Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Why Ravens Fans Should Love Steve Bisciotti

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfan_11 View Post
    Agreed. DeCosta is the real talent, and I'd rather keep him over Ozzie. You can tell he is the real strategist. Ozzie's just there to say the same thing over and over and over at the end of year press conference.
    Just like savage and kokinas were the brains behind oz.

Blog Entries

Thank you Steve Bisciotti.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    He's from severna park. He went to severna park high school anyway (he was in the same class as my aunt). And he got his professional start working out of his parents basement in SP.
    I knew he grew up around Baltimore, but was born in Philly. I didn't know where or how long.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

[QUOTE=Ravenfan_11;312085]
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Good post. Very true.

I also really like that Bisciotti (even though he is from Philly) is more or less a local guy going to Salisbury State down on the shore.

QUOTE]

He moved to Glen Burnie when he was 1. I doubt he really see's himself as from Philly. He grew up a Colts fan. He is as local as it gets. Give a guy a break, heck even Nestor Apparicio wasn't born in Baltimore.

But considering he probably worshiped Johnny U as a kid, it must pain him to own a team now with a baffoon behind center that can't string two good games together or put the team on his shoulders.
    Yea, now Flacco's a baffoon? And, it's buffoon. I'd get that right before I'd call anybody else that...

He's like a good coach, in that he puts his team (his organization) in the best position to succeed.

Whether they execute on the field (or in the front office or coaching rooms) is mostly out of his control.

Put it this way...the Ravens could have a much, much, much worse owner.

Just look around the division, or down the road, or across the street in the Warehouse.
    Last edited by PeterB58; 09-21-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Great guy, still local. You can run into him in Anne Arundel County. Doesn't act the billionaire and I can say that from experience.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Great guy, still local. You can run into him in Anne Arundel County. Doesn't act the billionaire and I can say that from experience.
    I've seen him twice in the Woodfire right there in SP. Seen him on the road in his bently too.

[QUOTE=Ravenfan_11;312085]
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Good post. Very true.

I also really like that Bisciotti (even though he is from Philly) is more or less a local guy going to Salisbury State down on the shore.

QUOTE]

He moved to Glen Burnie when he was 1. I doubt he really see's himself as from Philly. He grew up a Colts fan. He is as local as it gets. Give a guy a break, heck even Nestor Apparicio wasn't born in Baltimore.

But considering he probably worshiped Johnny U as a kid, it must pain him to own a team now with a baffoon behind center that can't string two good games together or put the team on his shoulders.
    Damn! is this sunspot?

Question Re: Why Ravens Fans Should Love Steve Bisciotti

Now if we could only get a real QB in here instead of Bert Flacco maybe we could actually go 14-2, get a bye, and have an easy road to the playoffs for once.
    :grbac:

Ozzie's just there to say the same thing over and over and over at the end of year press conference.

I shouldn't bite, but after 3 posts like that I can't help myself.

Yea, Flacco is no Johnny U, but who is? He's far from a buffoon, and he's actually the reason we are consistently making the playoffs. I'm not saying he's perfect, but some of what you wrote is rediculous.

And do you seriously believe that Ozzie is just a mouthpiece? Was Eric DeCosta responsible for drafting the defense that won us a Super Bowl?

By the way, nice post GOTA. I totally agree. We're very fortunate to have such a great owner.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post

Damn! is this sunspot?
    Ha, I think some of the neanderthals made their way over here as well with all of us...

Hopefully the mods come in and take care of obviously trolls/trolling.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Packers have a history of being cheap. They've overcome it with great drafts and undrafted free agents. When a top player like a Cullen Jenkins is up for free agency they don't even try to keep him. They have a very short list of players they'll pay. Imagine what they could do if they spent like the Ravens. They would have a real shot at a dynasty.
    Coaching and FO working together.

Last year was probably one of the greatest displays of coaching this league has seen in several decades.

20+ players on IR. Several years of coaching a young QB behind a living legend that led up to the culmination of last season. Game plans that worked more often than not. A healthy mix of veterans and young players working the plan to help accumulate wins. Winning on the road through the playoffs.

I hope Mike McCarthy wins another SB (not against my Ravens, though). He deserves to go down as one of the greats.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.