Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

matt hasselbeck and the titans defense...

...played a helluva game. they held ray rice in check and played excellent (phenominal?) coverage. ravens receivers were blanketed all day. hasselbeck was on the money and controlled the pace of the game almost by himself. alot of those throws were straight up timing patterns, just like the one ben got us on in the playoffs, and we had no answer for them. he abused a depleted secondary like you would expect a vet QB to do. why cameron doesn't incorporate those 3 step drop and the ball is gone plays, i have no idea. that's not on joe, we don't run those plays.

just giving credit where credit is due. for all those saying that we suck and joe is one trick pony and we are doomed for another wildcard, etc, etc, its only week 2. we lost to the bengals last year in week 2 and still managed to go 12-4. at least this wasn't a division game, coulda been worse.

ravens were out executed today, plain and simple. the sky is not falling. better to beat the steelers and lose to the titans, than to beat the titans and lose to the steelers. most people has the ravens at 1-1 at this point anyway. now we get the rams (who are more beat up than we are) on a short week and i feel good about it.

Re: matt hasselbeck and the titans defense...

Matt Hasselbeck has played the Ravens 3 times in his career and has lit up our defense all 3 times. I realize that two of those games were under Billick and we came back from a huge deficit to win one of them. But some QB's are just going to play better against certain teams.

Let's be glad that Hasselbeck hasn't been the QB in say, Cleveland for the last 10 years.

Cortland Finnegan is a punk he played a great game, some key stops and pass deflections

As you say, credit due

Still one of my least favorite players though

Blog Entries

titans home opener and 1st win for coach. they wanted it more, showed alot of heart. only thing the ravens did well was stuff the run.

Blog Entries

The Titans had a very good game plan and then executed it. I wrote before the game that Cortland Finnegan would be used in the slot and the middle instead of on the outside. He was great in taking away Dickson and Boldin on crossing routes. They told everyone they were going to do it all week and still seemed to surprise the Ravens.

Absolultely, the Titans were playing very very well. Its clear they had something to prove after losing to Jax.

They are going to win 10+ games and maybe that division, Ravens were beaten by a good team when we look back on it at end of the year. Look at Seattles offense without him, plus he has a good oline and eventually Chris Johnson will get it going. Making them more dangerous. Titans still are aggressive on defense and hit hard and bring pressure. Munchak was a good hire and Hassellback still is good and will be better with titans than seattle, he has weapons and a line, and WR who can actually catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    They are going to win 10+ games and maybe that division, Ravens were beaten by a good team when we look back on it at end of the year. Look at Seattles offense without him, plus he has a good oline and eventually Chris Johnson will get it going. Making them more dangerous. Titans still are aggressive on defense and hit hard and bring pressure. Munchak was a good hire and Hassellback still is good and will be better with titans than seattle, he has weapons and a line, and WR who can actually catch.
    Doubt that......its easy to get up for the home-field opener, but after this the reality of being on the Titans, with a senile owner will set it. Bet against them.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

It could happen, as long as hasselbeck stays healthy.

Blog Entries

I don't see that at all. That looks like a 7 or 8 win team to me. Hasselbeck won't even be the starter by the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't see that at all. That looks like a 7 or 8 win team to me. Hasselbeck won't even be the starter by the end of the season.
    LOL... Mmm.. okay..

You sound like alienrace and some other dude who said in the prediction thread that Hasselbeck might not even "make it through the game"..

Watchout for this team... #1 defense, good line and Qb. If CJ gets going, they will win 10-11 games.