fact, many Ravens fans don't remember this but Ozzie wasn't the
    only one who tried to trade up for Boller. GB and Miami also wanted Kyle. We just had the higher picks.

GBs former GM named Wolf, I think it was, had retired to Annapolis but did counciltation for GB. Wolfe
    was the one who brought Farve to GB and he recommended Boller. Of course, GB lucked out losing the
    Boller sweepstakes-lol. Kyle was a top 20 pick at the time as I recall but someone can correct me there.
    I remember yelling and screaming with Fred Grau at the stadium when we got Boller. The place went
    nuts in front of the booth that broadcasted the draft. ILMAO I do remember a member of this board
    named Topper K saying just because he can throw a football thru the goal post from mid field on one
    knee doesn't mean he can play football. Man, Tooper knew something the rest of us didn't.

Enter Aaron Rogers who replaced Boller at Cal. Now I don't know if Wolf had anything to do with Rogers
    but it's no coincidence GB drafted Boller's replacement at Cal. They knew Telford and his system and
    liked Aaron Rogers and Teford had this reputation of submitting QB busts to the NFL. GB saw
    something in Rogers the rest of the league didn't and took him.

In fact, Gruden was talking to one of the QBs in this draft on his QB show he he said
    he regretted not drafting Rogers at TB because Rogers got even and demolished his
    team when they played us. He got even. The point he made was to get even for going so low but
    Gruden was fooled again because that QB on his show was Jake Locker who was expected to go
    lower than the top 10 but went #8-lol.

Yea, some of it is luck and some of it ain't.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-21-2011 at 10:44 PM.

5. Re: Why Ravens Fans Should Love Steve Bisciotti

are all ravens fans in greenville, sc going to be at baileys on sun for the superbowl??? I just found out that ravens fans go there!

LOL. Wow. For your first post on this board you sure dug deep and went back in time. Little did we know we were going to get our hearts broken 4 months later. Bitter memories that have since been replaced recently by greater ones

Being from Philly is a plus, imho! Grew up and worked in a steel town (Bethlehem) north of Philly, so I was an Iggles and Phillies fan all my life, until I became a transplanted Baltimore fan in the early 80s, a decision I have NEVER regretted! Biscuit is the real deal, and we are quite fortunate to have him in charge!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Two years later and change...

Does anyone NOT love Steve B? Does anyone still have an issue with how this team was built and run over last 5 years?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Steve B has clearly been the driving force behind this culture change. Putting people first and investing in them. Creating a family like atmosphere with an open door policy. Big Kudos to him. Dude has got humility, some of which he inherited from the late Art Modell.

More recently, it was awesome when he told Harbaugh to stop being a pvssy and fire Cam. As responsible as the RL retirement for this SB run.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Two years later and change...

Does anyone NOT love Steve B? Does anyone still have an issue with how this team was built and run over last 5 years?
    When you look at all the crappy ones out there it's hard not to love Steve B. Imagine dealing with GM Jerry Jones or the latest clueless talk from Woody Johnson?
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    When you look at all the crappy ones out there it's hard not to love Steve B. Imagine dealing with GM Jerry Jones or the latest clueless talk from Woody Johnson?
    + Infinity

Blog Entries

He kinda has Donald Trump hair and orange skin, but other than that, I wouldn't trade him for any other owner in the world.

I absolutely love the fact that he comes off as a guy that you could sit down and have a beer with, he's not one of those stuck-up jerks that hides in their owner's box in their three-piece suit.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

yup, the guy is for his team and city, not just for his pockets. Puts out for his team, whatever you need, go get it.