Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: Why Ravens Fans Should Love Steve Bisciotti

GOTA--
    Agree, Bisciotti has been a delight as an owner.

On another topic --
    "More recently, it was awesome when he told Harbaugh to stop being a pvssy[sic] and fire Cam."

I've been laboring under the impression that Ozzie said this is not the case. Can you or anyone confirm that the quote is true?

Interesting question. I think there is a lot that he has done an excellent job. He has a great football operations team (ozzie, eric), he got his man in John Harbaugh, and there is no peer to the "castle". He stays out of the press most of the time and seems to let the football staff do the football. The Ravens have kept the best of their own (Ray, Ed, Haloti, Ogden, Yanda, etc.). However, he approved moving training camp from Westminster which he caught a lot of flack, and anyone who thinks that there is not a money aspect to everything that the team does is fooling themselves. Excellent owner, ABSOLUTELY, but not perfect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManfredHanover View Post
    Interesting question. I think there is a lot that he has done an excellent job. He has a great football operations team (ozzie, eric), he got his man in John Harbaugh, and there is no peer to the "castle". He stays out of the press most of the time and seems to let the football staff do the football. The Ravens have kept the best of their own (Ray, Ed, Haloti, Ogden, Yanda, etc.). However, he approved moving training camp from Westminster which he caught a lot of flack, and anyone who thinks that there is not a money aspect to everything that the team does is fooling themselves. Excellent owner, ABSOLUTELY, but not perfect.
    I'm from Westminster, and yes, the move of TC did sting a bit...

But two years of the TC at the facility...2 AFC Championship games, 1 Super Bowl...Not exactly seeming like it was a bad football decision. Yeah, somewhat money related, but Ravens did give them a hefty amount to build up their new "stadium" at McDaniel. And having the 3 public practices, while it had some minor kinks in 1st year, turned out to be fine.

But i don't think anyone is delusional enough to think Steve B doesn't care about money. He's not a miser or a grubber, but he's not going to "give it away", he's going to make sure it's profitable at the end of the day.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

The practice limitations in the new CBA helped with the TC decision also didn't it?