Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Why Ravens Fans Should Love Steve Bisciotti

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Packers have a history of being cheap. They've overcome it with great drafts and undrafted free agents. When a top player like a Cullen Jenkins is up for free agency they don't even try to keep him. They have a very short list of players they'll pay. Imagine what they could do if they spent like the Ravens. They would have a real shot at a dynasty.
    Like I said, they have a great system even if it doesn't include spending.

They still do have that shot at another SB even with as little as they spend. They have all
    their guys back from last year so think how much better they will be.

Also, they played lousy like Ravens last week. Panthers almost beat them
    but GB found a way to win just like Lombardi's great teams while the
    Ravens couldn't.

At this point Ravens have a shot at the Super Bowl but they'll have to beat
    GB. I'd hate to see Rogers picking on these corners and a rookie who will
    be back.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Like I said, they have a great system even if it doesn't include spending.

They still do have that shot at another SB even with as little as they spend. They have all
    their guys back from last year so think how much better they will be.

Also, they played lousy like Ravens last week. Panthers almost beat them
    but GB found a way to win just like Lombardi's great teams while the
    Ravens couldn't.

At this point Ravens have a shot at the Super Bowl but they'll have to beat
    GB. I'd hate to see Rogers picking on these corners and a rookie who will
    be back.
    This is such a short-sighted post.

The Packers won the first two championships, then went underground for 2 decades (that's 20 years). I don't know what formula that is and I don't wanna know.

Ozzie will leave before Bisciotti, and when he does, this organization damn well better have a targeted replacement hand picked/blessed by Ozzie...... otherwise, the Ravens could be facing a Raiders/SanFran/Cowboys circa 2000-2010 decade of futility (I know the Raiders were still good in '02, but winning 5 or less games for 7yrs straight gives them extra years of futility).

The Ravens are a special organization. One of the best run in the league. We have a gem in Baltimore and I hope it never tarnishes.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Blog Entries

SC - dont you think that's why DeCosta has been sticking around?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

4. Re: Why Ravens Fans Should Love Steve Bisciotti

Bisciotti is a terrific owner that loves his team and understands that his franchise represents the city of Baltimore (and surrounding burbs). He clearly takes a lot of pride in that. He's not a corporate pawn like a lot of locals have labeled him.

Having seen Angelos destroy baseball in this town, I'd say we're pretty lucky to have a guy like SB owning the Ravens.

Do we have an ignore feature here?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    This is such a short-sighted post.

The Packers won the first two championships, then went underground for 2 decades (that's 20 years). I don't know what formula that is and I don't wanna know.

Ozzie will leave before Bisciotti, and when he does, this organization damn well better have a targeted replacement hand picked/blessed by Ozzie...... otherwise, the Ravens could be facing a Raiders/SanFran/Cowboys circa 2000-2010 decade of futility (I know the Raiders were still good in '02, but winning 5 or less games for 7yrs straight gives them extra years of futility).

The Ravens are a special organization. One of the best run in the league. We have a gem in Baltimore and I hope it never tarnishes.

Short sighted? Guess you don't know that Ravens haven't won the SB in a decade while everyone
    here including myself is praising them.

GB won the most recent one and have an excellent chance for a repeat with
    all their injured players back from last year and the best young QB in the game.
    Plus they've made the POs while usually beating us along the way. With everyone here
    praising our organization, when was the last time we beat GB and with their lack of
    spending?
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-21-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Plus they've made the POs while usually beating us along the way.
    They've played us 4 times in 16 years and are 3-1 against us, hard to claim that that constitutes a pattern.

Meanwhile we've made the playoffs 7 times in the last ten seasons same as they have. We both have the same number of Super Bowl titles in that time span. We have 2 more playoff wins in the last decade than them.

In other words, they're very good. We're very good. Any comparisons between our franchises in the last decade is going to reveal two relatively equal teams.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Exactly right, man.

That's what I was trying to say - two equal teams in last decade both winning a
    SB and making the POs with one spending the other not spending.

Great post.

Blog Entries

you don't have to spend as much when you have a HOF QB replaced by another potential HOF'er. green bay has been pretty lucky in that regard.

Blog Entries

They always had good people. In fact, many Ravens fans don't remember this but Ozzie wasn't the
    only one who tried to trade up for Boller. GB and Miami also wanted Kyle. We just had the higher picks.

GBs former GM named Wolf, I think it was, had retired to Annapolis but did counciltation for GB. Wolfe
    was the one who brought Farve to GB and he recommended Boller. Of course, GB lucked out losing the
    Boller sweepstakes-lol. Kyle was a top 20 pick at the time as I recall but someone can correct me there.
    I remember yelling and screaming with Fred Grau at the stadium when we got Boller. The place went
    nuts in front of the booth that broadcasted the draft. ILMAO I do remember a member of this board
    named Topper K saying just because he can throw a football thru the goal post from mid field on one
    knee doesn't mean he can play football. Man, Tooper knew something the rest of us didn't.

Enter Aaron Rogers who replaced Boller at Cal. Now I don't know if Wolf had anything to do with Rogers
    but it's no coincidence GB drafted Boller's replacement at Cal. They knew Telford and his system and
    liked Aaron Rogers and Teford had this reputation of submitting QB busts to the NFL. GB saw
    something in Rogers the rest of the league didn't and took him.

In fact, Gruden was talking to one of the QBs in this draft on his QB show he he said
    he regretted not drafting Rogers at TB because Rogers got even and demolished his
    team when they played us. He got even. The point he made was to get even for going so low but
    Gruden was fooled again because that QB on his show was Jake Locker who was expected to go
    lower than the top 10 but went #8-lol.

Yea, some of it is luck and some of it ain't.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-21-2011 at 10:44 PM.

11. Re: Why Ravens Fans Should Love Steve Bisciotti

are all ravens fans in greenville, sc going to be at baileys on sun for the superbowl??? I just found out that ravens fans go there!

LOL. Wow. For your first post on this board you sure dug deep and went back in time. Little did we know we were going to get our hearts broken 4 months later. Bitter memories that have since been replaced recently by greater ones:)