Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: harbs considering shutting foxy and evans down

Quote Originally Posted by RavNMadMan View Post
    Unfortunately this is catch-22 for sure. You could make the argument we've already been missing both of these guys due to a distinct lack of effectiveness. I say rest Evans until (and only until he is 100%) As Fanatic said, the Ravens can game plan around him for a while. On the other hand Foxworth is a different matter. While playing poorly due to injury, at least he's a body where we are incredibily thin at this point. Maybe Haruki takes his spot? Tough problem to solve here.
    If Carr doesn't come back next week, I say activate Brown as the nickel and Naku as the dime. Gorrer will be a ST'er and backup if another goes down. While it isn't the best situation, I really don't think Sam Bradford should be lighting us up. Then again I didn't think Hasselbeck had a chance in hall, but Harbuagh will not lose to 2 sub .500 teams this year. Definitely not 2 in a row.

Fox seams like a mental thing, I would start him against receiver number 3(if there not a burner). let him gain some confidence(or really show hes not worth the money). I like Williams, he made a noob mistake, then learned right away and didn't fall for it the second time. I'd work nakamura with some corner work as well, he is effective.

FWIW, Carr says he's going to be ready to go against the Rams. I know I read that on the Sun today but I cannot find the link. So hopefully he is right.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    FWIW, Carr says he's going to be ready to go against the Rams. I know I read that on the Sun today but I cannot find the link. So hopefully he is right.
    I really hope he's 100%. I don't want to see him go out there for a few plays only to be taken out. We really need Carr back in this secondary.

Good. We missed Carr maybe more than anyone else yesterday, in my humble opinion.

As for Evans: I am concerned that, perhaps, Flacco did not overthrow him down the sideline, but rather Evans underran the pass. Hopefully he's well enough to play, if not, hopefully one of the young speedy guys (Smith, Williams, Doss) will be able to be the guy who races down the sideline on the 9 route.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Good. We missed Carr maybe more than anyone else yesterday, in my humble opinion.

As for Evans: I am concerned that, perhaps, Flacco did not overthrow him down the sideline, but rather Evans underran the pass. Hopefully he's well enough to play, if not, hopefully one of the young speedy guys (Smith, Williams, Doss) will be able to be the guy who races down the sideline on the 9 route.
    Yeah....I didn't think about that way. If it was a go or fly route, typically the QB throws to a spot and WR has to run under it. Certainly Evans is nowhere near 100%. Personally I think it's time to see Doss on the field and let Joe spread the ball around. Dickson, Rice, Boldin and Doss....it could work IMO

They both did little to help the cause and in Foxworth's case, was a liability. The Ravens need to get Doss and/or Smith up to par as pros. Smith has been a huge diappointment thus far.

Blog Entries

I would sit Carr, Foxworth, and Evans against the Rams. The way these guys are playing, it won't be much of a drop off if they don't play. Get everyone reasonably healthy against the Jets.

Blog Entries

You guys bagging on Smith are fucking hilarious.

Hey, how's Jonathan Baldwin doing down in KC? Or, what about Titus Young???

Guess they can't all be Calvin Johnson, huh?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Was Evans damaged goods? Suddenly we have -- AGAIN -- no deep threat. IMHO basing your game roster on STers is the tail wagging the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    You guys bagging on Smith are fucking hilarious.

Hey, how's Jonathan Baldwin doing down in KC? Or, what about Titus Young???

Guess they can't all be Calvin Johnson, huh?
    What has Smith done? I don't expect him to light things up but I do expect him to be on the field. The fact that Evans is limping around out there just shows the staff has no confidence in Smith even being a decoy. People are saying Smith wasn't even running his patterns out and looked confused. He should a least know his responsibilities and carry them through. He should at least be able to run a damn 9 pattern if Evans can't so defenses can't play 8 in the box. He is doing none of this and I am not even complaining about the fact that Vonta Leach has more receptions than Smith. Has Smith even had a ball thrown in his direction? Show me something. Our passing game at this point is sudenly worse than last year. My point is the guy should at least be able to run straight ahead full speed and push the ceiling of a defense up. He doesn't even seem to be able to do that.

Blog Entries

smith was out there stretching the steelers defense last week. and he may start next week against the rams. i wouldnt give up on him just yet.