Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lardarius Webb

Re: Ladarious Webb

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Here are his issues.

1) He struggles in man to man.
    2) He plays too soft in zone.
    3) He is too small to jam receivers at the line
    4) He is too small to break up passes thrown where receivers need to catch the ball at its highest point.

Here are his strengths.

1) He's an above average tackler (which is good given the number of balls that get completed on him).
    2) He's a solid blitzer from the secondary
    3) Special Teams
    4) Dreadlocks
    I think that's a pretty fair assessment so far of what he has shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Pollard was ran out of Houston due to his pass coverage "abilities".

I don't think he is the answer when it comes to covering someone. He is an awesome blitzer though...
    Let me rephrase. I am aware why he is no longer on Houston, my point is I don't think he could have played any worse than Zibby. Zibby is running around like he has cement in his shoes, and to me more important he does not lay the wood.

I would have liked to see us put Pollard out there just so he could level a receiver that came across the middle, to make them think twice about doing it. Did you see the hit Robinson put on Maclin last night, you think that hit Maclin took did not play into why he dropped a crucial 4th down pass, he felt foot steps.

I'm not saying Pollard would have shut down the passing attack, but having a guy out there that couldn't cover or lay a hit tells me it's time for a change!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    Let me rephrase. I am aware why he is no longer on Houston, my point is I don't think he could have played any worse than Zibby. Zibby is running around like he has cement in his shoes, and to me more important he does not lay the wood.

I would have liked to see us put Pollard out there just so he could level a receiver that came across the middle, to make them think twice about doing it. Did you see the hit Robinson put on Maclin last night, you think that hit Maclin took did not play into why he dropped a crucial 4th down pass, he felt foot steps.

I'm not saying Pollard would have shut down the passing attack, but having a guy out there that couldn't cover or lay a hit tells me it's time for a change!
    Same criticisms apply to the following Ravens defenders:

The entire linebacking corps. (Suggs not included)

Webb bites way too much on the first move by WRs.. All you do is run a stop and go on him and he is toast.

Man, I think this thread is just completely off-base. He's not a shut-down corner, but I don't know why anyone would think he would have to be one to be a solid corner in this league. Webb plays a very solid corner. He's a sure tackler, doesn't give up much in YAC, will make occasional plays on the ball, etc. There's absolutely no way he should be converted to safety. With a fully healthy set of corners, he's one of the best nickle corners in the NFL if not the best, and would be a solid starter on most NFL teams. You don't convert guys like that to safety.

Yesterday was in no way on him. Foxworth was getting toasted regularly, and Carey Williams also had a pretty bad game. Even Reed looked pretty bad.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Man, I think this thread is just completely off-base. He's not a shut-down corner, but I don't know why anyone would think he would have to be one to be a solid corner in this league. Webb plays a very solid corner. He's a sure tackler, doesn't give up much in YAC, will make occasional plays on the ball, etc. There's absolutely no way he should be converted to safety. With a fully healthy set of corners, he's one of the best nickle corners in the NFL if not the best, and would be a solid starter on most NFL teams. You don't convert guys like that to safety.

Yesterday was in no way on him. Foxworth was getting toasted regularly, and Carey Williams also had a pretty bad game. Even Reed looked pretty bad.

- C -
    WOW. Hyperbole much? He's not even the best nickle corner on this team. (Carr would be the best). When all our CBs are healthy Webb is the FIFTH corner. Maybe the best nickle in the league? A real LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post

All Pollard did when he was at safety this year was make plays (although it was preseason), but Zibby just seems to be a warm
    body out there. He never gets to the qb when he blitzes and he never seems to be around the ball.

IMO Zibby, McClain and T Smith all need to be replaced. They are giving us nothing. McClain looked like he was a stud early on at olb, but he is another one where you never hear his name called.

And T Smith, has he made a play yet this year (including preseason)? You activate Laquan and not Doss who could contribute on offense and probably could do just as good a job as a gunner. I could see if Laquan was returning kicks or punts, that could probably justify this move but I doubt the coaches would put him
    back there.

- C -
    I totally disagree.

And I'm also not blaming him for anything...just making an observation. It's great that he is good at preventing Yac because his guys always seem to catch the ball.

9. Re: Ladarious Webb

- C -
    Me and you disagree plenty on here (mainly around PFF and FO) but that right there is probably the smartest thing anyone on here has posted in a while. Webb won't ever set the world alight, but he is very, very solid.
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L

Blog Entries

Webb will give you some moments where he looks like he could be a very good physical cover man. Then he'll bite on a double move the next series. If he could ever put it together he'd be a true #2 CB.

Wait, we aren't supposed to be freaking out about every little thing?

Does this mean I shouldn't have been ordering my Super Bowl tickets this time last week?

This is so complicated...
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Webb just doesn't match up well against 6'3" 220lb receivers. Not many do though.

When Britt was on Cary Williams he still made some plays, but Britt really started taking over the game when they got him with 1-on-1 coverage against Foxworth and Webb. Webb was great last week against Hines Ward and Mike Wallace.

I'm just trying to figure out why Pagano didn't flat out tell Cary that he's lined up against Britt regardless of where he goes on the field. That would have been the most optimal match up for us.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.