Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Deadline day for Ngata

Not the end of the world if he doesn't sign right now, but I do not wish for him to become a pass rusher (8 plus sacks) this year and then we definately will not sign him (or be way more difficult). I mean he's worth every penny, but if we are to contend every year, we will have a pour big $$ into only a couple of players that will be the core your team.

He is one of those players if I'm the GM along with Suggs when talking about defense, but right now his price tag goes up every week he plays. That may put him in the Cinci, Buffalo, and Tampa side of the business as they have until next year to get to that cap floor (I think) which further puts me on edge with this.

GETTER DONE!!!

I believe the fans are much more concerned with this matter than the FO. Ozzie probably has nothing on his calendar today regarding Ngata.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I believe the fans are much more concerned with this matter than the FO. Ozzie probably has nothing on his calendar today regarding Ngata.
    Ridiculous statement. The FO is running a multi-million dollar enterprise. If you are concerned with paying your $80 cable bill so you can watch the games on Sunday, then the FO is 900,000 times more concerned with making sure they make the right decision regarding Ngata.

Sacks are king in this league and Ngata passively contributes to the total, meaning that he doesn't get em, but he helps other guys to get em.

That's not worth $100 million, IMO. Anyways, the final number is not the issue. It's the guaranteed money that is the issue.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Blog Entries

Twitter is abuzz with talks that a deal is imminent.

Aaron - "Ravens are on verge of striking a blockbuster deal with Pro Bowl DT Haloti Ngata, according to a league source."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I'm beginning to think I would rather see this money poured into the Offense. We want to dump all of this money into our Defensive superstars (it's in our DNA at this point)... but lets face it: Teams that have gone to the Super Bowl over the last decade have not had a Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, or a Haloti Ngata on them... They are not necessities to being a winning football team. It's going to be a tough decision... As much as I love watching Ngata play, it may be in the team's best interest to not resign him.
    i hear what you are saying but defense is still important. if they let ngata go, where does that leave them after ray and reed retire?

SB winner/defenive ranking

2010 packers- #5
    2009 saints- #25
    2008 steelers- #1
    2007 giants- #7
    2006 colts- #21
    2005 steelers- #4
    2004 pats- #9
    2003 pats- #7
    2002 bucs- #1

7 of the last 9 SB winners have had a top 10 defense. and i would add that the colts 06 defense and saints 09 defense played exceptional in the playoffs. its not as important as it used to be but its still important.

I'd be shocked if a deal isn't done in the next few hours.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Twitter is abuzz with talks that a deal is imminent.

Aaron - "Ravens are on verge of striking a blockbuster deal with Pro Bowl DT Haloti Ngata, according to a league source."
    please be true, please be true, please be true

There have been a few recent tweets that there may be a deal after all and that negotiations picked up as the deadline approached. :ww:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I'm beginning to think I would rather see this money poured into the Offense. We want to dump all of this money into our Defensive superstars (it's in our DNA at this point)... but lets face it: Teams that have gone to the Super Bowl over the last decade have not had a Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, or a Haloti Ngata on them... They are not necessities to being a winning football team. It's going to be a tough decision... As much as I love watching Ngata play, it may be in the team's best interest to not resign him.
    The Steelers have spent a lot of money on defense. The Colts made Freeney the highest paid at his last deal. The Pats seemed to stop making the Super Bowl after they decided to move on from their expensive defensive guys like Richard Seymour. I understand your thought but there needs to be a specific superstar on offense that money is going to if they lose Ngata.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    I'd be shocked if a deal isn't done in the next few hours.
    T minus 1 hour 45 minutes

Blog Entries

Hopefully they can close the deal today. Have about two hours to do it...

Ngata is a rare talent. Players like that help you win championships regardless of what side of the ball they play on.