Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lardarius Webb

Lardarius Webb

I'm coming around to the safety thing...maybe a hybrid safety/corner.

IMHO, he just isn't a corner. He's a good football player though and should be on the field in some shape form or fashion. Unfortunately, it just looks like he may be a tweener.

Maybe have him put on another 10 lbs or so and try him at safety next year? Maybe be a nickle/dime safety?

Even last week, we all thought he had a good game with the 11 tackles, but corners making that many tackles means that they are completing a lot of passes on you.

I wasn't big on the safety thing before due to his size, but I mean it's apparent to me that he is a good football player, just not that good of a corner...so we may have to find other ways to use him.

Re: Ladarious Webb

Well the truth is Jimmy Smith and Chris Carr are our two best cover guys (we hope with Smith, obviously). They're also injured.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I like him fine as a DB, he should not be returning punts. He makes very poor decisions back there.

Blog Entries

Webb is a much better CB than Foxworth.

Blog Entries

he's about as good as they have right now aside from CW

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

He hits like a safety and I'm sure he'd do it if he was asked, because that seems to play to his strength (punching people's lights out).

I heard him talk about it in an interview right after he was drafted.

When asked, he said he'd been put at CB (not by the Ravens; he'd just been drafted & this would have been about college coaches) because, with the way he plays, he'd have a very short career at safety. Too much time in the meat grinder for a guy his size.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

The only issues with Webb are that his off-coverage needs work and he struggles against more physical receivers. He is still young and has time to develop.

Chuck Pagano is just going to have to be even more selective, given the opponent, of when he brings his safeties up. Chris Carr, in all honesty, wouldn't have done much better. He does not give up too many major plays, but he is always giving up too much ground.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 09-19-2011 at 10:36 AM.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Well the truth is Jimmy Smith and Chris Carr are our two best cover guys (we hope with Smith, obviously). They're also injured.
    I wasn't talking about making the move now...I realize that he and CW were not only the best we had, but pretty much all we had/have until Carr and Smith are healthy.

I'm talking about maybe making the move next season...especially since Zibby and Ruki will be UFA's.

In regards to safety play, is Pollard that bad in pass protection? Zibby looks lost, slow and unable to compete. He is a reason for a lot of the failed pass D yesterday IMO.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    In regards to safety play, is Pollard that bad in pass protection? Zibby looks lost, slow and unable to compete. He is a reason for a lot of the failed pass D yesterday IMO.
    Pollard was ran out of Houston due to his pass coverage "abilities".

I don't think he is the answer when it comes to covering someone. He is an awesome blitzer though...

It's Lardarius Webb.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    The only issues with Webb are that his off-coverage needs work and he struggles against more physical receivers. He is still young and has time to develop.

Chuck Pagano is just going to have to be even more selective, given the opponent, of when he brings his safeties up. Chris Carr, in all honesty, wouldn't have done much better. He does not give up too many major plays, but he is always giving up too much ground.
    Here are his issues.

1) He struggles in man to man.
    2) He plays too soft in zone.
    3) He is too small to jam receivers at the line
    4) He is too small to break up passes thrown where receivers need to catch the ball at its highest point.

Here are his strengths.

1) He's an above average tackler (which is good given the number of balls that get completed on him).
    2) He's a solid blitzer from the secondary
    3) Special Teams
    4) Dreadlocks