Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Why Ravens Fans Should Love Steve Bisciotti

Ngata, Suggs, Ray, Reed, Cundiff, Koch, Heap, Mason

Ravens fans never have to worry about not being able to pay a player who has been a top performer for the team

Boldin, Evans, McGahee

Ravens fans never have to worry about the teams willingness to trade for a big contract

Ozzie, DeCosta and some of the best scouts in the NFL

Ravens fans never have to worry about cutting corners in the Front Office. Scouting services save money but it's results that count here

Ravens Corporate HQ and Team Facilities

Ravens fans never have to worry about a poor impression given to free agents because the facilities date back to the Flintstone era

Ravens fans should love Steve Bisciotti because he's put his heart, soul and a huge amount of moolah into this team. Many owners, Bengals, Bills, Bucs, Chiefs, Chargers, Packers etc..make their team compete with one hand tied behind their backs but that will NEVER happen as long as we continue to be blessed with great ownership.

Blog Entries

Re: Why Ravens Fans Should Love Steve Bisciotti

Good post. Very true.

I also really like that Bisciotti (even though he is from Philly) is more or less a local guy going to Salisbury State down on the shore.

He cares about the product on the field and that's refreshing when you look at other owners like Paul Brown and Jerry Richardson.

What I like the most about him is that he lets the people he hired do their jobs. He doesn't undercut them and he doesn't stick his nose into everything.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Yup, glad they signed Ngata. He is A+. Now if we could only get a real QB in here instead of Bert Flacco maybe we could actually go 14-2, get a bye, and have an easy road to the playoffs for once.

Blog Entries

uM, the Packers? One hand behind their back?

They're the SB champ and they won it with a lot of guys out last year and have them
    back this year. True they are way under the cap but their system is one of the best locking up
    Aaron Rogers long term when they needed to and before Vick got that mega contract. They
    pay as they go. Rogers is probably kicking himself right now after winning MVP of the SB. He's
    locked up til 13 or 14 , I think and for a fraction of what Vick got. Just think what he'd get next
    year after what Vick got.

You need to take them off the list. Even the Chargers make the POs a lot and KC made the POs
    last year vs us but have changed since Ozzie's old pal became their GM moving over from NE.

The other teams are spot on and we're lucky to have Bisciotti. If only he could own the O's too.
    Just think, he could move Ozzie over as GM for double duties-lol. Ozzie knows a lot about baseball
    having played it - a lot more than some of the jerks that were in that chair.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-21-2011 at 12:27 PM.

[QUOTE=wickedsolo;312081]Good post. Very true.

I also really like that Bisciotti (even though he is from Philly) is more or less a local guy going to Salisbury State down on the shore.

QUOTE]

He moved to Glen Burnie when he was 1. I doubt he really see's himself as from Philly. He grew up a Colts fan. He is as local as it gets. Give a guy a break, heck even Nestor Apparicio wasn't born in Baltimore.

But considering he probably worshiped Johnny U as a kid, it must pain him to own a team now with a baffoon behind center that can't string two good games together or put the team on his shoulders.

+1 Shoutout to DeCosta. Ozzie gets all the credit, but I really feel we've been drafting better since DeCosta started influencing our scouting process.

A winner who cares about winning and is willing to invest in a winning franchise.

After 11-5, 9-7 and 12-4 seasons, Ravens are beginning to attract fans here in Greenville, SC.

I tell 'em to come on in. The bandwagon can fit everybody!
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    uM, the Packers? One hand behind their back?

They're the SB champ and they won it with a lot of guys out last year and have them
    back this year. True they are way under the cap but their system is one of the best locking up
    Aaron Rogers long term when they needed to and before Vick got that mega contract. They
    pay as they go. Rogers is probably kicking himself right now after winning MVP of the SB. He's
    locked up til 13 or 14 , I think and for a fraction of what Vick got. Just think what he'd get next
    year after what Vick got.

You need to take them off the list. Even the Chargers make the POs a lot and KC made the POs
    last year vs us but have changed since Ozzie's old pal became their GM moving over from NE.

The other teams are spot on and we're lucky to have Bisciotti. If only he could own the O's too.
    Just think, he could move Ozzie over as GM for double duties-lol. Ozzie knows a lot about baseball
    having played it - a lot more than some of the jerks that were in that chair.
    The Packers have a history of being cheap. They've overcome it with great drafts and undrafted free agents. When a top player like a Cullen Jenkins is up for free agency they don't even try to keep him. They have a very short list of players they'll pay. Imagine what they could do if they spent like the Ravens. They would have a real shot at a dynasty.

Blog Entries

Good post. Biscuit is a great owner. I have heard him say in interviews that owning the ravens is all about pride for him. He makes enough money off his other ventures that its not about the profit margin with him, unlike alot of other owners. He grew up in severna park and is a lifelong baltimore/md sports fan. He is in it simply for the pride that comes with winning. He wants to be seen in the community as the yin to peter angelos' yang.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    +1 Shoutout to DeCosta. Ozzie gets all the credit, but I really feel we've been drafting better since DeCosta started influencing our scouting process.
    Agreed. DeCosta is the real talent, and I'd rather keep him over Ozzie. You can tell he is the real strategist. Ozzie's just there to say the same thing over and over and over at the end of year press conference.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Ravenfan_11;312085]
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Good post. Very true.

QUOTE]

He moved to Glen Burnie when he was 1. I doubt he really see's himself as from Philly. He grew up a Colts fan. He is as local as it gets. Give a guy a break, heck even Nestor Apparicio wasn't born in Baltimore.

But considering he probably worshiped Johnny U as a kid, it must pain him to own a team now with a baffoon behind center that can't string two good games together or put the team on his shoulders.
    If it pains him then he won't pay him. We'll know what Bisciotti thinks about Flacco when we see what they offer him

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Good post. Very true.

He cares about the product on the field and that's refreshing when you look at other owners like Paul Brown and Jerry Richardson.

What I like the most about him is that he lets the people he hired do their jobs. He doesn't undercut them and he doesn't stick his nose into everything.
    He's from severna park. He went to severna park high school anyway (he was in the same class as my aunt). And he got his professional start working out of his parents basement in SP.