Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lardarius Webb

Blog Entries

Re: Ladarious Webb

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Webb will give you some moments where he looks like he could be a very good physical cover man. Then he'll bite on a double move the next series. If he could ever put it together he'd be a true #2 CB.
    I think he'll end up being a very good corner. Hopefully for us.

Both he and Cary bit on those double moves early in the game, but then they stopped biting and they had to go to different routes. Half the time Hasselbeck was just throwing it in the general direction of Britt. Britt was just on fire.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Webb will give you some moments where he looks like he could be a very good physical cover man. Then he'll bite on a double move the next series. If he could ever put it together he'd be a true #2 CB.
    he had a great break up of a pass on 3rd and 4 in the 3rd qtr, as well as a big tackle on 3rd down in the 4th qtr.
    and he looked good last week against the steelers.

bottom line, the whole secondary looked like shit, including ed reed at times. there is no point in singling out any one guy. the whole unit failed.

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Here are his issues.

1) He struggles in man to man.
    2) He plays too soft in zone.
    3) He is too small to jam receivers at the line
    4) He is too small to break up passes thrown where receivers need to catch the ball at its highest point.

Here are his strengths.

1) He's an above average tackler (which is good given the number of balls that get completed on him).
    2) He's a solid blitzer from the secondary
    3) Special Teams
    4) Dreadlocks
    I would add that he is a real good playmaker when the ball is in his hands. He also has great speed and get cover the 9 routes pretty well.

Re: Lardarius Webb

He was a safety in college. And coverted to corner in the pro

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    I would add that he is a real good playmaker when the ball is in his hands. He also has great speed and get cover the 9 routes pretty well.
    The playmaker aspect of his game falls under the special teams category. He has two career interceptions for 32 yards, so while I'm not saying he isn't a threat to take it to the house, I'm saying despite a fluke here or there the only time he has the ball is when they kick it to him. He has OK speed, but nothing that sets him apart on the NFL football field.

Blog Entries

Lardarius Webb is a solid third year CB who will likely continue to improve.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

If Webb gets his hands on a Bradford throw, he's taking it to the house.

Please Lord, don't let him get matched up with Danario.... sheesh!
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Blog Entries

We've had far worse CBs to complain about around here, in all honesty.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    bottom line, the whole secondary looked like shit, including ed reed at times. there is no point in singling out any one guy. the whole unit failed.

They all played like do-do in Tennessee. It also didn't help them that the Ravens didn't get any pass rush. The pass rush in the Steelers game is what made the Secondary look good.

The secondary is OK. They are not going to be elite but they don't have to be IF the Ravens are going to get consistent pass rush. Having J. Smith and C. Carr back will go a long way getting this unit to be good.
    I root for the Steelers; I root for their plane to go down.

I'd rather be dead than pessimistic.

10. Re: Lardarius Webb

Webb to me from my observation is not a number 1 or 2 cb yet. This is Webb 3rd season. He is still fairly young to this. His rookie season he didnt see that much time on the field at cornerback if any. He had a couple of good kickoff returns that yr before he got hurt. His 2nd yr was his first full season at cb. So he was basically a rookie out there last yr. He played ok. He is physically, good speed, sure tackler. he can get turned around sometimes and get beat but not enough for me to give up on him. Proper coaching and better technique and time will give webb tremendous help. He would still be my legit nickel back corner until he proves otherwise.